Uncharted Territory
2060 posts

Re: Phantasy Star Universe online demo in marketplace!

Jan 20, 2007
Yeah, its a very nice demo.....I'll get on tonight....

Message 31 of 41 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7422 posts

Jan 20, 2007

JDplasma11 wrote:

CommonerChaos wrote:

gotwins48 wrote:
i played the beta that was out, it was awsome, im still debating getting the full game

Yea. I luv this game, but I just never get ANY of the Phantasy Stars because of the monthly payment. I mean, it's bad enough that I already pay for xbl. They should make it where ppl with hold accounts shouldn't have to pay to play, but those with silver accounts do (since they don't pay for xbox live) it would even out sooooo good...

Yeah, I agree. We are already paying for Live, and another subscription seems too much. MS should make some kind of deal with the MMO devs

If MS did make a deal with MMO devs it would probably hike up the XBL fee. For the fee to include MMO's it would have to be more than $4 a month. Especially since PSO is $10, FFXI is $12, Square is making another MMO that will probably be $12 and Huxley might have a fee also. There is no way that can be encompassed in $4 a month. They could do a small hike in everyones fee because not everyone plays MMO's so it would even out but then some poor non-mmo person would be paying for something they don't even play.

The best thing is to keep it as it is. Keep MMO's seperate from XBL. You don't need XBL gold to play MMOs. All you need is to pay the MMOs fee. That way only the person who is actually playing the MMO has to pay for it.

As far a PSU. I really couldn't get into t. The graphics were really bad. I am usujally not a graphics **bleep** but it looked like it smeared vasoline on my TV screen. There is also the fact that it is not a MMO but they still charge you to play it. That is the worst part of it for me. I was thinking about buying it but there is just no way at all to justify that fee. I used to play FFXI and Everquest before that. I am cool with MMO fees but PSU is not a MMO. You go on missions not in a massive world but just in a level with your 6 or so party members.
Photobucket
Message 32 of 41 (1 View)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Jan 21, 2007
I like the way its laid out.  Simple and you don't have to walk for an hour to get to a main fight or mission.  Way easier to get into parties.  Sega did good with this one. 

Also you don't have to dedicate your life to play online.  Thats a BIG bonus for me as I just dont have 10 hours a day to devote to one game.  I have to spread it around  =P
(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Message 33 of 41 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20648 posts

Jan 21, 2007

PS2master4444 wrote:

OGRYDER wrote:
I downloaded this game and it doesnt work...It says "Cannot find server"

Yeah, that's exactly what's happening to me.  Anyone know what's wrong and how to fix this?

I still haven't been able to fix this, can anyone help?
Message 34 of 41 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12093 posts

Jan 21, 2007

iruhl wrote:
resets each month but played for a few hours last night.  Seems very fun, a faster paced hack n slash version of FFXI.  Just no where near as deep of a game. 

Anyone else wanna party up and play this weekend?

I'm level 5 already... Universe 02

in game name.  Ruhlman

Sure.  I own the game and pay for online.  I havn't played for a while.  It's quiet easy.  Love the weapon and upgrades.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Message 35 of 41 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12093 posts

Jan 21, 2007
Monthly fee is 10 dollars.  Not that bad.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Message 36 of 41 (1 View)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Jan 21, 2007

49er_477 wrote:

but now with the demo available every month (it resets)

You can just play for free online unless your a die hard.

I'll be picking it up this week to play thru single player......is it the same online as single player?

Message 37 of 41 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7422 posts

Jan 21, 2007

49er_477 wrote:

The thing that gets me is that there is no reason to charge a monthly fee. PSU isn't a MMORPG. It is just an online RPG like Guild Wars. They do not charge a fee for Guild Wars. A MMORPG charges monthly because when you have thousands of people questing and fighting on the same server it costs a lot of money. PSU doesn' have thousands of people fighting and questing together on a massive world. They just have a lobby system that you can run around in with a bunch of people. Then you can do levels with people.

I love the idea and I like the game but there is no reason to charge.
Photobucket
Message 38 of 41 (1 View)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Jan 21, 2007

LBC_DEMON wrote:

49er_477 wrote:

The thing that gets me is that there is no reason to charge a monthly fee. PSU isn't a MMORPG. It is just an online RPG like Guild Wars. They do not charge a fee for Guild Wars. A MMORPG charges monthly because when you have thousands of people questing and fighting on the same server it costs a lot of money. PSU doesn' have thousands of people fighting and questing together on a massive world. They just have a lobby system that you can run around in with a bunch of people. Then you can do levels with people.

thousands aren't playing?  how many are?

I would think a bunch are since its very popular, it was the most downloaded item in the marketplace the month it came out

Message 39 of 41 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7422 posts

Jan 21, 2007

iruhl wrote:

LBC_DEMON wrote:

49er_477 wrote:

thousands aren't playing?  how many are?

I would think a bunch are since its very popular, it was the most downloaded item in the marketplace the month it came out

I am not saying there aren't thousands playing. Hell Gears has tens of thousands playing online. I am saying they are not all playing together at the same time. They are playing in levels that allow 6 players(I think the parties are 6 right?). In a MMORPG you are playing in areas that allow thousands of people to play and fight together in the same areas at the same time.

When you play Gears of War you go through a text lobby and select a match and join a game that has 8 people max. When you play PSU you join a lobby with characters that run around and then you join a match that has 6 players max. In Everquest or FFXI you select a massive server and you run around and fight and quest with people on a massive level. There can be hundreds or thousands of people fighting in the same dungeon that you are fighting in. In PSU there are only 6 people at max fighting in the same dungeon that you are fighting in.
Photobucket
Message 40 of 41 (1 View)
0 Likes