Aug 23 2012
By: Audio_High Splicer 44 posts

Problem with spam & reactions.

10 replies 118 views Edited Aug 23, 2012

Hello every one!, have any of you gotten a message from maybe a friend or some one you don't know? And it read something like

"Playstation network is giving away free redeem codes! All you have to do is copy this and send it to all you're friend and then a notice will pop up! Believe me this actually works!"

Or how about

"Playstation network is disabling account's to those users that have not been online for more then a month if you don't send this message to all your friends and show that your account is still active it will be deactivated."

This one is my favorite cause I know it's not real.

"PSN is giving away Call Of Duty map pack's free! And if you send this message to all your friends you will be hacked to 10th prestige on Modern Warfare 2 and you will be 15th on Black ops trust me this works!

Have any of you gotten those messages or something close to them?, If so what was your reaction to it and what did you do?

Message 1 of 11 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9153 posts

Re: Problem with spam & reactions.

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

Yes, I've received one of those a long time ago. I deleted the message and continued my daily life normally. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 2 of 11 (116 Views)
Wastelander
642 posts

Aug 23, 2012

The first time I recieved one I honestly thought it was legit. I tried it and to my surprise, it didn't work.

Later on I asked one of my more experienced friends about it. He told me it was fake of course. And from then on, I ignored messages such as those.

The end.

<3

I'm So Happy, Cuz Today I Found My Friends, They're In My Head

-Lithium - Nirvana
Message 3 of 11 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Aug 23, 2012
I've received one where it's say it's my birthday and a PSN Codes,and ask me to send it to my friends. Strange thing is that the PSN Codes WORK, but I didn't even bother to use it, as I know there is no such thing is free
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Tribute-to-Neil-Armstrong-Greatest-Man-Alive/m-p/38079055/message-uid/38079055#U38079055 Pay your respect Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
642 posts

Aug 23, 2012

USPGCWeekly wrote:
I've received one where it's say it's my birthday and a PSN Codes,and ask me to send it to my friends. Strange thing is that the PSN Codes WORK, but I didn't even bother to use it, as I know there is no such thing is free

If you didn't bother to use it, then how did you know it worked?

-Lithium - Nirvana
Message 5 of 11 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Aug 23, 2012
Ugh it's say that this Code is redeemable Smiley Happy do you want to add 50$ to your wallet?
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Tribute-to-Neil-Armstrong-Greatest-Man-Alive/m-p/38079055/message-uid/38079055#U38079055 Pay your respect Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 11 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
642 posts

Aug 23, 2012

USPGCWeekly wrote:
Ugh it's say that this Code is redeemable Smiley Happy do you want to add 50$ to your wallet?

Well, it couldn't hurt.

>.>

-Lithium - Nirvana
Message 7 of 11 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Aug 23, 2012

I'll NEVER understand people who fall for these things. WHO THE **bleep** WOULD GIVE AWAY FREE MONEY LIKE THAT??

I bet you're also dissappointed that all those iPads you won didn't come in the mail...

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 8 of 11 (74 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 24, 2012

fadi002 wrote:

I'll NEVER understand people who fall for these things. WHO THE **bleep** WOULD GIVE AWAY FREE MONEY LIKE THAT??

I bet you're also dissappointed that all those iPads you won didn't come in the mail...

But....but I was the site's 1,000,000th visitor! 

Smiley Sad

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 9 of 11 (59 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Aug 25, 2012
Last time I check it said I just won 1 million dollar lottery Smiley Happy Yet I didn't even know what a lottery is my whole life until recent;y/ The other time, it ask me to click on the red button, which take me to a site where there is this picture of an elephant with 4 legs, and they ask me how many legs it has, a correct answer give me an Iphone. Another time when I was surfing the web, another one pop up and ask me to sign up a one year contract of Car Insurance, in return, i get a 20$ Coupon to Starbuck. LOL
Message 10 of 11 (43 Views)
0 Likes