Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/14/2003
Offline
8621 posts
 

Re: Police Radar Detectors

Mar 30, 2007


GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:


Buff_bannana049 wrote:


GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:


--(Foxtrot)-- wrote:


GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:


westies wrote:
I have a Vector 995 and it's great. It got me from Atlanta to San Diego no problem. It reallys gets them from far off to. LINKY


Damn for the price of that radar detector i could pay 3-4 speeding tickets. The whole point of it is to save money from tickets yet people spend $300 on them to save money..



What the hell?

Your speeding tickets are less than $75/piece.

You are one lucky **bleep** because speeding tickets here in MA are more than a radar detector. (Generally $300 )

So you pay $300 for speeding tickets huh? How fast do you have to go to make it so high? If you have a $300 speeding ticket then your probably a dumbass and went triple the speed limit. And in that case you deserve to be pulled over if not arrested. Over here it costs 70-90 if you go 15-20 over. some cops if they are nice make it cheaper


TRIPPLE THE LIMIT!!!!! Are you kidding? Thats 105 in a 35, 80 in a 35 would put you in jail!!! Double the limit and he would wait for back-up since you are obviously some kind of crazy person on the run from something and I would be worried about getting shot when they did pull me over...

Then when you hit speeds like that they go into the thousands because they ad reckless driving etc. If you are under about 100 and there is another car within a hour or two he will probably as exhibition of speed and driving as if engaged in a speed contest. I know someone who peeled out around a corner with someone behind him and they accused him of racing, it was a multi hundred dollar ticket.

Also how does the cop make it cheaper? The amount isn't on the ticket, it comes in the mail later. He also doesn't have the authority to accept pleas, that would be your prosecutor when you get to court, about a month or a month and a half later.


But you wont get a $300 ticket for going only 15-20 over.



46 in a 25 = $295 so you are wrong!
Message 41 of 44 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/26/2004
Offline
1486 posts
 

Re: Police Radar Detectors

Mar 30, 2007


--(Foxtrot)-- wrote:


GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:


Buff_bannana049 wrote:


GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:


--(Foxtrot)-- wrote:


GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:


westies wrote:
I have a Vector 995 and it's great. It got me from Atlanta to San Diego no problem. It reallys gets them from far off to. LINKY


Damn for the price of that radar detector i could pay 3-4 speeding tickets. The whole point of it is to save money from tickets yet people spend $300 on them to save money..



What the hell?

Your speeding tickets are less than $75/piece.

You are one lucky **bleep** because speeding tickets here in MA are more than a radar detector. (Generally $300 )

So you pay $300 for speeding tickets huh? How fast do you have to go to make it so high? If you have a $300 speeding ticket then your probably a dumbass and went triple the speed limit. And in that case you deserve to be pulled over if not arrested. Over here it costs 70-90 if you go 15-20 over. some cops if they are nice make it cheaper


TRIPPLE THE LIMIT!!!!! Are you kidding? Thats 105 in a 35, 80 in a 35 would put you in jail!!! Double the limit and he would wait for back-up since you are obviously some kind of crazy person on the run from something and I would be worried about getting shot when they did pull me over...

Then when you hit speeds like that they go into the thousands because they ad reckless driving etc. If you are under about 100 and there is another car within a hour or two he will probably as exhibition of speed and driving as if engaged in a speed contest. I know someone who peeled out around a corner with someone behind him and they accused him of racing, it was a multi hundred dollar ticket.

Also how does the cop make it cheaper? The amount isn't on the ticket, it comes in the mail later. He also doesn't have the authority to accept pleas, that would be your prosecutor when you get to court, about a month or a month and a half later.


But you wont get a $300 ticket for going only 15-20 over.



46 in a 25 = $295 so you are wrong!

And in what state is this in? Remember that different states have different laws. I live in Chicago, my sister has gotten 2 tickets and the other one got one about a month ago. All three were about 10-25 over the speed limit and it never even hit $100. Im guessing its different with different states though.


Message 42 of 44 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/14/2003
Offline
8621 posts
 

Re: Police Radar Detectors

Mar 30, 2007


GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:


--(Foxtrot)-- wrote:


GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:


Buff_bannana049 wrote:


GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:


--(Foxtrot)-- wrote:


GTA_PlAyA_728 wrote:


westies wrote:
I have a Vector 995 and it's great. It got me from Atlanta to San Diego no problem. It reallys gets them from far off to. LINKY


Damn for the price of that radar detector i could pay 3-4 speeding tickets. The whole point of it is to save money from tickets yet people spend $300 on them to save money..



What the hell?

Your speeding tickets are less than $75/piece.

You are one lucky **bleep** because speeding tickets here in MA are more than a radar detector. (Generally $300 )

So you pay $300 for speeding tickets huh? How fast do you have to go to make it so high? If you have a $300 speeding ticket then your probably a dumbass and went triple the speed limit. And in that case you deserve to be pulled over if not arrested. Over here it costs 70-90 if you go 15-20 over. some cops if they are nice make it cheaper


TRIPPLE THE LIMIT!!!!! Are you kidding? Thats 105 in a 35, 80 in a 35 would put you in jail!!! Double the limit and he would wait for back-up since you are obviously some kind of crazy person on the run from something and I would be worried about getting shot when they did pull me over...

Then when you hit speeds like that they go into the thousands because they ad reckless driving etc. If you are under about 100 and there is another car within a hour or two he will probably as exhibition of speed and driving as if engaged in a speed contest. I know someone who peeled out around a corner with someone behind him and they accused him of racing, it was a multi hundred dollar ticket.

Also how does the cop make it cheaper? The amount isn't on the ticket, it comes in the mail later. He also doesn't have the authority to accept pleas, that would be your prosecutor when you get to court, about a month or a month and a half later.


But you wont get a $300 ticket for going only 15-20 over.



46 in a 25 = $295 so you are wrong!

And in what state is this in? Remember that different states have different laws. I live in Chicago, my sister has gotten 2 tickets and the other one got one about a month ago. All three were about 10-25 over the speed limit and it never even hit $100. Im guessing its different with different states though.



Massachusetts
Message 43 of 44 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Member
Registered:
This widget could not be displayed.
Offline
0 posts
 

Re: Police Radar Detectors

Mar 30, 2007
radar detectors are illegal here in virginia
Message 44 of 44 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes