Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Re: Playstation 4 - top secret alien technology

Feb 6, 2013

chicagotops wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

I disagree with that since the X360 was released a year earlier, and the early PS3 games did not show any superiority for at least a year after it was released....

Ps3 had more features included day one before the markets  time even did them which is my point,  blu ray was not even out when ps3  said it had it. the  true hd tv an 3d tv was not even out ps3 had that no one had it to be honest not even kodak. It had a ton feature and alot   ahvent used  in the market. I hooked my kodak camera up to the ps3 and did  picture edited in pure hd .. and printed them out like you do at wal mart.   No one could do in   in 2007/2008 . Maybe kinko express or hp

Only thing xbox360 had  was a good  ram  drive.  But with the lack of  great titles it was waste of time  to even tqlk about it. The ps3 on the other hand,  Man let me  tell  you it blowed the socks off  folks playing games in blu ray hd  for the 1st time, its best thing  ever  and now  is a standard for all of gaming.  I dont think you can tell me  even with  with year advantage  xbox360 changed the way you looked at movies and  played games with its power  and etc.  You had  to buy  cords and part just be on point  in what ps3 could do and it costed hundreds of dollars.  But the ps3 changed the way the industry does gaming and plays games and even look at tv and even make movies. 

You may disagree but  even with  all ram they couldnt even  do what ps3 day  one. It took 3- 4 disk to play   certain  games and took 1 disk   for ps3    you couldve played 5 franchise  games dating back to ps1 from a franchise  on ps3. Only reason  it took so  long  to get going becuase no one knew this stuff , it was not even out..  The ps3 is going to go down as best console ever made better than the n64. !!! Im keeping my console  for very long time just like my ps2. 

I honesty dont think sony can top  ps3. Its the perfect console

Are ypu.. Psycho_ps3truthh..? 

You  lost  me with this one  are name calling (joking on topic)   or asking is that my name for ps3.. Ive only had 1 name in my   playstation  career and its this one.. 
Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 11 of 35 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Feb 6, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

Playstation 4 is to be composed of top secret alien technology.  Thus the codename Orbis - like an alien from space.  Metaphorically of course.  Technology at least 20 years more advanced then found in Wii U.

Feats which it can do, which current consoles can't:

1. A fully explorable city.  Previous generation hardware can't do that.  Meaning a 10 square mile city, complete with rendered interiors for the houses, and 100,000 inhabitants. 

2. True 1080p resolution games, 1920 x 1080, with anti-aliasing turned on.

3. Dual-screen true 1080p rendering.

4. Load the next level while the current level is running. 

5. Full operating system support. 

6. Full sea simulation.  Dozens of square miles of sea, complete with waves and weather effects.

That's all I got for now in terms of feats.  What is some of this top secret alien technology? 

The CPU's Vector Co-Processor

It can do 32 floating-point operations per clock cycle, per instruction! 

Separate L2 caches for the cores

L2 cache searches are 16 times faster as a result. 

And there's others - a dozen other advancements. 

well  you  could be right  becuase when ps3 came out  it  was like  5-6 yrs ahead of the market in just about  everything to date. it had hd tv stuff when no tv  even used it.  When that stuff got on the market its was very  expensive.. the ps3 is  still lbetter then  some  new blu ray players top of like  2k$+..  It had a printer option, i used it work once.  to print off picture to frame  from the game linger of the shadows.

The rumor was  the ps3 could get a loser gamer a social life and wife. and Guess what  Folk were getting married off  ps home and   pro gaming job from betas..Smiley Very Happy << its truee

I disagree with that since the X360 was released a year earlier, and the early PS3 games did not show any superiority for at least a year after it was released....

Ps3 had more features included day one before the markets  time even did them which is my point,  blu ray was not even out when ps3  said it had it. the  true hd tv an 3d tv was not even out ps3 had that no one had it to be honest not even kodak. It had a ton feature and alot   ahvent used  in the market. I hooked my kodak camera up to the ps3 and did  picture edited in pure hd .. and printed them out like you do at wal mart.   No one could do in   in 2007/2008 . Maybe kinko express or hp

Only thing xbox360 had  was a good  ram  drive.  But with the lack of  great titles it was waste of time  to even tqlk about it. The ps3 on the other hand,  Man let me  tell  you it blowed the socks off  folks playing games in blu ray hd  for the 1st time, its best thing  ever  and now  is a standard for all of gaming.  I dont think you can tell me  even with  with year advantage  xbox360 changed the way you looked at movies and  played games with its power  and etc.  You had  to buy  cords and part just be on point  in what ps3 could do and it costed hundreds of dollars.  But the ps3 changed the way the industry does gaming and plays games and even look at tv and even make movies. 

You may disagree but  even with  all ram they couldnt even  do what ps3 day  one. It took 3- 4 disk to play   certain  games and took 1 disk   for ps3    you couldve played 5 franchise  games dating back to ps1 from a franchise  on ps3. Only reason  it took so  long  to get going becuase no one knew this stuff , it was not even out..  The ps3 is going to go down as best console ever made better than the n64. !!! Im keeping my console  for very long time just like my ps2. 

I can't really understand parts of what you have written. If you are saying that Blu-Ray and 3DTV didn't exist before PS3, that is false. When the PS3 was first launched it was an attractive Blu-Ray player, because it was the cheapest one available in 2006. 3DTV's were also available at least a year before the PS3 was updated to support 3D movies. The ability to print photos wasn't added until 7 months after launch.

The X360 did have better quality games available at its launch (especially Call of Duty 2), and by the time the PS3 launched very few games were at the same level of quality. IMO it wasn't unil the release of Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted (nearly a year after launch) that the PS3 was showing its true potential. Many multiplatform games made the games first on the X360, which was pretty easy to program for, and then got ported to the PS3 (harder to program for) and for the most part the results were dissapointing. After many years, now the PS3 is on par with the X360 version. 

I agree that the Blu-Ray disc holds a lot more than a DVD does. But the BD drive data access speed was much slower than the X360's DVD drive, requiring large HDD installs for PS3 games compaired to X360 games to compensate. I don't think most people care too much that certain multiplatform titles require more discs than the PS3 version, there isn't too many cases of that anyway.

IMO the launch of the PS3 was far from perfect, launching at $499-$599 was a dealbreaker for many people, and a lot of the feature set was a work in progress. It did eventually get much better, but it certainly did get off to a rocky start...

Message 12 of 35 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 6, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

chicagotops wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Are ypu.. Psycho_ps3truthh..? 

You  lost  me with this one  are name calling (joking on topic)   or asking is that my name for ps3.. Ive only had 1 name in my   playstation  career and its this one.. 

srry nvm then. 

Psycho ps3trutth is a legendary ps fanboy over at ign comments. 

Whom raves and praises about the ps3 and the ps brand much like ur post. 

his fame stretches far and wide there. 

And there is no betteR fanboy than the one and only psycho. 

Ur post made u seem like quite the fanboy. Much like psycho. Similar to things he would say toO.

Pardon the confusion. But this is ps forums. Thought may be relevant or even the one and only psycho. Lol

- Restless Dreams.
Message 13 of 35 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

Playstation 4 is to be composed of top secret alien technology.  Thus the codename Orbis - like an alien from space.  Metaphorically of course.  Technology at least 20 years more advanced then found in Wii U.

1. A fully explorable city.  Previous generation hardware can't do that.  Meaning a 10 square mile city, complete with rendered interiors for the houses, and 100,000 inhabitants. 

6. Full sea simulation.  Dozens of square miles of sea, complete with waves and weather effects.

That's all I got for now in terms of feats.  What is some of this top secret alien technology? 

well  you  could be right  becuase when ps3 came out  it  was like  5-6 yrs ahead of the market in just about  everything to date. it had hd tv stuff when no tv  even used it.  When that stuff got on the market its was very  expensive.. the ps3 is  still lbetter then  some  new blu ray players top of like  2k$+..  It had a printer option, i used it work once.  to print off picture to frame  from the game linger of the shadows.

The rumor was  the ps3 could get a loser gamer a social life and wife. and Guess what  Folk were getting married off  ps home and   pro gaming job from betas..Smiley Very Happy << its truee

I can't really understand parts of what you have written. If you are saying that Blu-Ray and 3DTV didn't exist before PS3, that is false. When the PS3 was first launched it was an attractive Blu-Ray player, because it was the cheapest one available in 2006. 3DTV's were also available at least a year before the PS3 was updated to support 3D movies. The ability to print photos wasn't added until 7 months after launch.

The X360 did have better quality games available at its launch (especially Call of Duty 2), and by the time the PS3 launched very few games were at the same level of quality. IMO it wasn't unil the release of Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted (nearly a year after launch) that the PS3 was showing its true potential. Many multiplatform games made the games first on the X360, which was pretty easy to program for, and then got ported to the PS3 (harder to program for) and for the most part the results were dissapointing. After many years, now the PS3 is on par with the X360 version. 

I agree that the Blu-Ray disc holds a lot more than a DVD does. But the BD drive data access speed was much slower than the X360's DVD drive, requiring large HDD installs for PS3 games compaired to X360 games to compensate. I don't think most people care too much that certain multiplatform titles require more discs than the PS3 version, there isn't too many cases of that anyway.

IMO the launch of the PS3 was far from perfect, launching at $499-$599 was a dealbreaker for many people, and a lot of the feature set was a work in progress. It did eventually get much better, but it certainly did get off to a rocky start...

im saying  gaming wise  tvs and etc   half the thing ps3 was said to do. It was not market standard or popular, actually sony was berated and tore alive in the media for the  furturistic the features.

@ ps3 being on par  with xbox 360.. that good one man.  PS3 was alway the better console  and still is.  I dont see anything that xbox  did this genre beside the ram thing they did.?   they really didnt take adavantage of that like they shouldve  even hardcore xox fan admit that.  You  they some psn  games that are digital  would  take 2 disk on xbox 360 to  work that is fact and  xbox has the better ram.

I agree ps3 was harder to work on ,becuase no one knew how to work on it  becuase it was new, complexed,  But when devs  built games up on the ps3 hardware it has more awards than xbox 360 built up games have. They  built a exclusive crysis game up on ps3 hard ware digital, they couldnt do that on  xbox 360 it lacked the power it won  awards.   As far as power the games we see today have not tapped 50% of the power of the ps3 they say  gaes have used use -90 % of the power  of the ps3 haha. thats false.

Becuase a only a pc mmo can do that. dust 514 and dc  online is running 60-80% of  ps3 true power mag had 250 player  ran  30-50% of ps3 true power,  These are only game to do so( the mmo's). even the devs of them have said they couldve done more . No one know how powerfully the ps3, is no one. I agree with  you xbox 360 had the  better  ram but they  should  showcased better games for it,  only 1 i see that used it it halfway was gear of war 3 or 4 the new one.. the rest i wouldnt buy

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 14 of 35 (171 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Feb 6, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

im saying  gaming wise  tvs and etc   half the thing ps3 was said to do. It was not market standard or popular, actually sony was berated and tore alive in the media for the  furturistic the features.

@ ps3 being on par  with xbox 360.. that good one man.  PS3 was alway the better console  and still is.  I dont see anything that xbox  did this genre beside the ram thing they did.?   they really didnt take adavantage of that like they shouldve  even hardcore xox fan admit that.  You  they some psn  games that are digital  would  take 2 disk on xbox 360 to  work that is fact and  xbox has the better ram.

I agree ps3 was harder to work on ,becuase no one knew how to work on it  becuase it was new, complexed,  But when devs  built games up on the ps3 hardware it has more awards than xbox 360 built up games have. They  built a exclusive crysis game up on ps3 hard ware digital, they couldnt do that on  xbox 360 it lacked the power it won  awards.   As far as power the games we see today have not tapped 50% of the power of the ps3 they say  gaes have used use -90 % of the power  of the ps3 haha. thats false.

Becuase a only a pc mmo can do that. dust 514 and dc  online is running 60-80% of  ps3 true power mag had 250 player  ran  30-50% of ps3 true power,  These are only game to do so( the mmo's). even the devs of them have said they couldve done more . No one know how powerfully the ps3, is no one. I agree with  you xbox 360 had the  better  ram but they  should  showcased better games for it,  only 1 i see that used it it halfway was gear of war 3 or 4 the new one.. the rest i wouldnt buy

I guess you are talking about 1080p  & HDMI about technologies the PS3 supported from the start that the X360 didn't. While that is true, TVs that supported that were too expensive for most people. The X360 in the meantime was able to add those features in later version of the Xbox.

I do agree that on paper the PS3 is superior to the X360, but for years one certainly couldn't see much of a difference with the multiplatform games. For head to head analysis on the same game for the PS3 & X360, the X360 version was usually the superior version.

Technobuffalo did an independent analysis between the PS3 & X360. They found that the PS3 had a better CPU and the X360 had a better GPU. IMO whatever advantages the PS3 apparently has on paper over the X360, is hampered by a slow  Blu-Ray drive, non-unified memory, and its initial lack of ease of programing.

I agree that PS3 exclusvies games is where Sony's strength is, because those games really show off what the PS3 can do. As far as the most popular multiplatform games like Madden and Call of Duty, there really isn't much of a difference between the PS3 & the Xbox. I have read that the X360 power has been pretty much fully exploited while the PS3 hasn't been fully utilized, but the thing is that additonal power would only be shown in exlcusive games and not everyone has the expertise to exploit it to the fullest. So that is why it is time to introduce the PS3s successor that addresses the PS3's issues...

Message 15 of 35 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
24784 posts

Feb 6, 2013

You guys totally derailed a perfectly good PS4 rumor thread with all kinds of facts about the PS3. Smiley Surprised This is supposed to be about the PS4 and alien technology. Let's get this back on track. I heard the PS4 will be completely Backwards Compatible with all video game systems regardless of manufacturer all the way back to Pong.

P.S. Ask me about the trophy rumor. Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 35 (158 Views)
MVP Support
7097 posts

Feb 6, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

You guys totally derailed a perfectly good PS4 rumor thread with all kinds of facts about the PS3. Smiley Surprised This is supposed to be about the PS4 and alien technology. Let's get this back on track. I heard the PS4 will be completely Backwards Compatible with all video game systems regardless of manufacturer all the way back to Pong.

So what's this trophy rumor?

loom

Message 17 of 35 (153 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Feb 6, 2013

JERM7 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

loom

Nice screenshot. I know that game. Smiley Very Happy You should play the screenshot game with us.

Anyway the trophy rumor I heard is that  trophies won't be supported on the PS4 so they are going to assign a monetary value to each trophy and let you redeem that in the online store.

I love PS4 rumors. What have you heard?

Message 18 of 35 (148 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44769 posts

Feb 6, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

I heard that the PS4 will do 3D printing which means we will be able to print our trophies and put them on a shelf. Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 35 (144 Views)
MVP Support
24784 posts

Feb 6, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

I heard that the PS4 will do 3D printing which means we will be able to print our trophies and put them on a shelf. Smiley Tongue

I'm not sure if I like yours or mine better.....Smiley Frustrated

Message 20 of 35 (140 Views)
0 Likes