Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 09/05/2012
Offline
8191 posts
 

Re: Please dont rant at me for posting this....

Sep 11, 2013

I think what we should be forgetting is the bad that happened that day, but we should all still remember what we did as a country. On a day that changed our country for ever we still came together and helped as much as we could. What that day taught us is that we will do anything for our country even though we may not agree with each other. Before I get carried on and write a book I will leave it at this.

 

We can do anything when we come together as one.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 21 of 38 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
54491 posts
 

Re: Please dont rant at me for posting this....

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2013

lonewhitewolf1 wrote:

Every 9/11 its the same thing, people doing documentaries and everything, not to be mean but it did happen over a decade ago already! i mean for the first five years, ok, but at some point we need to move on. yeah i know i am american and i need to be proud of my country, but to me, murder will always be murder. at some point we have to stop and ask if its really worth it? i mean for you who lost a loved one, would they want you dwelling on thier death? i mean really ask yourself that. most people havnt moved on, maybe its just because i dont hold people that close and the closest thing to me was an animal that died but i know he is around and i even see him somethimes.

 

just think of it like this: death is not to be feared, death is moving from one dimension to another. i dont pitty the dead, i pitty the living and everything we have to go through and everything that is in store.

 

and unlike the rest of you, i fear what if the bible is right and our time is up? i believe we were sent to create wonderful things but all we seem to do is destroy.

 

something to think about, thanks for reading and if you want to comment go ahead but no trolling and no calling me names, if you have nothing nice to say about what i posted, please just continue on. i HATE drama.


Let me try and bring some perspective to you here.    I'll tell my own personal perspective and maybe that will help you understand that why, even 12 years later, many of us still are very emotional about it.  

 

First things first, we were attacked on our homeland for the first time since December 7, 1941 when Japan bombed pearl harbor.   For those of us whom were adults at the time it was really the first time that most of us saw War on our own soil.    This in itself leaves a large impact and impression on people's psyche's.

 

Then there are those of us who lost personal friends, family, and or loved ones in the attacks.  I'm not sure if you ever lost a member of your immediate family but if you have you know how hard that type of loss is.  Now imagine someone murdered that person and the feelings you'd have towards those who murdered or helped murder them on you.

 

There are also those of us whom, in response to the attacks, stopped everything we had going for us in our lives and careers and volunteered to go and deploy to hopefully protect everyone else from another attack.   Many who went this route have been injured physically, mentally, or both from the experience.   Some of us may even have had to hold their best friend in their arms as they died from some chicken douchenheimers blowing up your humvee with remote explosive devices. 

 

I get it, you are annoyed with all the 9/11 stuff because, for you, the day really didn't have that much impact.  I understand that.  However, I feel that you should maybe take a few steps back, try standing in someone else's shoes, and realize that 9/11 isn't just about you, its about all of us who lived through it.   Some of us were older when it happened, lost a lot, and were hugely impacted by the day..while others were young and unaware of the event/shielded from it by those of us whom are older.  

 

I hope my post helps you understand why people still have a lot of emotion over the events of that day and ease these feelings you have towards those of us whom it had a huge impact on.

 

 

 

 

Message 22 of 38 (175 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/10/2012
Online
972 posts
 

Re: Please dont rant at me for posting this....

Sep 11, 2013
i am just saying people need to accept what happend. these things will always happen, no matter what country and when you live, it will happen. and honestly i have laughed at some of the pictures, i always try to make light of terrible situations and i have been harassed for it saying i have no heart. and i know its not just me but other people have to realize that there is a time to move on. its not just about them eather, we as a country need to move on and realize that we have enemies on our land and other lands. our defenses here at home are not as good as we think. honestly i think we should withdraw our troops and fix our problems here.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 23 of 38 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5476 posts
 

Re: Please dont rant at me for posting this....

Sep 11, 2013

lonewhitewolf1 wrote:
i am just saying people need to accept what happend. these things will always happen, no matter what country and when you live, it will happen. and honestly i have laughed at some of the pictures, i always try to make light of terrible situations and i have been harassed for it saying i have no heart. and i know its not just me but other people have to realize that there is a time to move on. its not just about them eather, we as a country need to move on and realize that we have enemies on our land and other lands. our defenses here at home are not as good as we think. honestly i think we should withdraw our troops and fix our problems here.

In this country's history, "moving on" from something usually means putting it in a dark corner, never to be mentioned again.  We have done that far too often.  Example: the Civil Rights movement - it's still going on, on some level.

 

I agree with this statement.

 

As for this, I think we have found the heart of the impetus for this thread. It's my guess that, somewhere along the way, someone really laid into you for a 9/11 joke you either made or shared.  

 

Now, I agree that we, as a nation, probably need to focus our energies inward and fix a bunch of domestic problems, but "moving on" from 9/11 isn't going to do that.

 

So, again, I get what you mean, and I think your heart is, overall, in the right place, but, no.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 24 of 38 (153 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/10/2012
Online
972 posts
 

Re: Please dont rant at me for posting this....

Sep 11, 2013
i got suspended from school a bit after this happend because i was talking about driver 3 (another kid and i were talking about it and how cool it would be to fly planes and crash into things and see actual damage) of course you can imagine how the teachers took it.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 25 of 38 (127 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
54491 posts
 

Re: Please dont rant at me for posting this....

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2013

lonewhitewolf1 wrote:
i am just saying people need to accept what happend. these things will always happen, no matter what country and when you live, it will happen. and honestly i have laughed at some of the pictures, i always try to make light of terrible situations and i have been harassed for it saying i have no heart. and i know its not just me but other people have to realize that there is a time to move on. its not just about them eather, we as a country need to move on and realize that we have enemies on our land and other lands. our defenses here at home are not as good as we think. honestly i think we should withdraw our troops and fix our problems here.

I'm more of a live and let live type of guy but I do see how this would have upset many people.   I'm guessing grindhead was right in his comments. 

 

 

I accepted what happened the day it did, hence my decision to move to action.   I don't really think about it or dwell on it other than on this day every year and those few nights throughout the year when I can't sleep from the memories.    I can see faces of those lost to me right now as I type this and feel sad for that loss.  

 

 

Message 26 of 38 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/30/2011
Offline
3825 posts
 

Re: Please dont rant at me for posting this....

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2013

lonewhitewolf1 wrote:
i got suspended from school a bit after this happend because i was talking about driver 3 (another kid and i were talking about it and how cool it would be to fly planes and crash into things and see actual damage) of course you can imagine how the teachers took it.

my goodness XD

 

suspended for talking about it? what a joke

 

but you know I wouldnt be talking about how cool it would be to do something like that especially on that day o_O

KZMProductionsGT
Message 27 of 38 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
38743 posts
 

Re: Please dont rant at me for posting this....

Sep 11, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

lonewhitewolf1 wrote:

Every 9/11 its the same thing, people doing documentaries and everything, not to be mean but it did happen over a decade ago already! i mean for the first five years, ok, but at some point we need to move on. yeah i know i am american and i need to be proud of my country, but to me, murder will always be murder. at some point we have to stop and ask if its really worth it? i mean for you who lost a loved one, would they want you dwelling on thier death? i mean really ask yourself that. most people havnt moved on, maybe its just because i dont hold people that close and the closest thing to me was an animal that died but i know he is around and i even see him somethimes.

 

just think of it like this: death is not to be feared, death is moving from one dimension to another. i dont pitty the dead, i pitty the living and everything we have to go through and everything that is in store.

 

and unlike the rest of you, i fear what if the bible is right and our time is up? i believe we were sent to create wonderful things but all we seem to do is destroy.

 

something to think about, thanks for reading and if you want to comment go ahead but no trolling and no calling me names, if you have nothing nice to say about what i posted, please just continue on. i HATE drama.


Let me try and bring some perspective to you here.    I'll tell my own personal perspective and maybe that will help you understand that why, even 12 years later, many of us still are very emotional about it.  

 

First things first, we were attacked on our homeland for the first time since December 7, 1941 when Japan bombed pearl harbor.   For those of us whom were adults at the time it was really the first time that most of us saw War on our own soil.    This in itself leaves a large impact and impression on people's psyche's.

 

Then there are those of us who lost personal friends, family, and or loved ones in the attacks.  I'm not sure if you ever lost a member of your immediate family but if you have you know how hard that type of loss is.  Now imagine someone murdered that person and the feelings you'd have towards those who murdered or helped murder them on you.

 

There are also those of us whom, in response to the attacks, stopped everything we had going for us in our lives and careers and volunteered to go and deploy to hopefully protect everyone else from another attack.   Many who went this route have been injured physically, mentally, or both from the experience.   Some of us may even have had to hold their best friend in their arms as they died from some chicken douchenheimers blowing up your humvee with remote explosive devices. 

 

I get it, you are annoyed with all the 9/11 stuff because, for you, the day really didn't have that much impact.  I understand that.  However, I feel that you should maybe take a few steps back, try standing in someone else's shoes, and realize that 9/11 isn't just about you, its about all of us who lived through it.   Some of us were older when it happened, lost a lot, and were hugely impacted by the day..while others were young and unaware of the event/shielded from it by those of us whom are older.  

 

I hope my post helps you understand why people still have a lot of emotion over the events of that day and ease these feelings you have towards those of us whom it had a huge impact on.

 

 

 

 


About bloody time, I was about to put my two cents into this Thread but then I got to PILGRIM's post & shouted 'HOORAY'.

 

But me being me I'm adding my own two cents anyway, ready?

 

Never forget my friends, ever, as for the documentaries, they are virtually all repeats, my wife had one on this morning, I had seen it a number of times before, those programs although very very moving & interesting some years ago now hold little interest to me personally, but if you've never seen them you should watch them, watch & learn, but I like to remember those that gave their lives in different ways.

 

I always fly the Stars & Strips from the front of our home, I always lower the flag where I work to half staff/mast, I also post a little something on my Facebook page, it is my small way of saying I will not forget what happened nor will I ever forget those that lost their lives.

 

Those of you that know me know I am originally from the UK, I have however resided in this great country of America for a number of years now & I am proud to call it my home.

 

As for the immature & tasteless posts of people like KZM, they are just that, immature & tasteless & posted for one reason & one reason alone, to get a reaction, ignore them, I beg you.

 

Some of you may know that in the UK we have a day called Remembrance Day, it always falls on 11th November, & at 11am on the 11th day of the 11th month the UK pauses for a minutes silence to remember all those that have lost their lives in whatever war it may have been, it takes nothing to take a moment put of my day to remember my own family members who so selfishly fought for Great Britain.

 

There's another Thread here by another MVP, I forget who sorry, I posted a video in it earlier, it was the video that Budweiser made to remember those that lost their lives that day, In know it's only an advert by a beer company, but before posting I watched it again, it had been some time since I last saw it, I was very moved again by it's poignancy, here it is again for those of you who would like to see it or who never saw it.

 

 

Many lives, many futures were lost on 9/11, we should never forget them.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 28 of 38 (117 Views)
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
54491 posts
 

Re: Please dont rant at me for posting this....

Sep 11, 2013
Message 29 of 38 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/10/2012
Online
972 posts
 

Re: Please dont rant at me for posting this....

Sep 11, 2013

the teachers assumed we ment flying planes into buildings. even back then i loved crashing cars into other cars and seeing how much damage they could take. and like i said, it happend after that day.

 

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 30 of 38 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes