Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: PlayStation X

May 21, 2014

All joking aside, comptition is good. Even if Microsoft and Sony decided to one day merge their consoles, someone else would release a new console that rivaled them. Even though they will never do this -- still -- one day someone will release a console that will rival them. Competition is good because it keeps the companies evolving and improving their products.

Nintendo and Sega helped dismantle Atari; Sony and Nintendo helped dismantle Sega; Sony and Microsoft are slowly dismantling Nintendo (as far as mainstream popularity goes.) This too will happen to Sony's PlayStation and / or Microsoft's Xbox... one day.

Also, as Setz pointed out, the PSX was already a thing. And besides that, the PS1 itself was called the "PSX" back in the day, by a lot of gamers / magazines.

Also, also... there is nothing wrong with owning multiple consoles.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 11 of 13 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4181 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2014

I would settle with both making a cross compatable system one x box one playstation joint venture on hardware and OS specs. like PC's do today. So we could buy games form both and play together like good little children. That would make it a lot better to dev's one game both consoles.

I Enjoy Gaming I don't hate anything about it!
The reason to buy a NEW console is to play NEW Games not old ones.
Message 12 of 13 (50 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
999 posts

May 21, 2014

JohnKarnes wrote:

I would settle with both making a cross compatable system one x box one playstation joint venture on hardware and OS. So we could buy games form both and play together like good little children. That would make it a lot better to dev's one game both consoles.

If they both had the same HW, OS, and games, what purpose would one or the others existence serve?

It would literally be a flip of a coin for those of us without a PS/XB bias...

Rules & Guidelines Contact PlayStation Support | Need Help? PM Me

If you want to add me on PSN, please say in the request that you're from the PS forum.

Message 13 of 13 (44 Views)
0 Likes