May 16 2014
By: Shameless121213 First Son 2 posts

Question about digital game copies.

5 replies 92 views Edited May 16, 2014

I know the digital copies are registered to my account, but can they still be used on the same consol if it is sold? I'm thinking of selling my PS3 and a majority of my good games were bought digitally. I want to know if I can market my consol as having those games on it or if I have to chalk it up as a loss. 

Message 1 of 6 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6979 posts

Re: Question about digital game copies.

May 16, 2014

The second option, besides when you sell your ps3 you should reset it to it's default settings unless you want people playing on your account.

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 2 of 6 (85 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4079 posts

May 16, 2014

Those digital games are for you and you alone. If you sell your console you wouldn't want to sell it with your PSN ID and credentials. (emails and passwords and credit card, wallet, Download list, etc.)

You are supposed to remove your accounts and games from PS3 before selling it.

The value of the console is the console. You can't sell the games on the console unless your account is on it still, and they'd need info to sign in with it to control it ... Game Sharing is not allowed, and if you are talking about giving up your account, that's a gray area. I'd be uncomfortable with it, personally.

Message 3 of 6 (83 Views)
First Son
2 posts

May 16, 2014

Thank you  Crazy-Maisy, I guess I will cut my losses. I thought as much.

Message 4 of 6 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
466 posts

May 16, 2014
Sony limits the consoles your account can download copyright protected purchases to. So if you sell too many systems without deactivating your games, which are tied to your system, you can no longer DL them to another. Its in writing, if you care about that sort of thing.
Message 5 of 6 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Umbrella Scientist
9437 posts

May 16, 2014

Shameless121213 wrote:

I know the digital copies are registered to my account, but can they still be used on the same consol if it is sold? I'm thinking of selling my PS3 and a majority of my good games were bought digitally. I want to know if I can market my consol as having those games on it or if I have to chalk it up as a loss. 

Nope. You can not "legally" sell your digital downloaded games because the only way you could sell your digital download games would be to sell your account.

PSN Terms of Service section 3. COMMUNITY CODE OF CONDUCT says:

You may not sell, buy, trade, or otherwise transfer your Online ID, SEN Account or any personal access to SEN through any means or method, including by use of web sites.

http://legaldoc.dl.playstation.net/ps3-eula/psn/u/u_tosua_en.htmlThe more you know

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 6 of 6 (57 Views)
0 Likes