Aug 26 2013
By: BRIT-KO MVP Support 42468 posts

RIP GEORGIE - SWEET DREAMS MY DARLING.

31 replies 345 views Edited Aug 26, 2013

Today, just over an hour or so ago we took the heart-breaking decision to put our beloved GEORGIE to sleep, I really cannot recall a worse day in my life.

Here is one of the last photographs taken of her.

GEORGIE.jpg

She was a Maltese, she was 17/18 years old & had, I think, no I know, a wonderful life with us here in Florida.

This post, in some small way will help me get through the grieving process, it feels good to talk about her, to remember her before she became ill & frail, the things she did, her smile, yes her smile, because she did smile, she would greet me each day after I came home from work with a wagging tail, a bark or two & that smile of hers.

The place is so bloody quiet here without her it's almost deafening, her food & water bowls still remain where they always did, water un-drunk waiting for her to lap it up, her toys too are here, it's far to soon to remove these items, we took her favorite toy, a rabbit with us today when she left us, she would have liked that!

Some of you are probably wondering why I posted this, what's the point you might say, if you're one of those then please don't bother responding, if however you can kind of understand my posting this here, either because you too have lost a beloved pet & know what I'm going through, or maybe you understand it helps my grieving process, then please reply & share with me your thoughts & stories of lost loved ones.

I love you Georgie.

d2ba4878575811e2b0f722000a9f18db_5.jpg

Thanks for reading.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm PST
Message 1 of 32 (345 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: RIP GEORGIE - SWEET DREAMS MY DARLING.

Aug 26, 2013

Well, at least your dog lived a long time, my understanding is a 17-18 year old dog is pretty old. Sad all the same though. Having lived all my life with pets I definitely understand.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 32 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Aug 26, 2013

We're here for you, Brit. Losing a close companion like that is never easy. Cherish the good memories. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 32 (331 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Aug 26, 2013
Goodbye, Georgie.

Sorry for your loss, BRIT. My dog is 10, and she's getting close to that time. I dread it.
Message 4 of 32 (323 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Aug 26, 2013

i had to do the same with with my cat a few years ago. had him for 15/16 years.

i know how you feel. just reading your post brought up feeling and made me cry a litte. Smiley Sad

just remember the good times.

and get another dog. dont think of it as a replacement, just another pet you can give your love to.

Message 5 of 32 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Gosh, my tears are covering my eyes, I can hardly see this. I lost a young cat (3 years old) in June, that loss is so fresh still. Pales in comparison to your dear old doggie! 

My heart goes out to you and your household. Robot Sad

Message 6 of 32 (307 Views)
Shinra Executive
42181 posts

Aug 26, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

i had to do the same with with my cat a few years ago. had him for 15/16 years.

i know how you feel. just reading your post brought up feeling and made me cry a litte. Smiley Sad

just remember the good times.

and get another dog. dont think of it as a replacement, just another pet you can give your love to.

One of our cats is in that age range (14-15 at least).  We lost one of our dogs earlier this year.  We had her for a good 10+ Smiley Sad

I love pets but at the same time, I just dread the idea that their life expectancy is roughly a decade to a decade and a half if you're lucky.  Just seems so short and when they're gone after all that time, it really hits you Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 32 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Aug 26, 2013

I'm so sorry BRIT Smiley Sad

Sounds like she was an amazing friend. That is so cool that she lived that long and happy of a life with you and your family. 

I feel for you man. We have two dogs now that are the first dogs I've ever owned as an adult. I know the day that they pass away will be one of the saddest moments of my life.

All my best and If you need anything let me know. 

JR

Message 8 of 32 (297 Views)
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Aug 26, 2013
My eyes became watery when reading this. Losing someone, whether they be human, dog, or any other species, who is close to you is never easy. I hope the day I have to put my mini dachshund to sleep is far away. It's good to see that Georgie lived as long as she did because that shows how much you and your family cared for her. May she never be forgotten.
Message 9 of 32 (288 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5235 posts

Aug 26, 2013

My Condolences BRIT

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. 

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. 
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. 
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. 

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. 
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. 

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. 

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. 

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown... 

Message 10 of 32 (287 Views)