Wastelander
845 posts

Re: Please help me(calling all tech nerds)

Dec 9, 2006

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Fenderson wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

swattkidd wrote:
Well, do you have a tv hooked up to a VCR? you can make tapes like that...or you can tape it with a digital camera or something on a tripod. but there is another better way to do it but i forgot =D

Video Capture cards, but you'd have to play ps2 on your monitor.

Are you sure? I think all the people that record SOCOM movies do it on their normal TVs...

When I recorded Socom 2 gameplay, I used my TV which has a video input and output. So I was able to view the game on my TV for convienence as well as my monitor for recording.

I'm not so sure I understand you there.

All I'm saying is I was able to view both on the TV and monitor since the video component cable that connected to my monitor was from my TV's video output.

I believe there is a component splitter you could probably purchase cheaply on newegg if you want to connect your TV and capture card to the PS2 at once.

kk, how does a capture card work? Do I have to put it inside my computer?
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Dec 9, 2006

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Fenderson wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

swattkidd wrote:
Well, do you have a tv hooked up to a VCR? you can make tapes like that...or you can tape it with a digital camera or something on a tripod. but there is another better way to do it but i forgot =D

Are you sure? I think all the people that record SOCOM movies do it on their normal TVs...

When I recorded Socom 2 gameplay, I used my TV which has a video input and output. So I was able to view the game on my TV for convienence as well as my monitor for recording.

All I'm saying is I was able to view both on the TV and monitor since the video component cable that connected to my monitor was from my TV's video output.

I believe there is a component splitter you could probably purchase cheaply on newegg if you want to connect your TV and capture card to the PS2 at once.

Yes. A PCI video capture card (VCC) will go into the PCI slot inside your computer. All you have to do is pop open the side panel unscrew a metal cover on the case, pop in the PCI card, secure the card with the screw. There will be directions that come with the VCC.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Dec 9, 2006

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Fenderson wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

Yes. A PCI video capture card (VCC) will go into the PCI slot inside your computer. All you have to do is pop open the side panel unscrew a metal cover on the case, pop in the PCI card, secure the card with the screw. There will be directions that come with the VCC.

Sweet, how much should I expect it to cost? Also what is the cable I need to connect my PC to my TV? Do I need some special program for it to transfer to my computer?
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Dec 9, 2006

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Fenderson wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

Sweet, how much should I expect it to cost? Also what is the cable I need to connect my PC to my TV? Do I need some special program for it to transfer to my computer?

Probably about $75.

TV Wonder It comes with the software you will need.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2382 posts

Dec 9, 2006
you need a PCI Video Capture card, dont get the USB ones because they have a 4 - 5 second lag on them.
In times of economic uncertainty, the world turns to Open Source

http://www.youtube.com/OprahDust
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes