Dec 05 2006
By: NintendoTogepi~ Uncharted Territory 2059 posts

Question of the day: Motion sensing

3 replies 3 views Edited Dec 5, 2006
I seem to notice a severe double-standard on here of people thinking that the Wiimote is a gimmick but not the SixAxis? Why? They are practically the same thing.

If anything, Sony seems to have realised that people liked the Wiimote and quickly pulled up their motion sensing date and set up the SixAxis.

Having played both, the SixAxis feels alot more plastically and gimmicky then the Wiimote does. And the SixAxis is just used terrible in some games. I was reading about this game where you have to tilt the controller to move in an RPG!

But anyway, why is motion sensing a gimmick in the Wii but a feature when the PS3 does it?
Message 1 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Re: Question of the day: Motion sensing

Dec 5, 2006
The SA is getting attacked too, so don't hate the PS3....
Message 2 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Dec 5, 2006

NintendoTogepi wrote:
I seem to notice a severe double-standard on here of people thinking that the Wiimote is a gimmick but not the SixAxis? Why? They are practically the same thing.

If anything, Sony seems to have realised that people liked the Wiimote and quickly pulled up their motion sensing date and set up the SixAxis.

Having played both, the SixAxis feels alot more plastically and gimmicky then the Wiimote does. And the SixAxis is just used terrible in some games. I was reading about this game where you have to tilt the controller to move in an RPG!

But anyway, why is motion sensing a gimmick in the Wii but a feature when the PS3 does it?

From what I've read, both are using tiny springs as accelerometers so they both detect motion the same way. The Wiimote also add positional displacement by knowing where in space it is compared to the sensor bar. Oh, it also has rumble and a built-in speaker. To me, it's not a gimmick but a complete motion detection controller.

Message 3 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Dec 5, 2006

SlyTheBoss wrote:

NintendoTogepi wrote:

From what I've read, both are using tiny springs as accelerometers so they both detect motion the same way. The Wiimote also add positional displacement by knowing where in space it is compared to the sensor bar. Oh, it also has rumble and a built-in speaker. To me, it's not a gimmick but a complete motion detection controller.

Well saidSmiley Happy
APPLE SPY
Message 4 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes