May 20 2014
By: cstnljm Splicer 68 posts

PlayStation X

12 replies 128 views Edited May 20, 2014

Instead of fighting all the time, Microsoft and Sony should come together and make a console that will be the greatest of all time. They should put their differences aside, put an end to the console wars, and start a new generation of consoles. So my friend and I have created some of ideas for them to start out with and Microsoft and Sony can continue with the features and improvements from there. And please if you like these ideas, spread the word, give some ideas of what the console should have, and let everybody know how awesome it would be to have this thing created. So here are some of my ideas.

- it will have crazy fast internet and download speeds. You can go on the store, buy a full game and by the time you exit out, the download is done. As for the internet, there will be NO lag. Whether your browsing the internet, or playing online games, your system will never lag. The system will be hacker proof and have it's own hotspot!

- The system will NEVER over heat, and it will have built in Kinect. The graphics will be combined with ps4 and xbox one, and even be 3-D compatible.

- You'll be able to play both xbox and playstation exclusives on one console. Ex: able to play Halo and Infamous on the same console!

- as for the controller, the analogs will be from playstation, triggers from xbox, bumpers from playstation, d-pad from playstation, and  10 people can use controllers at the same time.

- PSN and Xbox Live will no longer exist. It'll be replaced by X-Network, a whole new gaming community combined with the style of xbox and playstation. No more fee for online unless you want to upgrade to X-Plus, which will be like Playstation Plus. You'll also be able to have 150+ friends online too.

- if possible, make the console wireless. No plugs or any of that stuff. Just buy it, take it out of the box, turn it on and start gaming.

-the colors for the console will be blue, green, and silver. (blue for playstation and green for xbox)

- The console will be called PlayStation X and the price for it will be 600$ which is a good deal for what you're getting. So like i said before, post your ideas on what they can add, and if you like the idea, spread the word so it can get to Microsoft and Sony so thay can create the greatest console that will ever exist.

Message 1 of 13 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3419 posts

Re: PlayStation X

May 20, 2014
A man can dream...

RingingPhoneTelephone Calls 

Satire Extraordinaire!RingingPhone
"Stop trolling, you're CLEARLY trolling!" - Everyone In Off-Topic.

~ Proud Upholder Of The PS Forums Rules Of Conduct ~
~ Survivor Of Two Permanent Bans ~ Influential Satire Member ~

~ Forum Moderation Expert ~ Victim Of Many Injustices ~
~ Sworn Enemy To The Off-Topic Board ~ Anti-Troll Cultist ~

...Before you report this post, please check HERE to see if it actually breaches the PS Forums Rules Of Conduct, otherwise you're wasting your time! Thanks!

Message 2 of 13 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11727 posts

May 20, 2014

Frankly, these ideas are terrible. Game companies have nothing to do with the creation of Internet speed. That's all up to the Internet provider. If the technology doesn't yet exist to have as fast an Internet service as you're thinking then there's no way for a game console to offer it for as many people as this hypothetical business model would dish out upon the proposed install base the two companies are hoping to build.

More so, the main concept of this machine is basically that of combining two systems into one and selling it for $600. $200 extra may seem like an awful nice idea just so you can save $200+ in the long-un from buying them separately, but this plan is flawed. For one, competition breeds excellence. At least when you have two companies competing to earn your dollar they have to strive to deliver on games and new hardware ideas that sell. If Microsoft and Sony were in the same boat then they no longer have to push themselves to the top of the ladder. Now they can just drift on by each year lazily expecting people to pay for the one and only gaming platform on the market. Nintendo would either step out of the way or get crushed all together. Would anyone else try and stand up to these giants, or perhaps succumb to their mighty dollar?

Also, I don't think that for ten people to use a controller at once is a bright idea at all. How massive are these controllers supposed to be anyway? If the ability for ten people to use the console at once is what you meant to say then that's a different story all together. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 13 (100 Views)
I Only Post Everything
999 posts

May 20, 2014

Just because they have fast servers doesnt mean you will benefit from it, you are still limited by YOUR home internet speed.

Nothing can ever be "hacker proof".

Without merging they could make a console that "never overheats" has "Kinect (or move built in" is "wireless" and has 5x the power of the PS4... That doesn't mean Joe Averageman will be able to afford it though, and a buyout/merger/joint venture wouldn't magically lower manufacturing cost. It would be impossible to sell something like that for $600 without going bankrupt.

Really? Merging the controllers... Isn't that a little overboard? I mean just go with the superior controller, and comparing the DS4 to the XBO controller, the DS is better...

If there was no competition, the prices would skyrocket and the quality would decline, it's been proven time and time again that competition is good.

I will end by dedicating this to you

Rules & Guidelines Contact PlayStation Support | Need Help? PM Me

If you want to add me on PSN, please say in the request that you're from the PS forum.

Message 4 of 13 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

May 21, 2014

Ouch. Gee, thanks for the encouragement guys! You totally know how to support a completely awesome idea! But don't worry i'll figure out a way to make this work, i don't give a fudge how impossible it sounds. 

Message 5 of 13 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 21, 2014
You want a single entity to have a monopoly on digital entertainment? WORST IDEA EVER

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 6 of 13 (78 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

May 21, 2014

Microsoft and Sony are not fighting.. It's more the fans that are fighting..

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 7 of 13 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

May 21, 2014

I guess you never heard of Anti-Trust and Monopoly laws.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 13 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 21, 2014

Besides, PSX was already a thing.

psx

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 9 of 13 (60 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

May 21, 2014

cstnljm wrote:

Ouch. Gee, thanks for the encouragement guys! You totally know how to support a completely awesome idea! But don't worry i'll figure out a way to make this work, i don't give a fudge how impossible it sounds. 

Your idea sounds quite communist.....

Go ask any Russian over 40 how that worked out for them....

Furiously Chaosing
Message 10 of 13 (58 Views)
0 Likes