Highlighted
Feb 23 2013
By: JonathanCarabalo Lombax Warrior 220 posts

Playstation 4 technology - new perspective

15 replies 216 views Edited Feb 23, 2013

Now that it has actually been released - this past topic seems to make complete sense: https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Playstation-4-top-secret-alien-technol... 

1.  Yes - it can render an entire city, 10 square miles, thousands of inhabitants, as was shown with Killzone 4.  And it can do so at 1080p and 60 fps. 

2. Yes - it can render at true 1080p with anti-aliasing turned on, and at 60 frames per second too.  

Those are two of the points that I made.  This console is a quantum leap ahead of Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.  That's for sure.  Uncharted 2 can't even come close to rendering a city - it renders parts of it.  Only parts of it explorable.  And it does so with bad texturing, low anti-aliasing, and at 1440 x 1080.  Of course - that's 7 year old technology - but that's not all.  There's also more design advances on the Playstation 4, which make it even more capable:

1. 32 MB SRAM graphics buffer

2. x86 processing, allowing for more non-graphics processing, including AI and physics. 

3. CPU + vector co-processor, allowing for ultra-advanced effects

And that's about it.  The SRAM makes all the difference - as it allows for free z-buffering and frame buffering.  The x86 processing is what partly allows for 15 times the general purpose processing which Playstation 3 has - let alone the graphics.  And the Vector co-processor can be used to create unbelievably advanced effects - such as with "Deep Down" - per-pixel lighting and other effects.  Thus - several feats which I've seen this "ultra advanced alien technology" do in the hands of amateurs, and 1st generation too - imagine in the future, and in the hands of super experts:

All of the following occurs at 1920 x 1080 and 60 fps:

"Deep Down":

1. Per pixel, full-screen lighting, with multiple global and local lights, at 1080p and 60 fps.   

2. Icicle simulation - with lights coming through realistically refracted through the ice. 

3. Incredibly realistic fire simulation.

4. 10 square mile city rendered, with multiple textures on the surfaces and tall skyscrapers, in Killzone 4.

5. Effortless real-world mountainous region rendering, in Drive Club.

And that's just the start.  I take it I will receive less slanderous remarks now - now that what I've said has actually been proven.  

Thus the key to the truly incredibly graphics on the Playstation 4, is the CPU + Vector Co-Processor combination on 1 of the x86 Jaguar cores.  It allows for CG level effects to take place in the game effortlessly.  Like with Capcom's "Deep Down".  For now though - the developers and gamers will probably be satisifed with its basic game rendering, which is remarkably powerful.     

Message 1 of 16 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Re: Playstation 4 technology - new perspective

Feb 23, 2013
Maybe I can connect my iPhone to the PS4 via Bluetooth and then plug in headphones in the controller and make calls!

YB

Message 2 of 16 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6939 posts

Feb 24, 2013

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

Now that it has actually been released - this past topic seems to make complete sense: https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Playstation-4-top-secret-alien-technol... 

1.  Yes - it can render an entire city, 10 square miles, thousands of inhabitants, as was shown with Killzone 4.  And it can do so at 1080p and 60 fps. 

2. Yes - it can render at true 1080p with anti-aliasing turned on, and at 60 frames per second too.  

Those are two of the points that I made.  This console is a quantum leap ahead of Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.  That's for sure.  Uncharted 2 can't even come close to rendering a city - it renders parts of it.  Only parts of it explorable.  And it does so with bad texturing, low anti-aliasing, and at 1440 x 1080.  Of course - that's 7 year old technology - but that's not all.  There's also more design advances on the Playstation 4, which make it even more capable:

1. 32 MB SRAM graphics buffer

2. x86 processing, allowing for more non-graphics processing, including AI and physics. 

3. CPU + vector co-processor, allowing for ultra-advanced effects

And that's about it.  The SRAM makes all the difference - as it allows for free z-buffering and frame buffering.  The x86 processing is what partly allows for 15 times the general purpose processing which Playstation 3 has - let alone the graphics.  And the Vector co-processor can be used to create unbelievably advanced effects - such as with "Deep Down" - per-pixel lighting and other effects.  Thus - several feats which I've seen this "ultra advanced alien technology" do in the hands of amateurs, and 1st generation too - imagine in the future, and in the hands of super experts:

All of the following occurs at 1920 x 1080 and 60 fps:

"Deep Down":

1. Per pixel, full-screen lighting, with multiple global and local lights, at 1080p and 60 fps.   

2. Icicle simulation - with lights coming through realistically refracted through the ice. 

3. Incredibly realistic fire simulation.

4. 10 square mile city rendered, with multiple textures on the surfaces and tall skyscrapers, in Killzone 4.

5. Effortless real-world mountainous region rendering, in Drive Club.

And that's just the start.  I take it I will receive less slanderous remarks now - now that what I've said has actually been proven.  

Thus the key to the truly incredibly graphics on the Playstation 4, is the CPU + Vector Co-Processor combination on 1 of the x86 Jaguar cores.  It allows for CG level effects to take place in the game effortlessly.  Like with Capcom's "Deep Down".  For now though - the developers and gamers will probably be satisifed with its basic game rendering, which is remarkably powerful.     

i ahve  question.. so youtr telling us that it can do  gt4 and rdr  two word 2. . with ease..?

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 3 of 16 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Feb 24, 2013
the ps4 can't render an entire city...it will render as far as you can see the rest will be build while you move to free the processes that aren't necessary from the hardware...otherwise it's useless to use hardware to render parts that your player is not using...
Message 4 of 16 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6939 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Heisem wrote:
the ps4 can't render an entire city...it will render as far as you can see the rest will be build while you move to free the processes that aren't necessary from the hardware...otherwise it's useless to use hardware to render parts that your player is not using...

understood. .  but  could it do something  rdr. gta4?/

Mcbuttz78

Message 5 of 16 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Yea, it's impressive, but remember that consoles aren't about the graphics.

For example, the PS4 has about 1.8 TFLOPS of performance, CPU and GPU (APU) combined.

To put that in perspective, the ATI Radeon 7950 has around 2.9 TFLOPS of performance by itself.

I'd say, likely, with the performance of the PS4, it'd be something like a 7750 (819 GFLOPS) + CPU, or maybe a 7670 (768 GFLOPS) + CPU.  This would be the equivalent of course, since the PS4 has a custom built APU, with an 8-core CPU.

With 8-cores, I'm guessing a mid-range clock speed.  Maybe 2.8-3.0 GHz.  The only developing problems I could see is most PC games are still optimized for Quad-Core, which is why I'm surprised Sony didn't go with a Quad.

Message 6 of 16 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6939 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Tony72495 wrote:

Yea, it's impressive, but remember that consoles aren't about the graphics.

For example, the PS4 has about 1.8 TFLOPS of performance, CPU and GPU (APU) combined.

To put that in perspective, the ATI Radeon 7950 has around 2.9 TFLOPS of performance by itself.

I'd say, likely, with the performance of the PS4, it'd be something like a 7750 (819 GFLOPS) + CPU, or maybe a 7670 (768 GFLOPS) + CPU.  This would be the equivalent of course, since the PS4 has a custom built APU, with an 8-core CPU.

With 8-cores, I'm guessing a mid-range clock speed.  Maybe 2.8-3.0 GHz.  The only developing problems I could see is most PC games are still optimized for Quad-Core, which is why I'm surprised Sony didn't go with a Quad.

i had to look  uo what you  where saying.LOl.. Thats pretty impressive. 

Do think  the cable companies  gaming consoles or xbx new console  could out do  ps4??

Mcbuttz78

Message 7 of 16 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Feb 25, 2013

sold american 

Photobucket
Crap Box.. it only does everything poorly and charges you for it.
Message 8 of 16 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Feb 25, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

i ahve  question.. so youtr telling us that it can do  gt4 and rdr  two word 2. . with ease..?

Gran Turismo 4?  Are you serious?  What's RDR Two Word 2?

Message 9 of 16 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Heisem wrote:

I said it can render an entire city - depends on the size of the city.  Some are small.  But it can render Killzone 4's city.  It renders the entire city always - there's no such thing as building while you move.  You're unfamiliar with modern graphics technology.

Message 10 of 16 (113 Views)
0 Likes