Highlighted
Oct 05 2012
By: remmus65 First Son 6 posts

QUESTION - Turtle Beach P11 headphones

2 replies 111 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

I just bought a pair of P11's so I can play my games without my girlfriend having to hear the guns and screaming and zombies groans Smiley Happy The sound for Me is excellent, however she can still hear the sound perfectly well, too. The instruction booklet says the headphones are supposed to block noise so others cannot hear. I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issue? Do you recommend another brand that's better at cancelling sound? I don't want to pay anymore than $60 for them.

Thanks for your time Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Re: QUESTION - Turtle Beach P11 headphones

Oct 5, 2012
You might just need to lower the volume, I don't think it's worth it for you to buy another set of headphones for 60$ Smiley Happy

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 2 of 3 (107 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18896 posts

Re: QUESTION - Turtle Beach P11 headphones

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

remmus65 wrote:

I just bought a pair of P11's so I can play my games without my girlfriend having to hear the guns and screaming and zombies groans Smiley Happy The sound for Me is excellent, however she can still hear the sound perfectly well, too. The instruction booklet says the headphones are supposed to block noise so others cannot hear. I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issue? Do you recommend another brand that's better at cancelling sound? I don't want to pay anymore than $60 for them.

Thanks for your time Smiley Happy

|Welcome to the PS Community

They are good headsets. I have the PX21 I very much like it. Perfect for gaming and skype conferencing.

The ear cups wont keep all sound inside of them. If you are blasting the headset then yes, those close to you will hear it but it wont be nothing like sound coming out of your TV or surround sound system.

What they mean by "noise cancellation" is that the headset has the capability of eliminating/reducing unwanted sound from traveling through the mic thus your chat communication [from your end] is clearer. For example, when you are chatting with your friend & you can hear all the stuff happening in his room including the buttons he is pressing on the controller, that is the absence of noise cancellation. It has nothing to do with the sound that comes out of the ear cups. What you will have to do is lower the game audio down.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 3 of 3 (101 Views)
0 Likes