Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2005
Offline
8828 posts
 

Re: Playstation 4 - top secret alien technology

Feb 12, 2013

chicagotops wrote:

Loving the direction of this thread. 


No doubt. Smiley Very Happy

 

And McButtz's stupidity always makes things interesting!

 

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 31 of 35 (176 Views)
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: Playstation 4 - top secret alien technology

Feb 12, 2013

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote: If your posts are being deleted it is probably because you keep spreading largly false information.

 

Actually - that was a computer error.  It was only once. 

 

Logical_Dolphin wrote: As for the PS3 vs. X360, the specs for the PS3 look superior, but during that first year the multiplatform games looked inferior to the X360 versions. It took about a year before we started to see what the PS3 was able to do with games like R&C Future & Unchared 1. Multiplatform games continue to look the same between the PS3 & X360.

 

Actually - I was going by the way the games look too.  Gran Turismo 5 looks way better then Forza Motorsport.  Plus it runs at 1440 x 1080 resolution - Forza Motorsport runs at 1280 x 720.  Plus it has double the memory bandwidth - thus making it twice as good.

 

Logical_Dolphin wrote: I am certainly not under Microsoft's mind-control, since I own both systems IMO my views are more objective than yours. But for you, you certainly have some mental  issues going on stating that the PS4 is powered by alien technology and Nintendo is going to quit selling consoles this year.

 

You don't think you're under Microsoft's direct control?  Interesting - but you still are.  Playstation 3 is obviously far better in graphics.  It cost almost 3 times as much - that should be a dead giveaway.

 

 


IMO, to properly compair games you need to compair the same title. Not simular titles. With that comparison the PS3 usually comes out looking inferior. Sony's exclusive games usually do look far better than the multiplatform games.

 

I do agree that it should come down to the original games, that should be the determining factor between the PS3 & Xbox 360. Up until recently the X360 version of a multiplatform game are usually superior to the PS3 version.

 

Based on Technobuffalo's analysis, the PS3 has a superior CPU and the X360 has a better GPU. 

 

CPU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmHY_VnuDdE

GPU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEXro9yZpZs

 

I do agree that when properly leveraged, the PS3 games are superior to the X360 but there are few examples of this, outside of the exclusive games made for the PS3. But for games like Madden and Call of Duty, usually the games will look about the same, and usually a more technical analysis usually show that the X360 version has a better framerate and better textures.

 

When the PS3 came out it sold for $600 for the 60GB system and $500 for the 20GB system. At that time Xbox 360 sold for $500 for the 20GB system and $400 for the HDD-less system. So it did not cost 3X as much as you claim. You really need to get your facts straight, because from what I have seen you are basing your views on false facts...

Message 32 of 35 (162 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2005
Offline
8828 posts
 

Re: Playstation 4 - top secret alien technology

Feb 12, 2013

It's been common knowledge that aside from 1st party games, the X360 does have better textures and framerates than the PS3.

 

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 33 of 35 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/15/2012
Offline
1031 posts
 

Re: Playstation 4 - top secret alien technology

Feb 12, 2013

If we can't play games in 60 fps on the PS4 then its a waste of money

Message 34 of 35 (158 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2005
Offline
8828 posts
 

Re: Playstation 4 - top secret alien technology

Feb 12, 2013

xCougarx94 wrote:

If we can't play games in 60 fps on the PS4 then its a waste of money


If we can't play Battlefield 32v32 then PS4 is a failure.

 

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 35 of 35 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes