Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/21/2012
Offline
3659 posts
 

Re: Prop 8 Overturned (California)

Jun 30, 2013
Is this legal in the UK? I don't care either way.
Also I'm a single parent child, doing well in my second year in Uni... Incase someone brings up parenting issues.
Message 31 of 39 (144 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4404 posts
 

Re: Prop 8 Overturned (California)

Jun 30, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

a child needs a male and a female in their life not both of one. its not healthy for the child it confuses it and gives it psychological problems


Someone can have psychological problems from birth. It doesn't matter if they were raised by good parents or not (though it does help.)

 

As for someone "needing" a male and female in their life, I agree. But, I was raised by a single mother. She did an outstanding job.

I also had a much older brother, a grandfather, and uncles as my male role-models / father figures.

 

The same could be said for a child being raised by 2 men or 2 woman. They will obviously have grandparents / aunts / uncles / et cetera, to fill in any gaps.

 

It takes a village to raise a child.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 32 of 39 (129 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
13101 posts
 

Re: Prop 8 Overturned (California)

Jun 30, 2013
Wow my god I actually agree with hitman on something
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 33 of 39 (125 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/22/2008
Offline
9691 posts
 

Re: Prop 8 Overturned (California)

Jun 30, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I try to stay away from these controversial threads, but HiTmAN's latest argument is one I agree with.

I don't care what the people do together, but if they have children, the children are doomed. They'll be bullied, and they'd probably have social problems.

I think a child would much rather have two gay parents than no parents.

Message 34 of 39 (115 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
37014 posts
 

Re: Prop 8 Overturned (California)

Jun 30, 2013

Dr_McNoob wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I try to stay away from these controversial threads, but HiTmAN's latest argument is one I agree with.

I don't care what the people do together, but if they have children, the children are doomed. They'll be bullied, and they'd probably have social problems.

I think a child would much rather have two gay parents than no parents.


i would move out ASAP


Message 35 of 39 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/09/2013
Offline
4945 posts
 

Re: Prop 8 Overturned (California)

Jun 30, 2013
And that @Dr_McNoob, is why I tend to avoid these controversial threads.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 36 of 39 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34135 posts
 

Re: Prop 8 Overturned (California)

Jun 30, 2013

i support gay marriage.

if 2 people love each other then let them get married, i dont care, its not hurting me in any way. they are people just like everyone else, who should they not have rights everyone else has?

this nation is influenced to much by religion, ignorance and a handful of peoples personal opinions.


Message 37 of 39 (99 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34135 posts
 

Re: Prop 8 Overturned (California)

Jun 30, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I try to stay away from these controversial threads, but HiTmAN's latest argument is one I agree with.

I don't care what the people do together, but if they have children, the children are doomed. They'll be bullied, and they'd probably have social problems.

really? how so?

when i was in high school there was a guy who had 2 dads, he wasnt bullied at all. he was even on the football team and was part of the 'popular' crowd.

 

kids who have 2 parents of the same sex are bullied just as much as kids who have a mom and a dad.


Message 38 of 39 (97 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4404 posts
 

Re: Prop 8 Overturned (California)

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

i support gay marriage.

if 2 people love each other then let them get married, i dont care, its not hurting me in any way. they are people just like everyone else, who should they not have rights everyone else has?

this nation is influenced to much by religion, ignorance and a handful of peoples personal opinions.



the_original_se wrote:

really? how so?

when i was in high school there was a guy who had 2 dads, he wasnt bullied at all. he was even on the football team and was part of the 'popular' crowd.

kids who have 2 parents of the same sex are bullied just as much as kids who have a mom and a dad.


"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 39 of 39 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes