Jun 22 2013
By: iceburg_501 First Son 1 posts

PlayStation Active 3d glasses trouble using with 3D TV

2 replies 90 views Edited Jun 22, 2013

I bought 2 pairs of Sony PlayStation Active 3d Glasses. I am trying to use them with my Panasonic Plasma P55 3d TV.

The Plasma is an Active 3d TV that uses IR Transmitter. I tuned into 2 different 3D TV stations on DirecTV (ESPN3D and 3Net)..... the content looks staggered with or without the glasses.

The glasses have been charged for 30 minutes and when I click the power button up top the led flashes red...... I tried messing with the 3d settings on the TV and adjusting the depth... no luck.

I called Sony support and they kept talking about the PS3, even though I said the console wasn't in the equation. I asked them that the glasses say their compatible with Sony and Panasonic Active 3D TVs and asked them to provide a list of compatible tvs. They said it was hit or miss.....easy way out. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3 (90 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
3364 posts

Re: PlayStation Active 3d glasses trouble using with 3D TV

Jun 22, 2013

Move from PlayStation® Forums Support.

Message 2 of 3 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Re: PlayStation Active 3d glasses trouble using with 3D TV

Jun 22, 2013

First, make sure you're using high speed HDMI cables to deliver the signal to the TV.

Next, to rule out the glasses as the problem, I'd recommend downloading a demo for a game that supports 3D off the PSN store (Dungeon Defenders & Zen Pinball 2 are a couple of examples I can think of off the top of my head). If you can see the 3D effects in the games, then you know, most likely, neither the glasses nor the TV are the culprit.

If the glasses work with the 3D games, the issue is  probably with your DirecTV hardware/setup.

What model of Panasonic do you have? I have P50GT30 and haven't had any issues watching 3D blu-ray or playing 3D games via the PS3, but I have zero experience viewing over the air 3D content on it, so I'd recommend getting in touch with DirecTV  if it's only the TV channels that don't display properly.

Message 3 of 3 (68 Views)
0 Likes