Wastelander
963 posts

Re: Police Radar Detectors

Mar 30, 2007
I have one and I stopped using it after being busted for 22 over WHILE using it. They only work if there are several cars, if they're not using laser, and if you can slow down fast enough. If you hear your K or KA band going off that means the radio waves have hit your vehicle, which means they have been reflected back to the gun. Now its just a matter of the cop picking out the speeder if there are multiple cars in a close range, or, if its only you, getting a ticket (what happened to me). If they use laser you're screwed either way, I think the only reason they sell laser detectors is to make a quick buck. If a cop uses a laser gun on you he has to aim it directly at you, which means he knows how fast you're going, he shoots you with the laser, your detector goes off, you slow down. By this time you're getting the blue light special. I've noticed the only thing mine did for me is to give me added confidence to go faster, sure, I thought it may have saved me a few times, but then I read about how they work and decided it was a waste of money, I just drive the speed limit now. All there is to remember when buying a detector is if it knows the cop is scanning, he knows how fast you're going...now, scramblers are a different story....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 31 of 44 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2409 posts

Mar 30, 2007

GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:

--(Foxtrot)-- wrote:

GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:

westies wrote:
I have a Vector 995 and it's great. It got me from Atlanta to San Diego no problem. It reallys gets them from far off to. LINKY

Damn for the price of that radar detector i could pay 3-4 speeding tickets. The whole point of it is to save money from tickets yet people spend $300 on them to save money..

What the hell?

Your speeding tickets are less than $75/piece.

You are one lucky **bleep** because speeding tickets here in MA are more than a radar detector. (Generally $300 )

So you pay $300 for speeding tickets huh? How fast do you have to go to make it so high? If you have a $300 speeding ticket then your probably a dumbass and went triple the speed limit. And in that case you deserve to be pulled over if not arrested. Over here it costs 70-90 if you go 15-20 over. some cops if they are nice make it cheaper

TRIPPLE THE LIMIT!!!!! Are you kidding? Thats 105 in a 35, 80 in a 35 would put you in jail!!! Double the limit and he would wait for back-up since you are obviously some kind of crazy person on the run from something and I would be worried about getting shot when they did pull me over...

Then when you hit speeds like that they go into the thousands because they ad reckless driving etc. If you are under about 100 and there is another car within a hour or two he will probably as exhibition of speed and driving as if engaged in a speed contest. I know someone who peeled out around a corner with someone behind him and they accused him of racing, it was a multi hundred dollar ticket.

Also how does the cop make it cheaper? The amount isn't on the ticket, it comes in the mail later. He also doesn't have the authority to accept pleas, that would be your prosecutor when you get to court, about a month or a month and a half later.

Rip StuTDavis
Problem solved, and thanks to xbasicbadradiox for offering to help...
You know you want to click this... Smiley Happy
Message 32 of 44 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
963 posts

Mar 30, 2007

Buff_bannana049 wrote:

TRIPPLE THE LIMIT!!!!! Are you kidding? Thats 105 in a 35, 80 in a 35 would put you in jail!!! Double the limit and he would wait for back-up since you are obviously some kind of crazy person on the run from something and I would be worried about getting shot when they did pull me over...

Then when you hit speeds like that they go into the thousands because they ad reckless driving etc. If you are under about 100 and there is another car within a hour or two he will probably as exhibition of speed and driving as if engaged in a speed contest. I know someone who peeled out around a corner with someone behind him and they accused him of racing, it was a multi hundred dollar ticket.

Also how does the cop make it cheaper? The amount isn't on the ticket, it comes in the mail later. He also doesn't have the authority to accept pleas, that would be your prosecutor when you get to court, about a month or a month and a half later.

umm...no...I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about...I had a friend that ran from 2, whilst doing 146 in a 55 (leaving them), with alcohol in the car, when he was 19...he spent 1 night in jail and got no tickets, he was put on probation for 2ish years...the amount IS on the ticket...and yes...you can beg to the cops and sometimes get a warning haha
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 33 of 44 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12093 posts

Mar 30, 2007
I have one but don't know the type!Smiley Sad
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Message 34 of 44 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8621 posts

Mar 30, 2007

GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:

--(Foxtrot)-- wrote:

GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:

westies wrote:
I have a Vector 995 and it's great. It got me from Atlanta to San Diego no problem. It reallys gets them from far off to. LINKY

Damn for the price of that radar detector i could pay 3-4 speeding tickets. The whole point of it is to save money from tickets yet people spend $300 on them to save money..

What the hell?

You are one lucky **bleep** because speeding tickets here in MA are more than a radar detector. (Generally $300 )

So you pay $300 for speeding tickets huh? How fast do you have to go to make it so high? If you have a $300 speeding ticket then your probably a dumbass and went triple the speed limit. And in that case you deserve to be pulled over if not arrested. Over here it costs 70-90 if you go 15-20 over. some cops if they are nice make it cheaper

I have never gotten a speeding ticket. Also, doubling the speed limit carries charges of reckless driving, driving to endanger, court hearings, and possible loss of license, so I don't know where you get these triple the speed limit thoughts.. A friend of mine was fined $295.00 for going 46MPH in a 25MPH zone.

Also, cops don't necessarily make it cheaper, they just mark you at a lower speed (or give you a verbal/written warning)

Message Edited by --(Foxtrot)-- on 03-30-2007 04:09 AM
Message 35 of 44 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1714 posts

Mar 30, 2007
Just from reading that article you can probably clearly see that begging them doesn't help... I guess they haven't met their quota this month lol
------------------------------------------------------

Gamer Advisory Panel
PS3 ID: Ramphex

Hard-Drive Upgrade Guide *3/10/08*
Message 36 of 44 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5780 posts

Mar 30, 2007

PSP maniac44 wrote:
DONT SPEED SIMPLE AS THAT

now who would want to do that lol
Firefighter Banner
Crying Habañero-The funniest thing you'll ever see.
Message 37 of 44 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1714 posts

Mar 30, 2007

JB460 wrote:

PSP maniac44 wrote:
DONT SPEED SIMPLE AS THAT

now who would want to do that lol

word and he calls himself a maniac
------------------------------------------------------

Gamer Advisory Panel
PS3 ID: Ramphex

Hard-Drive Upgrade Guide *3/10/08*
Message 38 of 44 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4112 posts

Mar 30, 2007

OPTIONstreamZ wrote:
I have one and I stopped using it after being busted for 22 over WHILE using it. They only work if there are several cars, if they're not using laser, and if you can slow down fast enough. If you hear your K or KA band going off that means the radio waves have hit your vehicle, which means they have been reflected back to the gun. Now its just a matter of the cop picking out the speeder if there are multiple cars in a close range, or, if its only you, getting a ticket (what happened to me). If they use laser you're screwed either way, I think the only reason they sell laser detectors is to make a quick buck. If a cop uses a laser gun on you he has to aim it directly at you, which means he knows how fast you're going, he shoots you with the laser, your detector goes off, you slow down. By this time you're getting the blue light special. I've noticed the only thing mine did for me is to give me added confidence to go faster, sure, I thought it may have saved me a few times, but then I read about how they work and decided it was a waste of money, I just drive the speed limit now. All there is to remember when buying a detector is if it knows the cop is scanning, he knows how fast you're going...now, scramblers are a different story....

thats like what i have been saying, but in more detail.
Message 39 of 44 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1486 posts

Mar 30, 2007

Buff_bannana049 wrote:

GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:

--(Foxtrot)-- wrote:

GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:

westies wrote:

What the hell?

Like i said. You would get arrested for going those speeds and get those kinds of tickets. But you wont get a $300 ticket for going only 15-20 over. The point im trying to get across is you only get those kinds of tickets if your actually doing something very stupid like burnouts and going 90 in a 45.

Message 40 of 44 (1 View)
0 Likes