Highlighted
Jan 17 2007
By: flipdezzie Lombax Warrior 109 posts

Playstation 3 Hating Buddies= equals broke friends

18 replies 4 views Edited Jan 17, 2007
Just wanted to see how many of you have friends like this:

To start off I want to say that I am 30 years old and my friends are around the same age.  Having said that, a couple of them seem to have PS3 envy. What I mean is that every chance they get the want to talk about how they keep seeing so many PS3s everywhere and yadayada.  To make matters worse on of them is a Best Buy employee which as we all know was literally sitting on the systems a few weeks ago after Christmas for an ad( which backfired on them).  These same individuals were fence sitters when the 360 came out and I again was the first one with that system and they were hating then now they all have 360s because of me.  The one argument I keep hearing is that this time last year the 360 was still in short supply and I have to remind my absent-minded amigos that yeah and that is because Microsoft was only shipping like two a three to stores at a time.  Sony had shipped a million by the end of 06 while Microsoft barely had 500,000 shipped by the end of 05.  HMMMMM...  Big difference huh.  I am a proud owner of all three systems and therefore don't see the logic in trying to defend any particular brand of product.  This is the equivalent of arguing about what cereal is the best and only buying that cereal while never tasting any other brand but because you can only afford one box you make it seems as the other box is awful. 

Does anyone else have any similar stories?  If so post here...
Message 1 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Re: Playstation 3 Hating Buddies= equals broke friends

Jan 17, 2007
yeah my friends are similar, i am always the 1 with the new console, and there all like its not that good etc etc

until they get 1 and all of a sudden its the best thing in the world

just jealousy

Message Edited by Richie-B on 01-17-2007 02:50 PM
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

JFT 96 " YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE "
Message 2 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
267 posts

Jan 17, 2007
Good (and funny) analogy on the cereal brands. I was one of those people at one point too -- I had only picked up the PlayStation 3 because  was curious and wanted a change for my other consoles. I never understood what was about to happen and how addicted I would become to a system that I thought might not be as good as the others. So now I actively post on the forums and try to help out and learn so that I can do my part to make sure this system pulls through and achieves exactly what we all see in it.
Message 3 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2715 posts

Jan 17, 2007
I know what you mean! Love my Frosted flakes but i also like my Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Puffs!
Message 4 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Jan 17, 2007
some of my very best friends dont even come round my house because they cant bear to see sum1 with somethin they havnt got.

arnt friends suppost to be happy for you and etc.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

JFT 96 " YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE "
Message 5 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jan 17, 2007
Thanks guys for responding.  The way some people defend these companies you would think that they were on the payroll or something.  The last time I checked though WE actually have to pay THEM for the consoles!!!! 
Message 6 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Jan 17, 2007
the amount of people that see the ps3 as a huge failure is astonishing and yhea some say it b/c theyre envious and can only afford one console like alot the kids that reside on this site who soley own sony stuff ....but most are people who work in the gaming industry.

but its pretty clear if your not ignorant that m$ is king ....theyre doin things right , while sony keeps b'sing, losing exclusives titles as they go.

most my friends have a 360 ....but were all 27 yrs old and up ...and not stuck in the "oh my console is better feud"
and when they come over the system of choice is the damn wiiiiii with its bad graphics as most say on here ...lol

i wouldnt be surprised if nintendo has a higher customer base than microsoft by next year ....nintendo can barely keep up with supply and demand ...yet people make fun of the system.   

Message Edited by solis1979 on 01-17-2007 07:03 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------
PSWII60 FANBOI - 100%

psn id: sircr3amalot
360 gamertag: sir cr3am alot
wii number: 1578 8943 1539 2710
-------------------------------------------------------------
360: viva pinata,gears of war, lost planet
ps3: fight night 3 , resistance:fom
wii: zelda twilight princess, excite truck, rayman
Message 7 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jan 17, 2007

Richie-B wrote:
some of my very best friends dont even come round my house because they cant bear to see sum1 with somethin they havnt got.

arnt friends suppost to be happy for you and etc.

Amen to that.  That is the way I am. If one of my friends has something that I don't have and would like I would be like man I can't wait to get me one.  Like I tell my wife all the time,  if someone has a nicer home or car than mines my motto is "you can have whatever you want as long as you don't call me and ask me to pay for it."
Message 8 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5010 posts

Jan 17, 2007

flipdezz wrote:
Just wanted to see how many of you have friends like this:
To start off I want to say that I am 30 years old and my friends are around the same age. Having said that, a couple of them seem to have PS3 envy. What I mean is that every chance they get the want to talk about how they keep seeing so many PS3s everywhere and yadayada. To make matters worse on of them is a Best Buy employee which as we all know was literally sitting on the systems a few weeks ago after Christmas for an ad( which backfired on them). These same individuals were fence sitters when the 360 came out and I again was the first one with that system and they were hating then now they all have 360s because of me. The one argument I keep hearing is that this time last year the 360 was still in short supply and I have to remind my absent-minded amigos that yeah and that is because Microsoft was only shipping like two a three to stores at a time. Sony had shipped a million by the end of 06 while Microsoft barely had 500,000 shipped by the end of 05. HMMMMM... Big difference huh. I am a proud owner of all three systems and therefore don't see the logic in trying to defend any particular brand of product. This is the equivalent of arguing about what cereal is the best and only buying that cereal while never tasting any other brand but because you can only afford one box you make it seems as the other box is awful.
Does anyone else have any similar stories? If so post here...

**bleep**UM your ps3 will get you new Friends...lol..lol..
Message 9 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 17, 2007
I think MS had a big head start and could afford the slow shipping. With the PS3, SONY was bombarded with the Wii and I think they really needed to crank out the numbers. People on the fence without a console will buy a 360 or a Wii before the PS3 because of price but if it isn't in the stores that makes their choice that much easier. I think that is a big reason why the numbers have inflated over the past couple of weeks. Kudos to SONY for getting 2 mill out there but Europe is still in the cold. As for broke friends being the haters, I don't think every hater is broke or can't afford the PS3. I think there are people out there that have a problem with paying $600 for a console but those same people shouldn't really say anything if they have the 360 with the wireless router and the HD-DVD drive because then...it's all the same in price. At the end of the day, we love the console and those that hate can just enjoy watching MTV while we got 40 player Resistance wars online! Robot Very Happy

Message 10 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes