1751 posts

Re: Peter Moore trashes Sony's PS3

Jan 10, 2007

Qbanflak0 wrote:

Stromprophet2 wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

Burned with desire wrote:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22117

"They're struggling with some of their hardware issues, and apparently they're going to deliver another five million in the next 90 days."

Message Edited by Burned with desire on 01-10-2007 10:05 AM

I think out of all this psycho babble the most important thing he said was this:

""It's taken a company like Microsoft four solid years to get where we are today - the richness of the experience, the consistency of the experience, constantly updating features and making it feel fresh - and we're a software company and this is a software plane," he said."

That underlined part just proves what many of us has been saying. A network like this takes time to realize its full potentiel. With that said, its sort of telling that PSN falls short but NOT by far of the live service. So Sony been able to come close in one or two years (however long it took to make the PSN network) to doing what it has taken MS 4 yrs to do. Not only that, how many xbox 360s were shipped from the date of its launch to two months after world wide? If it wasn't as much as sony has shipped then he should really shut his trap.

Exactly. They are saying how are they going to ship 5 million consoles in the next 90 days.... So stupid. 360 could barely get more than 1 million to the US by the end of March...

If they paid attention they would know that PS3 production issues ended December 11th, with the announcement from Sony that they had gotten the blue laser diodes in order and production was now going smoothley. I guess he missed that memo.

strom they said SHIP i think by now we all know ms can mass produce rather fast afteral didnt they go from ship 10 million in under a month given their 7 million installbase ide round that to 3 million in a month shipped, im pretty sure its easily feasable for them to ship 5 million in 3 times that time.

I'm not sure you have the right context. The M$ guy was joking about PS3 having production issues and how were they going to get 5 million more units in the next 90 days (i.e. end of march)

360 numbers for NPD the first 5 months are barely over 1 million, I think it was close to 1.2 million for sales thru March. And they are gonna mock someone elses production issues? Worldwide sales are less than the US sales by a wide margin, so in 5 months 360 probably didn't even have 2 million total units even.

Why? They had production issues they couldn't resolve, and yet they are gonna mock someone who managed to ship 1 million to NA alone within 44 days. Get real....that's why I don't like M$.
Message 71 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1069 posts

Jan 10, 2007

GEEZER wrote:
MS will be doing a lot less trash talking when killer exclusives start appearing on the 360 and 360 games are on 4 discs. Sony is in it for the long haul and they won't disappoint.

agree !
Message 72 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
467 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Big Preme wrote:

PSWii60FTW wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

Qbanflak0 wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

"They're struggling with some of their hardware issues, and apparently they're going to deliver another five million in the next 90 days."

I think out of all this psycho babble the most important thing he said was this:

""It's taken a company like Microsoft four solid years to get where we are today - the richness of the experience, the consistency of the experience, constantly updating features and making it feel fresh - and we're a software company and this is a software plane," he said."

That underlined part just proves what many of us has been saying. A network like this takes time to realize its full potentiel. With that said, its sort of telling that PSN falls short but NOT by far of the live service. So Sony been able to come close in one or two years (however long it took to make the PSN network) to doing what it has taken MS 4 yrs to do. Not only that, how many xbox 360s were shipped from the date of its launch to two months after world wide? If it wasn't as much as sony has shipped then he should really shut his trap.

i dont see how PSN has come close to what live has sofar where do u get this from? the whole debate is on how far behind psn is. even compared to the launch live it still falls short especially in server bandwidth live has always had the best preformance sony falls dead short there.

Where do I get it from? I had xbox 1 on Day one of its launch. I had xbox live on day one of its launch and i can assure you xbox live back then was just about the same as PSN is right now. IT was NOTHING like it is today. PSN is a bit more advanced than the original live cause you didnt have the demo downloads like now, you didnt have movie trailer downloads like now, you definitly were not going to get 40 man servers, that was out of the questions generally 16 man servers. Umm lets say what else, You couldn't see PC players on your friends list (you can do this with xfire on the ps3). I mean for you to say such a thing is absurd to say the least and it lets me know your probably were not around on the original xbox and playing live for very long. I would spend 5 or 6 hours a day playing on live back then easy. Me and my clan creamed many a other clan on rainbow six and I also had steel battalion which I spent dumb amounts of time on.

So again your wrong, and in a debate you have two sides, one arguing for and against so my argument was FOR the PSN my friend.

Message Edited by Big Preme on 01-10-2007 10:28 AM

Too bad PSN is not competing with Live from four years ago.

Again its called common sense, t urn your brain on and use it. It will take time, xbox live when it first shipped on the 360 wasnt even what it is today. Your  being sort of silly here, but again I keep forgetting half of you probably know little to nothing about software engineering so this argument is sort of based on emotions and not reality.

And if sony ever catches up Live will have already evolved again.  Its a never ending cycle, and Microsoft is making money with their service so expect updates to come alot faster.
Xbox 360 owner since launch day. PS3 owner since launch day. I finished playing with my Wii when I was 14. Why not jump in and play b3yond.
Message 73 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4649 posts

Jan 10, 2007

RATEDPG30 wrote:

Qbanflak0 wrote:

RATEDPG30 wrote:

Qbanflak0 wrote:

SlyTheBoss wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:
It'd be a lot funnier if almost everything he said wasnt true,,,unfortunetly it is. PSN is about a joke right now and until they come up with something brilliant I wouldnt expect anything but negative remarks towards it.

Well,I don't care about online,it's all about solid sinlgle player mode.
 PSN may not be on LIVE level now,as he said it took them 4 years.
So dont expect wonders from Sony in less than 2 months.
PSN at least has better demos like GT:HD,T5:R,MK2 ect.

LOL, have you seen the demos on XBox Live?

live has demos for about 95% of its games, and its free

Videos don't count as demos.

im not counting videos, if i coulnted videos and online content it wouldnt be fair since that would exclipse anything PSN can offer.

You said 95% which is not true.  I never said anything about not having more than PSN.

i was being sarcastic, its been a while since ive gone to the demos list, but all of the known games are there, if a game is popular u can bet its on live for download. lets not nitpick just because barbies horse adventure isnt up for download now.
Motorstorm in 720p
Q: How much of the PS3���s capacity are you using with this game?
A:We are using all of the SPU processors and all of the memory
Message 74 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Big Preme wrote:

PSWii60FTW wrote:

Too bad PSN is not competing with Live from four years ago.

Again its called common sense, t urn your brain on and use it. It will take time, xbox live when it first shipped on the 360 wasnt even what it is today. Your  being sort of silly here, but again I keep forgetting half of you probably know little to nothing about software engineering so this argument is sort of based on emotions and not reality.

So? Sony knows what they are competing about. If I were to write a Word Processing software and hyped it like crazy but released it with only the features found in Write, don't you think the media or the competition wouldn't have a field day with it?
Message 75 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Big Preme wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

Qbanflak0 wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

i dont see how PSN has come close to what live has sofar where do u get this from? the whole debate is on how far behind psn is. even compared to the launch live it still falls short especially in server bandwidth live has always had the best preformance sony falls dead short there.

Where do I get it from? I had xbox 1 on Day one of its launch. I had xbox live on day one of its launch and i can assure you xbox live back then was just about the same as PSN is right now. IT was NOTHING like it is today. PSN is a bit more advanced than the original live cause you didnt have the demo downloads like now, you didnt have movie trailer downloads like now, you definitly were not going to get 40 man servers, that was out of the questions generally 16 man servers. Umm lets say what else, You couldn't see PC players on your friends list (you can do this with xfire on the ps3). I mean for you to say such a thing is absurd to say the least and it lets me know your probably were not around on the original xbox and playing live for very long. I would spend 5 or 6 hours a day playing on live back then easy. Me and my clan creamed many a other clan on rainbow six and I also had steel battalion which I spent dumb amounts of time on.

So again your wrong, and in a debate you have two sides, one arguing for and against so my argument was FOR the PSN my friend.

Black Hawk Down had 50 man dedicated servers on the original xbox....Live has always blown anything Playstation Online could offer.

Oh your right i forgot about that ONE game lol come on now, stop it.

If your going to brag about one game then why cant I? Live has mandatory mic support for EVERY game...PSN doesnt....Live has private chat in game, PSN doesnt.  Live has so many features that I cant even list them all. PSN has the bare minimum...dont get me wrong its ok for being free, but its no where near Live yet.

Message Edited by ProjectSatan on 01-10-2007 09:39 AM

Message Edited by ProjectSatan on 01-10-2007 09:40 AM
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

PSN: Hellucinate
XBL: ProjectSatan
Message 76 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10840 posts

Jan 10, 2007
Microsoft arrogance...

Message 77 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4649 posts

Jan 10, 2007

ProjectSatan wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

Qbanflak0 wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

Black Hawk Down had 50 man dedicated servers on the original xbox....Live has always blown anything Playstation Online could offer.

Oh your right i forgot about that ONE game lol come on now, stop it.

If your going to brag about one game then why cant I? Live has mandatory mic support for EVERY game...PSN doesnt....Live has private chat in game, PSN doesnt.  Live has so many features that I cant even list them all. PSN has the bare minimum...dont get me wrong its ok for being free, but its no where near Live yet.

Message Edited by ProjectSatan on 01-10-2007 09:39 AM

Message Edited by ProjectSatan on 01-10-2007 09:40 AM

Featuers MS requires on every game. ironically PSN wont be used in games like VF5 and TONY HAWK, kind of makes the point of calling PSN better a moot point, it wont be better if not all games support the damn thing, you can only consider demo shopping good for so long, psn lacks actual online game support.
Motorstorm in 720p
Q: How much of the PS3���s capacity are you using with this game?
A:We are using all of the SPU processors and all of the memory
Message 78 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
409 posts

Jan 10, 2007
They keep saying that they have a free service. Well, if they don't have anything, of course it's free. And you know what: what's free about $600?"

Well I ended up paying 500 for my xbox becuase of the hd add on and im still paying for live so in the long run im gettin ripped off by M$...

PS3 Name= Dynamlte (the i is a L cuz some awhole took dynamite..IF the guy who has dynamite is on this forum I would like to battle you for the name.)
Message 79 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2322 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Qbanflak0 wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

PSWii60FTW wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

Sony's network is not even close to live, and also, PSN can barely keep service up now, what do you think would happen if there were 5 million users like live.

Again your lying to yourself. Live offers friends list, PSN got that, Live offers 40 man servers, oh scratch that it doesn, PSN does that. Live has voice in game and PSN has that. The things PSN needs to improve on is a better feel of being a part of a large network. When you log onto live you feel like you just logged on to some BIG community, you dont feel like that on PSN. As far as the speed of the network and not going down, they need to work on that however xbox live which is four yrs old goes down at times as well, heck i twas down on friday for a few hours off and on. PSN also needs to have group chat on the dashboard like the original xbox has which the 360 doesnt evne support anymore. What else do you think they are missing they should add? That is a sincere question by the way not a bait into a argument.

i hope you u understand in the days of xbox 1 live had no restrictions to the number of players it had for some games going past 40, but now they do a thing called quality control they cap it to a reasonable number to ensure stability, sony just doesnt care it will throw in everyone it can and a year from now as the base grows 40 will get cut back when it starts to suck up game preformance. sony has no experience in the affect more users will have on the online platform they just dont care to look into it now. and seriously who needs 40 players for most of the games? ppl have a hard enough time finding a 6 man team let alone 40.

Again your lying to yoruself there was NO game on xbox live back that that had a unlimited number of players on a server. Name the game please.
Message 80 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes