Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Please dont rant at me for posting this....

Sep 11, 2013

Nothing I can really add to this but echo what has already been said...

Moving on and forgeting are 2 very different things. We still have pearl Harbor events and similar activities... and that happened a loooooong time ago, before anyone on this thread was born i'd imagine.

With the events of 9/11, I can still physically remember doing my usual morning rouitine of getting ready for school that day while watching the news, then watching the news at school, and getting out early... it was a really "Off" day to put it lightly.

As far as the tone, rememberances, and facebook posts regarding this day, It'll never go away.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 11 of 38 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

After all these years, and I still dont care. I see people joke about other tragedies all the time, but do so about 9/11 and it's not right.

The people who 'joke' about them have no clue of what happened during the tragedies. If they did know what happened I highly doubt they would still be telling jokes.

I am pretty sure those saying jokes know what happened. I'm just guessing that they have a dark sense of humor.

I don't see how you could joke about something on that level. Even if you had a dark mind.

My only explanation is, the internet. It takes anything and makes a joke out of it. Like the moment I heard about Sandy Hook, there were already meme's on **bleep**. 

Just because somebody is doing something does not mean you need to partake in their actions with them. You have alot to learn about the internet my friend.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 12 of 38 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Sep 11, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

After all these years, and I still dont care. I see people joke about other tragedies all the time, but do so about 9/11 and it's not right.

The people who 'joke' about them have no clue of what happened during the tragedies. If they did know what happened I highly doubt they would still be telling jokes.

I am pretty sure those saying jokes know what happened. I'm just guessing that they have a dark sense of humor.

I don't see how you could joke about something on that level. Even if you had a dark mind.

My only explanation is, the internet. It takes anything and makes a joke out of it. Like the moment I heard about Sandy Hook, there were already meme's on **bleep**. 

Just because somebody is doing something does not mean you need to partake in their actions with thim. You have alot to learn about the internet my friend.

I never said I participated. I am just saying that all the time a tragedy happens, people on the internet turn death into a comedy.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 13 of 38 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Please don't rant at me for posting this....

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2013

Well, you did just post that soccer GIF.

Anyway, KZM has a point... A lot of people on the internet seem to have no soul or regard for the feelings of others, with the lone justification of anonymity fueling their twisted creations.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 14 of 38 (123 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Sep 11, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

Just because somebody is doing something does not mean you need to partake in their actions with thim. You have alot to learn about the internet my friend.

I never said I participated. I am just saying that all the time a tragedy happens, people on the internet turn death into a comedy.

Sorry for my assumption. 

There will always be a bad side to the internet. There will also always be a good side as well. 

FiveFourteen
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 15 of 38 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Sep 11, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Anyway, KZM has a point... A lot of people on the internet seem to have no soul or regard for the feelings of others, with the lone justification of anonymity fueling their twisted creations.

Sadly it is true. I know some people ( not going to say names ) that joke about deaths in their family. Not because they think it was funny or glad that they died, but as a form of relief. Many people use comedy to relieve themselves from stress.

FiveFourteen
Message 16 of 38 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Sep 11, 2013
Honestly, i wish it never happend. Whether by our governments hand or terrorist, it happend though. i am not saying we should forget, but we should remember and move on.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 17 of 38 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2013

I must admit the reading of the names feels like a long and painful ceremony for lack of a better word. Yet people feel it necessary to pay their respect to those who lost their life on that day. I just don't watch anymore because I will never forget and I've heard some personal horror stories about that day. 

As far as making light of the situation and even joking about it well, people are cruel and some don't have a clue. Others deal with situations of that magnitude with poor humor. I've never said any jokes about 911 because it's too close to home. In fact it is home. 

And I have a pretty dark sense of humor. But I think that's the difference. When you are "closer" to a situation or an incident you just don't do it. 

photo Narcissus1_zps170f3e51.jpg
Message 18 of 38 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Sep 11, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I will admit I'm gulity for laughing at some of the pics created. 

KZMProductionsGT
Message 19 of 38 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Sep 11, 2013

Moving on would be to get rid of the TSA's intrusive policies. 

But we need to regard that day as a horrible tragedy and pay our condolences to the families that lost their loved ones. Anfd we should recognize the public heroes that went in and possibly died saving the lives of their fellow Americans.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 20 of 38 (72 Views)
0 Likes