Highlighted
Nov 18 2006
By: TheJollyRoger~ Treasure Hunter 8027 posts

Question For The 30+ Year Olds.

6 replies 2 views Edited Nov 18, 2006
Have your priorities changed or are different from when you were in your late teens/early 20's?

For me they have. When I was younger, I literally had to have the cool name-brand clothing and shoes to wear. Now, it's whatever is the cheapest, is good enough for me.
I also seem to be more of a penny-pincher than when I was younger. When I was younger, I would have bought a lot of items simply on impulse, and not really care about price (living with parents and not having to worry about bills does that), but now, I try to get as much information about something as possible before I spend my money.

I also like to take my time with playing games, and not just blow through it as quickly as possible. I seem to be more patient as well in general things. Waiting in lines, driving on the road, etc.

I am still basically the same person, it's just that certain things do not seem as important as they once were.

What say you?

Message 1 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9299 posts

Re: Question For The 30+ Year Olds.

Nov 18, 2006
Isnt that kind of an obvious question? As you grow older your interests and what comes first change. You have children you have to hold down a job to support your family Mom and Dad arnt there to hand you some money for the movies anymore. Growing up brings responsibility. Most people after they pass this stage will not go out and buy a PS3 right away if at all. The money can be used for car payments rent food clothes toys for your child etc. I think everyones prioritys will have changed naturally.
Message 2 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6819 posts

Nov 18, 2006

bowlerguy92 wrote:
Isnt that kind of an obvious question? As you grow older your interests and what comes first change. You have children you have to hold down a job to support your family Mom and Dad arnt there to hand you some money for the movies anymore. Growing up brings responsibility. Most people after they pass this stage will not go out and buy a PS3 right away if at all. The money can be used for car payments rent food clothes toys for your child etc. I think everyones prioritys will have changed naturally.

ditto
its also called maturing

Rome Anthem 158 = Freerider Heaven
In my time here, i have learnt that 80% of the stories that are posted on the forums have been reposted from Digg, Reddit, ect..
Message 3 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3224 posts

Nov 18, 2006

The Jolly Roger wrote:
Have your priorities changed or are different from when you were in your late teens/early 20's?

For me they have. When I was younger, I literally had to have the cool name-brand clothing and shoes to wear. Now, it's whatever is the cheapest, is good enough for me.
I also seem to be more of a penny-pincher than when I was younger. When I was younger, I would have bought a lot of items simply on impulse, and not really care about price (living with parents and not having to worry about bills does that), but now, I try to get as much information about something as possible before I spend my money.

I also like to take my time with playing games, and not just blow through it as quickly as possible. I seem to be more patient as well in general things. Waiting in lines, driving on the road, etc.

I am still basically the same person, it's just that certain things do not seem as important as they once were.

What say you?

You're 30 years old???!!!????! Wow! I think you might be the oldest person on these boards! I thought you were around 20 years old.
I reached 128-bit at 2,325 posts!!!oneone111!!

Message 4 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

Nov 19, 2006
I never got the name brand stuff when I was a kid.  Instead of getting Nike shows at the mall, I got Skips at KMart.  Now that I buy my own stuff, I'm careful what I spend it on.  I rarely buy any of the overpriced stuff at the mall.  I won't spend extra unless I think I'll get a decent return on my investment.    If I see name brand shoes for $60 and off brand shoes for $20, why should I spend more?  Are the name brand shoes $40 better?  Are they three times as good?  If not then I won't get them. 

And let's say they really are three times as good.  Do I need that much shoe?  What will I use them for?  If I'm just walking around the park or hanging out somewhere, then any shoes will do.  If I'm a pro basketball player and those super shoes give me an extra 3 inch lift in my jump then I want the good ones.
Message 5 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5847 posts

Nov 19, 2006
My priorities have definitly changed,I'm married with two children which brings alot more responsibilty than what I used to have,it's just a part of growing older but it doesn't mean that I don't have to have any fun. I always say that I'm a 32 year old kid at heart
 photo godofwarsig34712.png
Message 6 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13265 posts

Nov 19, 2006

The Jolly Roger wrote:

I'm old enough to know that the picture in your avatar is a recond-rate Frazetta imitation, and your sig a second-rate Barry Windsor Smith imitation.  For shame.

But, no, I'm just as immature now as I was then.  Nothing has changed.  Except now I'm tired a lot.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 7 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes