Feb 25 2013
By: Enigmaticel First Son 19 posts

Pulse Elite Headset

11 replies 819 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

I was going to purchase a pulse elite headset but with the upcoming ps4 and diffrent compatability will it be prudent to buy one ?

I dont know if the new ps4 will support bluetooth or even if the elite is bluettoth based as it comes with a usb receiver.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Message 1 of 12 (819 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8828 posts

Re: Pulse Elite Headset

Feb 25, 2013

Yea, it should support it. If i'm not mistaken, the Pulse Elite is supported via USB dongle. The PS4 will have USB ports...obviously.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 2 of 12 (810 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10140 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Not worth the money if you ask me.
Message 3 of 12 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Feb 26, 2013

I have it and love it to pieces.  The guy above me will go on a tear about how it isn't worth it if you let him Smiley Wink I've seen it before. Nothing wrong with that some people take their audio very seriously.

In my humble personal opinion and expereince.  You get a great deal of sound for a resonable price compared to some other higher priced headsets.  If you look around too you should be able to find it cheaper than the normal $150 retail.

Message 4 of 12 (787 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10140 posts

Feb 26, 2013
The issue is, 125.00 to 150.00 is a pretty high price for 2 channel analog surround sound. You can get into system with toslink at that price. To say they are comparable to Dolby headphone technology is stretching things a bit. If you can get the Sony Wireless Stereo Headset at let's say 60.00 to 80.00, that's a good value.
Message 5 of 12 (779 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8828 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
The issue is, 125.00 to 150.00 is a pretty high price for 2 channel analog surround sound. You can get into system with toslink at that price. To say they are comparable to Dolby headphone technology is stretching things a bit. If you can get the Sony Wireless Stereo Headset at let's say 60.00 to 80.00, that's a good value.

I got mines off of Amazon shipped for $129.

The problem with the $80 version, the non-elite one, is poor poor construction. The USB outlet is very cheap and mine gave out after only a year of use. The elite headset feels and IS much better built. Go for it.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 6 of 12 (767 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10140 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013
129.99 is still steep for the audio technology. The thing people fail to realize is that console audio systems are really nothing more than low end gimmicks no matter what setup you go with. But if this is something you really must do, you should be going with the lowest price possible and 130.00 is not a low price. You could pair an Astro Mixamp with even a 20.00 Sennheiser headphones and have audio that is far better than Sony Pulse.

If their 150.00 gaming headset consisted of a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones with Dolby Surround technology, that would be one thing but they are not and when you take wireless, pulse feedback and faux surround away from the Pulse, you are looking at a rather low quality pair of headphones compared to other Sony models that are not hyped up for gaming or sold at Gamestop.

Is it not interesting to you that Sony wont even release the audio specs of this system? BassImpact technology? What in the hell does that even mean? Since when is a bass feedback gimmick a good thing when the pulses are not lower than 20 Hz if they are even that? Meanwhile the Sony MDR-V6 has a frequency response of 5 Hz - 30000 Hz without gimmicks and Sony makes sure you know this.
Message 7 of 12 (760 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
129.99 is still steep for the audio technology. The thing people fail to realize is that console audio systems are really nothing more than low end gimmicks no matter what setup you go with. But if this is something you really must do, you should be going with the lowest price possible and 130.00 is not a low price. You could pair an Astro Mixamp with even a 20.00 Sennheiser headphones and have audio that is far better than Sony Pulse.

If their 150.00 gaming headset consisted of a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones with Dolby Surround technology, that would be one thing but they are not and when you take wireless, pulse feedback and faux surround away from the Pulse, you are looking at a rather low quality pair of headphones compared to other Sony models that are not hyped up for gaming or sold at Gamestop.

Is it not interesting to you that Sony wont even release the audio specs of this system? BassImpact technology? What in the hell does that even mean? Since when is a bass feedback gimmick a good thing when the pulses are not lower than 20 Hz if they are even that? Meanwhile the Sony MDR-V6 has a frequency response of 5 Hz - 30000 Hz without gimmicks and Sony makes sure you know this.

Yea, I don't understand.  I mean you can buy the simply amazing Sony XBR4 earbuds, with 4 balanced armature drivers per headphone.  $350 yes.  But audio bliss.  Relatively speaking, the Pulse headset should sound about 1/3 as good.  And I can bet that it doesn't sound nearly that good.

Honestly, I'd recommend just going with a pair of headphones with a mic.  It'll be far, far better.  Or, at the very least, go with a brand that people know produce good gaming headsets, like Astro.  They're pricey yes, but you get what you pay for.  And with the mix amp, you can use it with pretty much anything, and get great sound too.  Here's a couple headsets I'd honestly consider:

-Astro A30 (with mixamp)

-Astro A40 (with mixamp)

-Razer Megalodon (7.1 surround for $150)

-pretty much anything made by Sennheiser, Klipsch, or any other brand of the like who offer good quality headphones that aren't overpriced name-based products (i.e. SMS by 50, Soul by Ludicrous, Beats by Dr. Dre).

Even though I'm not using these for gaming, I'm personally ordering a pair of Klipsch S4i because they get nothing but phenominal reviews.  $100 for in-ear headphones?  Honestly, worth it.

Message 8 of 12 (756 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10140 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013
You are very correct, Tony although with the Astros, I really recommend the Mixamp over the audio system although the Audio system is great too. I own the 2013 Astro A40 system which does sound incredible however with the price I can get for just the headphones, online, I'm actually debating on selling them off for a better pair of headphones to use with the Astro Mixamp such as the Audio Technica ATH-A700X headphones which are down to 120.00 on Amazon or the regular A700's which only cost 89.98 on Amazon. A40's are great and are probably on par with the Sennheiser PC 360's. Maybe even the Beyerdynamic MMX 300's.

There are so many options for people to choose from so I just don't get why people stick with these low quality console systems with built in processors. It's really no different than buying a 100.00 HTiB. Here is a very good FAQ and thread with some really good options. Notice that Sony Pulse and Sony Wireless Stereo Headset is not mentioned anywhere in the thread. People only talk about it on these forums because Sony has PS3 gamers fooled into thinking it is their best option. There is a lot of very useful information here.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28705857/headphone-faq
Message 9 of 12 (752 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Mar 3, 2013
It's worth it for that price than turtle beach. I got tritton with 8 real speakers inside its wow . Then I bought pulse elite with 7.5 surround sound and cheaper now. Will definitely work for PS4 cause its advance. That's how Sony run.. Is the reason I love SONY brand is Quality with love.
Message 10 of 12 (723 Views)
0 Likes