Highlighted
Jun 14 2012
By: Sushi_Pirate Fender Bender 4029 posts

Prometheus **Warning may contain spoilers**

30 replies 49 views Edited Jun 14, 2012

Hey everyone,

I saw Prometheus over the weekend and was curious what you guys thought?  Personally I liked it, but it left many unanswered questions, and I was curious what you guys think was going on, and where the next film if there is one will lead? 

-SP

Message 3 of 31 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Re: Prometheus **Waring may contain spoilers**

Jun 11, 2012

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I just wanted to say one thing...

You spelled "warning" wrong in the thread title

Message 1 of 31 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Jun 14, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I just wanted to say one thing...

You spelled "warning" wrong in the thread title

Well depending upon people's opinion it may turn into an internet war...  

-SP

Message 2 of 31 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Re: Prometheus **Warning may contain spoilers**

Jun 16, 2012

Not exactly an answer to your questions, but hopefully lets us believe there will be a sequel, which I'd love to see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus_%28film%29

Sequel

During the March 17, 2012, WonderCon, Scott stated that the film leaves many questions unanswered, and that these could be answered in a sequel, saying "If we're lucky, there'll be a second part. It does leave you with some nice open questions." Asked if a sequel would be a direct prequel to Alien, Lindelof said "if we’re fortunate enough to do a sequel... it will tangentialize even further away from the original Alien." In June 2012, Lindelof stated that while plot elements were deliberately left unresolved so that they could be answered in a sequel, he and Scott thoroughly discussed what should be resolved so that Prometheus could stand alone, as a sequel was not guaranteed. Further detailing his sequel concept, Scott stated that it would follow Shaw to her next destination, "because if it is paradise, paradise can not be what you think it is. Paradise has a connotation of being extremely sinister and ominous." Lindelof cast doubt on his participation stating "if wants me to be involved in something, that would be hard to say no to. At the same time, I do feel like might benefit from a fresh voice or a fresh take or a fresh thought."

Photobucket
Message 4 of 31 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Jun 16, 2012

I thought it was great! felt it had some classic sci-fi elements to it and i've never seen any of the "Alien" movies lol didnt even know it had anything to do with them til the end. some parts of it had a 2001 a space oddyssey vibe i felt

"do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"

Get your Portable ID!
Message 5 of 31 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Jun 17, 2012

I saw it the other night at the last minute with a friend. It had great special effects, and a decent story plot. If you've watched other 'Alien' movies before then you can relate a lot of the scenes or concepts to other big (older) blockbusters from the past. Would I see it again in the theater? No... But I would watch it again if someone else rented it for me when it comes out later on. If they do a sequel, I'm wondering how many main characters will be in it...

YB

Message 6 of 31 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3220 posts

Jun 17, 2012

This was a good movie and even thou I was not compleatly sure that it was tied into the Aliens movies until the end but there was a few hints during the movie.

Message 7 of 31 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Jun 17, 2012

It had great moments, but it was a very confusing movie. Wonder how the incredibly smart and seemingly super disciplined iron lady could do something so dumb towards the end (go perpendicular!).

Message 8 of 31 (49 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 17, 2012

The way I see it that black goo viral weapon mutates depending on its host, because the larva stage didn't really resemble the classic Alien facehugger at all. In Promethus it was more like an Octopus (I thought it was surprising it grew so huge at the end of the movie).

Anyway at the end, since the host was humanoid the resulting Alien had a humanoid shape. Just like in Alien Vs. Predator Requiem that Alien(s) featured was a hybrid between the Alien and the Predator.

Message 9 of 31 (49 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 17, 2012

One thing I don't understand is why someone felt the need to intentionally infect a crew member with that goo. I can understand if it was accidental, but to do it on purpose just seems counterproductive to what everyone's agenda was on that ship...

Message 10 of 31 (49 Views)
0 Likes