Jun 3, 2012

Plaz.

Message 71 of 80 (787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Plasma or LCD for gaming?

Jun 14, 2012

Plasma here, as long as you do the 100 or so hour aging process and you wont have any worries with Burn in/IR  and its FAR superior to LCD/LED in terms of picture quality. I have put mine through mutiple 3-5 hr sessions and have had no problems with burn in or Image Retention.

Message 72 of 80 (787 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Jun 14, 2012

I don't why everyone is saying buy plasma if you play in a dark room.  Come on people, that's horrible for your eyes.

But honestly I would go with LED.  Saves you a LOT of money on the electricity (not much per day, but by the end of the year it adds up) and from personal experience they have slightly better picture.

Me personally, I have a 32" Sony BRAVIA 720p LCD.  Kind of wish I had the 1080p version, but 720p still looks pretty damn good.  And my computer monitor is a 19" Samsung 1080p LCD TV.  Both look great.  Honestly I would say between all 3 there really isn't much of a difference.  I don't think it should be a deciding factor.  If you are the kind of person that must have the best blacks and the perfect color spacing, then go with LCD or LED.

Message 73 of 80 (787 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5723 posts

Jun 14, 2012

I very much prefer lcd's.

Message 74 of 80 (787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Your last comment made no sense dude. Plasma has the best blacks by far compaired to LCD. And Plasma is best for dark rooms no chance of glare, not sure where you are getting your info from but its a little off.

Message 75 of 80 (787 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Morph1ous wrote:

Your last comment made no sense dude. Plasma has the best blacks by far compaired to LCD. And Plasma is best for dark rooms no chance of glare, not sure where you are getting your info from but its a little off.

What do you mean where am I getting that info from?  You AREN'T supposed to look at TV or computer screens in dark rooms, it's bad for your eyes.  So the fact that Plasma is best in dark rooms is irrelevant.

Message 76 of 80 (787 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1130 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Tony72495 wrote:

Morph1ous wrote:

What do you mean where am I getting that info from?  You AREN'T supposed to look at TV or computer screens in dark rooms, it's bad for your eyes.  So the fact that Plasma is best in dark rooms is irrelevant.

Photobucket

Agreed Tony72495; but really this is turning into an opinion war. It just boils down to what everyone prefers.

I prefer LCD or LED. I went to a rental place and rented a bunch of different TV's, plasma, lcd, dlp, ect.

So in the end I have a lcd/ led sony bravia smart tv; 46". I recommend this tv but to each his/ her own.

Message 77 of 80 (787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 18, 2012

Again you info is a bit off. Its not bad for your eyes studies have shown that it can cause eye strain/headaches but its not permanent and has no negative effect on you eyes. Last time i checked theaters show movies in dark rooms .

Simple fact remains Plasma is better than LCD in terms of PQ, with a few HIGH end exceptions but im not going to pay 3k+ for a set yet.

Message 78 of 80 (787 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6012 posts

Jun 23, 2012

I have a LG 60'' Plasma with best picture settings.

Photobucket
Message 79 of 80 (787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 31, 2013

Today plasma tv's do not suffer from burn in, they might suffer from imagine retention but that usually disappears after a few hours, imagine retention usually happens if you pause the game and leave the image on the tv, not when you are playing the game.

Plasma tv's are the best for gaming due to they do not suffer from motion blur or input lag compared to some led/lcd tv's but they do suffer from bad reflection in bright sunny rooms, closing the curtains/blinds can easily cure that problem.

Message 80 of 80 (331 Views)
0 Likes