Reply
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 10, 2013

What manner of monster is this?

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 71 of 119 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/29/2010
Online
4905 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Okay, let me just stop you there. 

...it was (honestly) so ammiturish that I don't think it had any credibility to begin with.


Well, if we're making claims based on inferred credibility based on context, allow me to point out your glaring spelling error.

 

A professional debater can probably spell (or at least used the spell check feature).  So, you're an amateur, too.  In fact, so am I.  

 

I've known plenty of people Bob's age that can reason circles around people twice their age, so, that alone doesn't give you the ground to undermine his logic, no matter how much you toss the word "maturity" into whatever point you're trying to make.

 

Sorry.  For me, that doesn't hold water at all.


Oops. I forgot to use spell check. We all know that the legitimacy of a viewpoint is determined by the person's ability to use spell check. You didn't even try to understand why I brought up his age so I'm not gonna explain it again simply because your reading comprehension is poor. My post is still there in case you wanna try again.


I read your post, and I even reread it.  Your entire reasoning seems to circle around viewing his logic as immature, due partially to his life experience. I saw absolutely no attempt to refute his logic beyond poking at his age and what you felt was a display of emotional immaturity.

 

That's not a debate.  That's the refuge of someone who can't reason their way through a thought-out rebuttal.

 

Now, you're claiming my reading comprehension is poor because I called you out on your spelling. Nice

 

Good to know that I got your attention.  Ta.


Which "logic" are you even referring to? What statement are you talking about that I (allegedly) sidestepped and was quivering in fear so greatly that all I could do was say "you're a sillyhead baby"? You aren't even making any sense.

 

Note: I used spell check this time. See how intelligent I am?

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 72 of 119 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 10, 2013

I'd love to participate, but Im gunna need the abridged version of what's going on

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 73 of 119 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 10, 2013
I see a topic that will eventually run its course Lol
Message 74 of 119 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5477 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 10, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

Which "logic" are you even referring to? What statement are you talking about that I (allegedly) sidestepped and was quivering in fear so greatly that all I could do was say "you're a sillyhead baby"? You aren't even making any sense.

 

Note: I used spell check this time. See how intelligent I am.


You never disputed any on-topic point he made, you only disputed his credibility.

 

Note:  I don't really care.  You missed why I brought that up.  I like the red, though.  Nice touch. Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 75 of 119 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/29/2010
Online
4905 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 10, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I'd love to participate, but Im gunna need the abridged version of what's going on


It's a bunch of drama by people with too much time on their hands. I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm getting trolled.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 76 of 119 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/08/2009
Offline
4918 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 10, 2013

KIoey_2 wrote:

taker-77 wrote:
Having at least one more strong party would, in my opinion, help our political system by breaking up the two party stalemate

Except we already have a party designated for breaking deadlocks.

 

The real problem is voters are misinformed. A third party doesn't help. It's like the gun debate laws that happened last year - nothing will come of it if they don't make change to what is already there. As a good friend of mine told me, "You don't fix **bleep** by putting more **bleep** on it."


I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the American Independent Party. They hold no seats in the Congress and their last Presidential candidate finished with 40,628 votes, coming in behind almost every other third party candidate. To me, that doesn't seem to qualify as a "party designated for breaking deadlocks".

 

I agree that misinformed voters are a big problem, but I believe you are too casually dismissing the potential benefits of a strong third party.

Message 77 of 119 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/10/2013
Offline
9 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 10, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

What manner of monster is this?


Some call it...politics...

 

I call it the grounds for misinformed people to regurgitate information. Hopefully the thread closes soon.

Message 78 of 119 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14612 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 10, 2013

KIoey_2 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:
He went after ME saying someone in high school knows nothing. If we want to use credentials, let me see your doctorate in ethics or philosophy. I would love to hear how correct a statement is from another voice.

No, he went after the thoughts that you know what you're talking about. How do you logically debate that 2+2=1? Oh, it doesn't? Prove it. You can't break everything down. Also, credentials mean nothing - I've got a Bachelor's in Business Administration and I've made better calls on Philosophy than many of the people who "study" it for a living. Real life experience just trumps scholarly appreciation, I'm sorry if this has to be the wake up call for that fact of life - but it's just true. Even someone who simply holds a job at UPS for 15 years has a better idea of how the world works than someone who simply reads about it.

 

The notion that it's a direct attack against you and not the repertoire of what high school has bred is just wrong, sorry to be the harbinger for this information.


So he is discrediting my point by going after what high school teaches? You seem to think high school teaches this kind of stuff. High school teaches basics and gives you what you need to pick a major in college. I have not come to my conclusions through high school learning and lectures if that is what you imply. My "immaturity" is not going to make my points invalid. 

 

You mention 2+2=1 being an example of what I have proposed. It is easy to disprove 2+2=1. And I think I will latch onto your analogy.

 

His argument (and yours, apparently) is that the plus sign in 2+2=4 is not the right size, so therefore the equation is wrong. 

 

And you just lost the debate here: You say my high school education makes me a poor voice on the subject, but then tout your own achievments over philosophers regardless them having years of education and you having none in that field. 

 

Kind of hypocritical, dontcha think?


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 79 of 119 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/29/2010
Online
4905 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Which "logic" are you even referring to? What statement are you talking about that I (allegedly) sidestepped and was quivering in fear so greatly that all I could do was say "you're a sillyhead baby"? You aren't even making any sense.

 

Note: I used spell check this time. See how intelligent I am.


You never disputed any on-topic point he made, you only disputed his credibility.

 

Note:  I don't really care.  You missed why I brought that up.  I like the red, though.  Nice touch. Smiley Happy


Ok, I honestly I think you're confused. I was referring to a brief exchange that me and Bob had yesterday and I addressed every one of his points yesterday. I only started talking about this again because Bob was trying to retell what I said yesterday and he was putting his own slant on it. I had thought yesterday's discussion between us was done.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 80 of 119 (59 Views)
0 Likes