Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/08/2013
Offline
3578 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 11, 2013

KIoey_2 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

I should say I am wrong because you think I am wrong? What laws of logic have you learned? 

 

I never said that relativity is undisputed. I said it ended classical physics because it introduced concepts that are still held true.

 

And to say that there is no order in the universe because we do not know it all yet is just plain wrong. There are laws in the universe. Are you going to say gravity does not exist because other sciences have become obsolete when faced with newer discoveries? The reason science is not 100% proven is because we do not know 100% of the universe. But we do know many things of it. The fact it is governed by certain laws and constants is undisputed and has all the evidence backing it. 

 

Saying that the universe is not logical because we do not understand everything simply gives to much relevence to our species.


And you have once again proven that you are too stupid to have this discussion with. I thought of all the things I could say, and I'm not going to bother. So I'll keep it simple - learn quantum mechanics before you purport the lessons of quantum physics.


Then explain quantum mechanics to us, pal.

Message 91 of 119 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/11/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 11, 2013

bob-maul wrote:
You are not good at this debate thing. Typically it goes like this: 

 

I give a point. Then you refute it along with maybe throwing a point in there. I refute those. And you refute that. 

 

^This is a debate. 

 

But this is how it is going:

 

I give a point. You call it stupid and call me immature. I question this and clarify my point for you. You call me stupid again without addressing the point. I refute a point made by you. You call me stupid and say I cannot comprehend quantum mechanics without giving any verification on where I fall flat. 

 

Just to show how little you actually know on this subject, I am going to blow your mind away. Here is your quote:

 

"So I'll keep it simple - learn quantum mechanics before you purport the lessons of quantum physics."

 

You tell me to learn quantum mechanics before trying to give lessons on quantum physics. You do realize that quantum physics and quantum mechanics are the EXACT SAME THING. They are synonyms for the same field of study.


There is no point to refute if you have none.

 

QM and QP are not the same field of study. QM deals with quantum at the microscopic scale, QP tends to deal with the end product of QM with a relativistic field of study - with a generous assumption that particles are consistent throughout time and space. One essentially looks at the small while the other looks at the large. Don't assume that just because the steps of causality are unspoken that it's a wrong statement.

 

This conversation is over. You're running circles without making a point and then disregarding anyone who rejects that point because the initial point was meaningless. 

 

You did it with the claims against your initial argument against semajmarc, and you're now using the same tactic with me.

 

If you want to take a step forward in discussions, I'd consider not cowarding behind a veil of "this isn't a debate" simply because you bring no points to the table of debate but rather twist words to your benefit of logical fallacy. I can't make something out of nothing, and instead of offering any actual knowledge you have proved, time and time again, that you will ignore blatant facts of life if they do not agree with your textbook perfection (despite that being a flaw in of itself).

 


lauranichole25 wrote:
bob_maul vs Kloey....bob_maul wins. flawless victory...FATALITY! Lol. from here on out you shall be known as Dr. Kloey lucasian professor of mathematics Smiley Happy

This would only be remotely true if his point was revolving on some circular reasoning that what we know now must be true because as far as we know it is true now.

 

The conversation is over, you have nothing of importance to say. Every time you reply to someone it is filled with a manipulated understanding of context so you can, essentially, prove that something is wrong via the absence of it's presence.

Message 92 of 119 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5477 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 11, 2013

Kloey420 wrote:

lauranichole25 wrote:
bob_maul vs Kloey....bob_maul wins. flawless victory...FATALITY! Lol. from here on out you shall be known as Dr. Kloey lucasian professor of mathematics Smiley Happy

This would only be remotely true if his point was revolving on some circular reasoning that what we know now must be true because as far as we know it is true now.

 

The conversation is over, you have nothing of importance to say. Every time you reply to someone it is filled with a manipulated understanding of context so you can, essentially, prove that something is wrong via the absence of it's presence.


No, I'm fairly certain the conversation is over because your PSN ID keeps changing.  Just a theory, nothing more.  Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 93 of 119 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 11, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:
bob_maul vs Kloey....bob_maul wins. flawless victory...FATALITY! Lol. from here on out you shall be known as Dr. Kloey lucasian professor of mathematics Smiley Happy

But I liked the:

semajmarc87 wrote: "you're a sillyhead baby" bit. and Setzaroth trying to make heads or tails out of the whole thing Smiley Happy

 

This is a wonderful and most entertaining exchange and I must say I score it differently lauranichole25. I will give bob some credit for the whole "but I'm on the debate team with older kids and stuff..." defense. That part made me smile.

Message 94 of 119 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2009
Offline
809 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 11, 2013

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
The people elected Democratic, liberal leadership and the people elected to shut themselves up and destroy free speech...

Truth

People vote conservative (not necessarily Republican) as they get older because they realize that extreme liberalism is what tramples thier freedom...

Intelligent people realize that neither fully conservative or fully liberal will solve anything.

 

We need more than two options. period.


This. No wonder why the UK is better off. Apart from Labour, Conservatives and Liberal Democrats, there's also the BNP, UKIP and Green Party to name a few.


Europe is in more deep **bleep** than America. The EU is falling apart, basically the only thing holding the EU together is Germany.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 95 of 119 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14647 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 11, 2013

myalana wrote:

lauranichole25 wrote:
bob_maul vs Kloey....bob_maul wins. flawless victory...FATALITY! Lol. from here on out you shall be known as Dr. Kloey lucasian professor of mathematics Smiley Happy

But I liked the:

semajmarc87 wrote: "you're a sillyhead baby" bit. and Setzaroth trying to make heads or tails out of the whole thing Smiley Happy

 

This is a wonderful and most entertaining exchange and I must say I score it differently lauranichole25. I will give bob some credit for the whole "but I'm on the debate team with older kids and stuff..." defense. That part made me smile.


Was this sarcasm? A competitive debate team where I am the youngest member by more than a couple years. I was simply showing that my age is nothing to downplay.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 96 of 119 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 11, 2013

Life experience is also nothing to scoff at.

Message 97 of 119 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14647 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 11, 2013

I am just going to end Kloye's entire point.

 

He believes that the universe is not run by laws or anything which goes against all modern science regarding constants and laws that our universe follows. The atomic weak force. The cosmological constant. There are more than two dozen constants that govern our universe and its inner workings. 

 

You say say the gap in knowledge proves all of modern science wrong. Since Newton's ideas were later expanded upon and fixed, somehow that discredits all modern science because there is still more to find. This is just ignorance! 

 

Your argument is irrefutable because time is a potential infinite that keeps ticking. No matter where you are in time, there is always going to be another second. that is another second to possibly discover new science (regardless of how irrelevent the science may be), therefore anything science finds is just guesswork and cannot be supported. That is just wrong!

 

You say you will not continue the argument, but you just talk of how stupid I am. The only point I made for this string of the argument is that our universe has laws and other things that govern it. I said there are. You say that those might be disproved later. 

 

For a hypothesis to be a hypothesis, it must have some way to be refuted. But yours cannot be refuted with any evidence because you can just say "the future will disprove it". 


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 98 of 119 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/08/2013
Offline
819 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 11, 2013

myalana wrote:

lauranichole25 wrote:
bob_maul vs Kloey....bob_maul wins. flawless victory...FATALITY! Lol. from here on out you shall be known as Dr. Kloey lucasian professor of mathematics Smiley Happy

But I liked the:

semajmarc87 wrote: "you're a sillyhead baby" bit. and Setzaroth trying to make heads or tails out of the whole thing Smiley Happy

 

This is a wonderful and most entertaining exchange and I must say I score it differently lauranichole25. I will give bob some credit for the whole "but I'm on the debate team with older kids and stuff..." defense. That part made me smile.


 

All of Kloeys credibility went out the door when they said that basically they're a human resources manager but (oh by the way I think Im smarter than other people who are educated in another field) This means either a.) They have been painted into a corner and are now grandstanding with nonsense (quantum physics) or b.) That they truly believe that they are that clever and are a sociopath.
Message 99 of 119 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14647 posts
 

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

myalana wrote:

Life experience is also nothing to scoff at.


I never scoffed at life experience. Life experience is not tied to arguments or their validity. It may be tied to how you came to certain conclusions, but it is not part of the arguments themselves. 

 

I may, after 50 years, come to the conclusion that World War 2 never happened and was just a Zionist plot to take Palestine, but my life experience would not somehow discredit the refutations of a 12 year old who brings up the body count, eye witnesses, and other proof.

 

I feel you are taking aim at Setz and me for no reason. I am assuming it is tied to that one Home discussion. I hold nothing against you and I never retreated to insults in that discussion. Do not hold it against me.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 100 of 119 (64 Views)