Highlighted
Sep 11 2013
By: lonewhitewolf1 I Only Post Everything 1014 posts
Accepted Solution

Please dont rant at me for posting this....

37 replies 211 views Edited Sep 11, 2013

Every 9/11 its the same thing, people doing documentaries and everything, not to be mean but it did happen over a decade ago already! i mean for the first five years, ok, but at some point we need to move on. yeah i know i am american and i need to be proud of my country, but to me, murder will always be murder. at some point we have to stop and ask if its really worth it? i mean for you who lost a loved one, would they want you dwelling on thier death? i mean really ask yourself that. most people havnt moved on, maybe its just because i dont hold people that close and the closest thing to me was an animal that died but i know he is around and i even see him somethimes.

just think of it like this: death is not to be feared, death is moving from one dimension to another. i dont pitty the dead, i pitty the living and everything we have to go through and everything that is in store.

and unlike the rest of you, i fear what if the bible is right and our time is up? i believe we were sent to create wonderful things but all we seem to do is destroy.

something to think about, thanks for reading and if you want to comment go ahead but no trolling and no calling me names, if you have nothing nice to say about what i posted, please just continue on. i HATE drama.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 1 of 38 (211 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: Please dont rant at me for posting this....

Sep 11, 2013

I understand....but if you think again...look at how many people lost and risked their lives this day. Can't just forget about it.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 38 (199 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Sep 11, 2013

After all these years, and I still dont care. I see people joke about other tragedies all the time, but do so about 9/11 and it's not right.

lol

KZMProductionsGT
Message 3 of 38 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Sep 11, 2013

There are still men and women overseas fighting and dying every day because of the chain of events that the initial WTC attacks started in 2001.

I do not think that it is inappropriate to show reverence for the lives lost in 2001.

That said, I understand where you are coming from, but, I would point out that it's really easy to avoid 9/11 talk on 9/11 - so, I would suggest,if you really want to not hear about 9/11, that you avoid it. I do, but for different reasons.

And, before anyone else brings it up: World War II - not the same as 9/11.  Not even close, except perhaps Pearl Harbor AND Hiroshima, which Americans should NEVER forget. 

Grindhead_Jim

Message 4 of 38 (187 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

After all these years, and I still dont care. I see people joke about other tragedies all the time, but do so about 9/11 and it's not right.

The people who 'joke' about them have no clue of what happened during the tragedies. If they did know what happened I highly doubt they would still be telling jokes.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 5 of 38 (184 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Sep 11, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

The people who 'joke' about them have no clue of what happened during the tragedies. If they did know what happened I highly doubt they would still be telling jokes.

I am pretty sure those saying jokes know what happened. I'm just guessing that they have a dark sense of humor.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 6 of 38 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Sep 11, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

I am pretty sure those saying jokes know what happened. I'm just guessing that they have a dark sense of humor.

I don't see how you could joke about something on that level. Even if you had a dark mind.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 7 of 38 (160 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Sep 11, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

For my money, there is a huge difference between a dark sense of humor, and a disrespectful sense of humor.  Morbidity is one thing - being flippant about the death of thousands is something altogether different.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 8 of 38 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Sep 11, 2013

I can understand where you're coming from, but, 9/11/01 changed a lot...  and 12 years is not really that long ago...

We still pay remembrance to people who lost their lives in Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941.

Sure, you may not see it on your Facebook / Twitter feed or hear about it from your friends -- but it doesn't mean others are not taking time to pay their respects / thinking about what happened on that day.

Just like 12/07/41, I'm sure you will see less and less people talking about 9/11/01 in the future. Time will pass, it will slip people's minds when the date passes, and they will "move on."

But, just like Pearl Harbor, it doesn't mean others won't be thinking about what happened that day on 9/11/01.

Although it's not a federal holiday, today is "Patriot Day."

I can only assume that as time goes by, younger generations will forget what this day means, just like there are those who don't even realize what "Memorial Day" is. All they know is that they get the day off from school.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 9 of 38 (153 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Sep 11, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

I don't see how you could joke about something on that level. Even if you had a dark mind.

My only explanation is, the internet. It takes anything and makes a joke out of it. Like the moment I heard about Sandy Hook, there were already meme's on **bleep**. 

KZMProductionsGT
Message 10 of 38 (145 Views)
0 Likes