Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Re: Plasma TV burned in

Jan 10, 2011

First off, Plasma's are the best display technology available today. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Secondly, what you are seeing is called "ghosting" or "image retention". This is temporary. It'll resolve itself by you just watching different material for a while. If you want to speed it up you can leave it on a channel that only produces static for a few hours and it'll disappear.

Come back here and update us when it's gone.

Message 21 of 24 (74 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 2, 2012
Dude my 60" 3D Samsung plasma with it's battery powered glasses makes movies look so much better than my friends 60" LG that has non charging glasses..if I would have known that ps3's had the tendency to burn in the screen of plasma tv's I would have just got a 3D blu-ray player and used my ps3 on 42" LED..but as as your comment about plasmas being played out..I think your wrong..my 2010 plasma 3D kicks **bleep** on most other 3D TV's I looked at..and I do hella research on products before I buy them..so do your research before you start hating on stuff
Message 22 of 24 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Same thing has happened to me. Playing to much Warhawk  the health bar is burned in. 

-------------------------------------------------------
A proud Playstation owner since Dec 08!
Facebook - ChihuahuaPS3
Twitter - @ChihuahuaPS3
Youtube - ChihuahuaPS3
Message 23 of 24 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

Oct 2, 2012

WOW! Blast from the past over here. Smiley Very Happy

A quick update then: On the second week of December 2011, a bright red line appeared on the right hand side of the Plasma display. It was a defect that went unnoticed, and then we panicked and performed the Warranty Claim in mere hours before the Samsung Tech Support closed up for holidays. Smiley Very Happy

They exchanged it with a 55" Smart TV LED-LCD. Free upgrade! Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 24 (63 Views)