Welcoming Committee
33690 posts

Re: Prop 8 Overturned (California)

Jun 29, 2013

Because true democracy is 9 people in robes telling 300 million people they're wrong.

Yay, democracy!  <--sarcasm

Message 11 of 39 (197 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Jun 29, 2013
You're right, Dr Gadget. Good thing the United States is a republic, not a democracy.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 12 of 39 (176 Views)
Survivor
2532 posts

Jun 29, 2013
So my question is...

Why do all the Gay weddings have to be televised on national television?
Photobucket

Monthly Subscription for Online Multiplayer is an Xbox Policy

Message 13 of 39 (168 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
972 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Don't see the point in this, why do I care if two gay people decide to marry?? Am I supposed to be so ignorant and close-minded as to deny somebody else the happiness of marriage just because of their sexual orientation? 

Message 14 of 39 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Nes_Daze wrote:

Don't see the point in this, why do I care if two gay people decide to marry?? Am I supposed to be so ignorant and close-minded as to deny somebody else the happiness of marriage just because of their sexual orientation? 

"Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.

The promoters of same-sex “marriage” propose something entirely different. They propose the union between two men or two women. This denies the self-evident biological, physiological, and psychological differences between men and women which find their complementarity in marriage. It also denies the specific primary purpose of marriage: the perpetuation of the human race and the raising of children."

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 15 of 39 (162 Views)
VP of Gaming
31314 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Nes_Daze wrote:

they get certain rights they should not be able to have

Message 16 of 39 (157 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
972 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Cimbom19855 wrote:

Nes_Daze wrote:

"Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.

The promoters of same-sex “marriage” propose something entirely different. They propose the union between two men or two women. This denies the self-evident biological, physiological, and psychological differences between men and women which find their complementarity in marriage. It also denies the specific primary purpose of marriage: the perpetuation of the human race and the raising of children."

Fancy way of saying: "Marriage has always been between a man and a woman and we cannot possibly accept the idea of two men or two women loving themselves in marriage." 

I just don't care to deny someone that freedom. 

Message 17 of 39 (156 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Jun 29, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Nes_Daze wrote:

they get certain rights they should not be able to have

hahahahahahahaha you're a joke. You're so superior to all those gay people, aren't you?

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 18 of 39 (133 Views)
PlayStation MVP
17843 posts

Jun 30, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

Because true democracy is 9 people in robes telling 300 million people they're wrong.

Yay, democracy!  <--sarcasm

Oh....ok, I thought you were talking about religion for a sec.

Message 19 of 39 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29537 posts

Jun 30, 2013
Message 20 of 39 (98 Views)
0 Likes