Apr 17 2007
By: thatonekid393 Ghost of Sparta 15867 posts

Quck question about media file types (please answer)

3 replies 2 views Edited Apr 17, 2007
Well for spanish we were assigned a video, I was put in charge of making it, used my mom's new camcorder, recorded digitally, used Windows Movie maker and I'm pretty satisfied with the results considering I went in with the attitude "I'm gonna wing it" anyway, I threw in some FX, audio, etc etc and now I'm exporting the clip. I am presented with 4 choices, .avi, divX, mpeg1 and mpeg 2. I know all 4 will work on my PC, but we'll be playing it on the school's computer. I was thinking mpeg 1 or 2 since you need files for divX playback and I'm not sure about .avi, so could someone please tell me the one that would be most available by default on computers with not much new stuff on them? Thanks.

Or if you can't narrow it down, tell me like 2 or even the other 3 (excluding DivX) and I'll just burn to 3 discs
Message 1 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Re: Quck question about media file types (please answer)

Apr 17, 2007

thatonekid393 wrote:
Well for spanish we were assigned a video, I was put in charge of making it, used my mom's new camcorder, recorded digitally, used Windows Movie maker and I'm pretty satisfied with the results considering I went in with the attitude "I'm gonna wing it" anyway, I threw in some FX, audio, etc etc and now I'm exporting the clip. I am presented with 4 choices, .avi, divX, mpeg1 and mpeg 2. I know all 4 will work on my PC, but we'll be playing it on the school's computer. I was thinking mpeg 1 or 2 since you need files for divX playback and I'm not sure about .avi, so could someone please tell me the one that would be most available by default on computers with not much new stuff on them? Thanks.

Or if you can't narrow it down, tell me like 2 or even the other 3 (excluding DivX) and I'll just burn to 3 discs

avi for the most parts play on most computers...also mpeg2
Message 2 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15867 posts

Apr 17, 2007
thanks, I'll use both
Message 3 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Apr 17, 2007

thatonekid393 wrote:
thanks, I'll use both

maybe you should burn it as dvd movie...just a suggestion
Message 4 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes