Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Re: Portable consoles no longer get the respect they use to.

Oct 7, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

xymox333 wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Are you talking about handheld consoles in general or just PS Vita? 

In general, but the ps vita suffers from this the most. 

The way I see it, portable consoles are more casual option to home consoles. You aren't going to see big games like The Last of Us or GTA V on a handheld. Instead you get different kind of games targeted for a different audience. Doesn't mean handhelds didn't get good games. They do, and that's why I'm planning on buying a 3(2)DS. 

That's the point, we shouldn't need games like The last of us and grand theft auto Five. We should have are own big system seller games.

But devs never put any effort into big handheld titles. They think portable games need to be bite-sized and "On the go".

Just because I buy a portable does not mean I wanna be robbed of a full Gaming experience.  

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4317 posts

Oct 7, 2013

xymox333 wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

xymox333 wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

The way I see it, portable consoles are more casual option to home consoles. You aren't going to see big games like The Last of Us or GTA V on a handheld. Instead you get different kind of games targeted for a different audience. Doesn't mean handhelds didn't get good games. They do, and that's why I'm planning on buying a 3(2)DS. 

That's the point, we shouldn't need games like The last of us and grand theft auto Five. We should have are own big system seller games.

But devs never put any effort into big handheld titles. They think portable games need to be bite-sized and "On the go".

Just because I buy a portable does not mean I wanna be robbed of a full Gaming experience.  

Actually what the 3DS and Vita both need are AAA new IP's that remain exclusive to the portable systems. Gamers would want to play the games so they'll decide to buy those consoles and sales will go much higher.

photo 9f9dd9d6-dc8b-4192-83a5-ce7fd0f07b6b_zps6ecb0c09.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
724 posts

Oct 7, 2013

xymox333 wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

xymox333 wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Just because I buy a portable does not mean I wanna be robbed of a full Gaming e9xperience.  

Well...you can complain all you want...and I don't mean to squash your rant but, at the end of the day..it is what it is. Portable systems aren't as popular with "hardcore gamers". Its hard to get 1 AAA game to sell a console by itself so I imagine that its.next to impossible to do that with a handheld. If devs aren't making big handheld titles its because THEY KNOW that the cost of production compared to the return they will see is risky at best. No matter how much you think they will sell it is obvious to the people that crunch the.numbers. Its a cutthroat biz and devs are not gonna risk posting losses just so you can have you big title handheld exclusives. sorry guy :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
622 posts

Oct 7, 2013

I have a 3DS and I love it, it is exactly what it needs to be. Gaming on the go. I'm not one to play my portable at home unless Im laying in bed or something.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Oct 7, 2013
Vita suffers from it the most?

Persona 4 Golden. That's all I need to say.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Oct 7, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:

xymox333 wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

xymox333 wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Just because I buy a portable does not mean I wanna be robbed of a full Gaming e9xperience.  

Well...you can complain all you want...and I don't mean to squash your rant but, at the end of the day..it is what it is. Portable systems aren't as popular with "hardcore gamers". Its hard to get 1 AAA game to sell a console by itself so I imagine that its.next to impossible to do that with a handheld. If devs aren't making big handheld titles its because THEY KNOW that the cost of production compared to the return they will see is risky at best. No matter how much you think they will sell it is obvious to the people that crunch the.numbers. Its a cutthroat biz and devs are not gonna risk posting losses just so you can have you big title handheld exclusives. sorry guy :smileysad:

So (a 3ds exclusive) Mario 3d land just didn't move any units huh? I mean 8.29 million copies is just nothing right?

Mario kart 7 (a main-entry tilte and 3ds exclusive) just floped only selling 8 million copies, Halo 3 (exlusive title) on the xbox 360 sold 8.1 million copies, so that's a loss for devs going by your logic.

And Uncharted Golden Abyss (ps vita exclusive) was just a waste only selling 1.1 million copies. But Uncharted 3 (ps3 exclusive with a much larger install base) was completely successful selling 3.8 million copies right?

You see the problem here.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (47 Views)
0 Likes