PlayStation MVP
51454 posts

Re: RIP GEORGIE - SWEET DREAMS MY DARLING.

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

I lost my Maggie-mae after 15 years, after that much time they are completely part of your life and it leaves a tough hole there on you.  

You gave Georgie a great life, remember all the fun and great times together and try and put those tough times before they are gone out of your mind.  Its hard especially if they are sick towards the end (oh crap...i can feel the emotion coming......).    I won't forget but I choose not to dwell, I can still see her face looking at me holding her paw as she just went away.   I won't lie, my eyes are tearing right now.  

I removed almost all traces of her when I got home.  I couldn't take the reminders.   There are times I still see her, almost 2 years later, standing on the back of the couch barking at my truck pulling up the driveway.   

I dunno I hope sharing my experience helps you through yours, there really is nothing I can do or say to make it better but I can tell you with time it does get better.  

Have you ever heard of "The Rainbow Bridge" poem?

EDIT: Nevermind its posted in the previous post.

Message 11 of 32 (167 Views)
PlayStation Support
6753 posts

Aug 26, 2013

((((HUGS))) BRIT... so sorry for your loss. 

Message 12 of 32 (152 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13633 posts

Aug 26, 2013

My parrot died earlier this summer. Salty, a sever macaw. He was...between 35 and 40, maybe even older (we have no idea). Much older than me. I grew up with him around...

Old age got him; he developed gout in his leg which made him lame, and after he got some medicine it started hurting and he almost chewed his leg off. Had to put him down; he would have been miserable if we had it amputated. Probably wouldn't have survived a month; he loved to climb and hated being unable to do so...

Message 13 of 32 (139 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10156 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Aww man, I'm sorry to hear about your loss of your pet dog, BRIT. It was wonderful having your pet for over 17 years and looking back at the photos to cherish those memories.

I can relate to it because I happen to lost a few of my beloved pets either through natural or accidental deaths like I lost my lovely Shi Tzu named Poochy to an accidental car death, and inside I was feeling angry and heart broken at the same times because of the driver and my family couldn't save him. 

Message 14 of 32 (130 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14299 posts

Aug 27, 2013

I feel your pain, Brit. I lost Angel a couple years back. She was 17. It is okay, though. A good way to deal with the loss is to wait a bit and get a new puppy.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 15 of 32 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Aug 27, 2013
Sorry, BRIT.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 16 of 32 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36071 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

Thanks so much for the comments & stories so far guys, they are heartwarming to read & you're all making me tear up just reading them, special thanks to Ikit-Klaw for the poem, it really is very beautiful.

I know we have tough times ahead, not only today, out first night with out her, for example they'll be far more room in the bed tonight, I always got the least space because Georgie always wanted to lay next to me, but tonight I shall miss not feeling her body next to mine & the little growl when i rolled over in bed, tomorrow will bring fresh menories, but as the hours, days & weeks pass  by yes it will of course get easier, it's just so raw right now for us, 3 hours ago we had a beloved dog now we are in tears at her loss.

BRIT-KO

Message 17 of 32 (112 Views)
MVP Support
18803 posts

Aug 27, 2013

My condolences BRIT-KO Smiley Sad  I know exactly what you mean. I've one of my own and not having her around the house is like living in an empty room. It is amazing the details they notice  about your behavior and the ways they find to communicate with you.

17/18 is a good amount of time on earth for a dog. I'm sure she provided you with plenty of memories. Smiley Happy

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 18 of 32 (94 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
19292 posts

Aug 27, 2013
Sorry for your loss, BRIT. Having to put a pet to sleep that you've had for a very long time is probably a very sad and hard thing to do. I've never had to do it myself, but my cousins, uncles, and aunts have had to do it several times.

My condolences.
Message 19 of 32 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost one of my birds earlier this year and it was really hard for me too. Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 32 (75 Views)
0 Likes