Oct 09 2013
By: epicbrutal Wastelander 841 posts

Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

118 replies 284 views Edited Oct 9, 2013

So these days, things change in pop culture because there's that one person/group who get easily offended by something small and insipid.  This is known as political correctness.  Conservatives are against political correctness while liberals are for political correctness.  Examples include: people protesting and boycotting Chick-Fil-A because of the company's stance against gay rights, Derpy Hooves being edited in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic because people viewed her as an insult on the disabled, or the pursuit to change the name and image of the Washington Redskins because it's offensive to Native American tribes.  What are your thoughts on this?  I don't want to see something quick like, "oh it's stupid because liberals are **bleep**."  Despite being a liberal Democrat, I'm actually against political correctness.  Now, keep it civil guys. 

Message 1 of 119 (284 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7830 posts

Re: Political Correctness - Do We Have A Right to be Offended?

Oct 9, 2013
The people elected Democratic, liberal leadership and the people elected to shut themselves up and destroy free speech...

Truth

People vote conservative (not necessarily Republican) as they get older because they realize that extreme liberalism is what tramples thier freedom...
Hey That Chris signature
Message 2 of 119 (275 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Oct 9, 2013

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
The people elected Democratic, liberal leadership and the people elected to shut themselves up and destroy free speech...

Truth

People vote conservative (not necessarily Republican) as they get older because they realize that extreme liberalism is what tramples thier freedom...

Intelligent people realize that neither fully conservative or fully liberal will solve anything.

We need more than two options. period.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 3 of 119 (266 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Oct 9, 2013

I pity those people who get offended at every single thing, especially those who can't take a joke at all on the internet.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 4 of 119 (257 Views)
Wastelander
666 posts

Oct 9, 2013
I am very liberal but certain conservative views make more sense to me. I, for one, am completely against this thin skinned PC garbage. I especially hate when things said by a comedian or in the context of a joke get people wound up. Get over it people.
Message 5 of 119 (252 Views)
Survivor
2111 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:

Truth

Intelligent people realize that neither fully conservative or fully liberal will solve anything.

We need more than two options. period.

This. No wonder why the UK is better off. Apart from Labour, Conservatives and Liberal Democrats, there's also the BNP, UKIP and Green Party to name a few.

Message 6 of 119 (246 Views)
Wastelander
841 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:
I am very liberal but certain conservative views make more sense to me. I, for one, am completely against this thin skinned PC garbage. I especially hate when things said by a comedian or in the context of a joke get people wound up. Get over it people.

Amen. 

Message 7 of 119 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Oct 9, 2013

epicbrutal wrote:

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

Amen. 

Religion has no place in politics.

Message 8 of 119 (235 Views)
Wastelander
841 posts

Oct 9, 2013

johngie wrote:

epicbrutal wrote:

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

Amen. 

So I guess I should have said this instead of amen?

Message 9 of 119 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Oct 9, 2013

epicbrutal wrote:

johngie wrote:

epicbrutal wrote:

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

Amen. 

So I guess I should have said this instead of amen?

Jokes: they're not just for Playstation General anymore.. Smiley Wink

Grindhead_Jim

Message 10 of 119 (225 Views)
0 Likes