Re: Peter Moore trashes Sony's PS3

Jan 10, 2007

PSWii60FTW wrote:

RATEDPG30 wrote:

Qbanflak0 wrote:

SlyTheBoss wrote:

Burned with desire wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:
It'd be a lot funnier if almost everything he said wasnt true,,,unfortunetly it is. PSN is about a joke right now and until they come up with something brilliant I wouldnt expect anything but negative remarks towards it.

Well,I don't care about online,it's all about solid sinlgle player mode.
 PSN may not be on LIVE level now,as he said it took them 4 years.
So dont expect wonders from Sony in less than 2 months.
PSN at least has better demos like GT:HD,T5:R,MK2 ect.

LOL, have you seen the demos on XBox Live?

live has demos for about 95% of its games, and its free

Videos don't count as demos.

They have more than 60 game demos, and hundreds of game videos.

He said the 95% of the games have demos on live.
Message 81 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Jan 10, 2007

ProjectSatan wrote:

If your going to brag about one game then why cant I? Live has mandatory mic support for EVERY game...PSN doesnt....Live has private chat in game, PSN doesnt.  Live has so many features that I cant even list them all. PSN has the bare minimum...dont get me wrong its ok for being free, but its no where near Live yet.

Message Edited by ProjectSatan on 01-10-2007 09:39 AM

Message Edited by ProjectSatan on 01-10-2007 09:40 AM

And think about this... There you are, watching Heroes on your 360 (through IPTV) and a pop up appears from a friend asking you if you want to play some co-op GoW. So you start recording Heroes and pop your GoW DVD in and in no time, you're both playing, while at the same time chatting with your friends and listening to music streamed either locally or through your PC. This is what Sony is competing against...

Message 82 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Jan 10, 2007
from a cost point of view why would sony have enough servers to accommodate 5 million users when you only have less then 1 million now......think about it! When more people buy a ps3 and get online then sony will add more servers.

Sony can provide more content(movies, music) to the PSN easier the MS...why? Sony BMG and Sony Pictures. I know it will be just a start but hey its a start. Then they can work on making deal with others companies for content.

Games....well I think Phil said there were 40 PSN games in development.

I think it comes down to that people are comparing ms and sony as if they launched there systems at the same time and might not know it. Sony will catch up soon! I can't wait to see the look on Peter Moore's face at the end of the year....lol
Message 83 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Dynamite16 wrote:
They keep saying that they have a free service. Well, if they don't have anything, of course it's free. And you know what: what's free about $600?"

Well I ended up paying 500 for my xbox becuase of the hd add on and im still paying for live so in the long run im gettin ripped off by M$...

That's the point in way he said what he said...
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 84 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4649 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Big Preme wrote:

Qbanflak0 wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

PSWii60FTW wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22117

"They're struggling with some of their hardware issues, and apparently they're going to deliver another five million in the next 90 days."

Message Edited by Burned with desire on 01-10-2007 10:05 AM

I think out of all this psycho babble the most important thing he said was this:

""It's taken a company like Microsoft four solid years to get where we are today - the richness of the experience, the consistency of the experience, constantly updating features and making it feel fresh - and we're a software company and this is a software plane," he said."

That underlined part just proves what many of us has been saying. A network like this takes time to realize its full potentiel. With that said, its sort of telling that PSN falls short but NOT by far of the live service. So Sony been able to come close in one or two years (however long it took to make the PSN network) to doing what it has taken MS 4 yrs to do. Not only that, how many xbox 360s were shipped from the date of its launch to two months after world wide? If it wasn't as much as sony has shipped then he should really shut his trap.

Sony's network is not even close to live, and also, PSN can barely keep service up now, what do you think would happen if there were 5 million users like live.

Again your lying to yourself. Live offers friends list, PSN got that, Live offers 40 man servers, oh scratch that it doesn, PSN does that. Live has voice in game and PSN has that. The things PSN needs to improve on is a better feel of being a part of a large network. When you log onto live you feel like you just logged on to some BIG community, you dont feel like that on PSN. As far as the speed of the network and not going down, they need to work on that however xbox live which is four yrs old goes down at times as well, heck i twas down on friday for a few hours off and on. PSN also needs to have group chat on the dashboard like the original xbox has which the 360 doesnt evne support anymore. What else do you think they are missing they should add? That is a sincere question by the way not a bait into a argument.

i hope you u understand in the days of xbox 1 live had no restrictions to the number of players it had for some games going past 40, but now they do a thing called quality control they cap it to a reasonable number to ensure stability, sony just doesnt care it will throw in everyone it can and a year from now as the base grows 40 will get cut back when it starts to suck up game preformance. sony has no experience in the affect more users will have on the online platform they just dont care to look into it now. and seriously who needs 40 players for most of the games? ppl have a hard enough time finding a 6 man team let alone 40.

Again your lying to yoruself there was NO game on xbox live back that that had a unlimited number of players on a server. Name the game please.

i never said unlimited, i said they had no restrictions other than developers deciding them. a game could have been 50 or 30 or even 20, atlaest 1 thing is clear, sony allows a max of 40, if we go by the highest possible in the ancient live being 50 then a service 4 years ago clearly overcapped the online limit by 10, being beaten by a service 4 years ago isnt good for PSN
Motorstorm in 720p
Q: How much of the PS3���s capacity are you using with this game?
A:We are using all of the SPU processors and all of the memory
Message 85 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1069 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Goooner wrote:
DAMN MAN... WHY ARE YOU ALL POUTING OVER THE PSN NETWORK..Sony has already stated they will do a major update in March (Euro Launch)
why would they do double work ? ..BE PATIENT

If I were  paying for I'd have an argument, I'm not so it doesn't bother me.. M$ is charging 50 bucks in some cases for their service ..SO EXPECTED IT TO BE BETTER

IF SONY COMES THROUGH WHICH I BELIEVE THEY WILL..

M$ needs to worry about that new OS gettign ready to come out and its issues ..they have their priorities wrong if you ask me

because XBUGX owners are affraid ... the PS3 just came out ... i think it will be the best console around between PS3 and 360 .  MS always thrashing at sony to give them selfs good opinion about them .... like their fans who comes here thrashing about the PS3
Message 86 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Jan 10, 2007

SlyTheBoss wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:

If your going to brag about one game then why cant I? Live has mandatory mic support for EVERY game...PSN doesnt....Live has private chat in game, PSN doesnt.  Live has so many features that I cant even list them all. PSN has the bare minimum...dont get me wrong its ok for being free, but its no where near Live yet.

And think about this... There you are, watching Heroes on your 360 (through IPTV) and a pop up appears from a friend asking you if you want to play some co-op GoW. So you start recording Heroes and pop your GoW DVD in and in no time, you're both playing, while at the same time chatting with your friends and listening to music streamed either locally or through your PC. This is what Sony is competing against...

Yep...in game chat is so overlooked by psn users...they have no idea what their missing. Now I get to possibly record TV and play games and chat and stream music all at the same time. WHEW, the features are endless, a man could overload on the amount of things to do with live.
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

PSN: Hellucinate
XBL: ProjectSatan
Message 87 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4173 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Qbanflak0 wrote:

RATEDPG30 wrote:

Qbanflak0 wrote:

RATEDPG30 wrote:

Qbanflak0 wrote:

SlyTheBoss wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:
It'd be a lot funnier if almost everything he said wasnt true,,,unfortunetly it is. PSN is about a joke right now and until they come up with something brilliant I wouldnt expect anything but negative remarks towards it.

Well,I don't care about online,it's all about solid sinlgle player mode.
 PSN may not be on LIVE level now,as he said it took them 4 years.
So dont expect wonders from Sony in less than 2 months.
PSN at least has better demos like GT:HD,T5:R,MK2 ect.

LOL, have you seen the demos on XBox Live?

live has demos for about 95% of its games, and its free

Videos don't count as demos.

im not counting videos, if i coulnted videos and online content it wouldnt be fair since that would exclipse anything PSN can offer.

You said 95% which is not true.  I never said anything about not having more than PSN.

i was being sarcastic, its been a while since ive gone to the demos list, but all of the known games are there, if a game is popular u can bet its on live for download. lets not nitpick just because barbies horse adventure isnt up for download now.

You were passing that as fact, but when you were challenge you changed your story.  Why wouldn't live have more game demos than

PSN, it has been out a year longer.
Message 88 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4649 posts

Jan 10, 2007

SlyTheBoss wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:

IPTV will be something to exclipse the functions of the ps3, software is their biggest weakness along with bandwidth, its like a man with a weak wrist trying to go up against an NBA player
Motorstorm in 720p
Q: How much of the PS3���s capacity are you using with this game?
A:We are using all of the SPU processors and all of the memory
Message 89 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
588 posts

Jan 10, 2007
I am not sure why  5 mil is unrealistic, they have a huge manufacturing capacity, and access to manufacturing resources like China in a way no American company currently has.   Whether they sell all of this another story. As far as the network, just b/c it took msft 4 years doesn't mean it will take Sony 4 years.  It's stupid for him to say that. It took Mercedes decades to get where Lexus got in a few years, and that was entire luxury car, not just an online network.  It's not a huge wonderous accomplishment to make xbox live.
Message 90 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes