Dec 09 2006
By: ConflagrantCrow~ Wastelander 845 posts

Please help me(calling all tech nerds)

14 replies 2 views Edited Dec 9, 2006
So tomorrow I'm purchasing SOCOM: CA however I would also like to purchase whatever I need to make my own gameplay videos. What do I exactly need to record gameplay? I have Windows Movie Maker so I'm all set with an editing program.
Message 1 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10305 posts

Re: Please help me(calling all tech nerds)

Dec 9, 2006
Well, do you have a tv hooked up to a VCR? you can make tapes like that...or you can tape it with a digital camera or something on a tripod. but there is another better way to do it but i forgot =D
Message 2 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Dec 9, 2006

swattkidd wrote:
Well, do you have a tv hooked up to a VCR? you can make tapes like that...or you can tape it with a digital camera or something on a tripod. but there is another better way to do it but i forgot =D

Message 3 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12621 posts

Dec 9, 2006

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

Video Capture cards, but you'd have to play ps2 on your monitor.
Message 4 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Dec 9, 2006
Someone already said it, I'm confirming it. You will need a PCI Video Capture Card. I have the ATI TV Wonder Card.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Dec 9, 2006

Fenderson wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

Are you sure? I think all the people that record SOCOM movies do it on their normal TVs...
Message 6 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12621 posts

Dec 9, 2006

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Fenderson wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

Are you sure? I think all the people that record SOCOM movies do it on their normal TVs...

If you want high quality videos a VC card is your best best.
Message 7 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Dec 9, 2006

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Fenderson wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

When I recorded Socom 2 gameplay, I used my TV which has a video input and output. So I was able to view the game on my TV for convienence as well as my monitor for recording.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Dec 9, 2006

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Fenderson wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

When I recorded Socom 2 gameplay, I used my TV which has a video input and output. So I was able to view the game on my TV for convienence as well as my monitor for recording.

I'm not so sure I understand you there.
Message 9 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Dec 9, 2006

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Fenderson wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

I'm not so sure I understand you there.

All I'm saying is I was able to view both on the TV and monitor since the video component cable that connected to my monitor was from my TV's video output.

I believe there is a component splitter you could probably purchase cheaply on newegg if you want to connect your TV and capture card to the PS2 at once.
Photobucket
Message 10 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes