Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Re: Peter Moore trashes Sony's PS3

Jan 10, 2007

Big Preme wrote:

Burned with desire wrote:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22117

"They're struggling with some of their hardware issues, and apparently they're going to deliver another five million in the next 90 days."

Message Edited by Burned with desire on 01-10-2007 10:05 AM

I think out of all this psycho babble the most important thing he said was this:

""It's taken a company like Microsoft four solid years to get where we are today - the richness of the experience, the consistency of the experience, constantly updating features and making it feel fresh - and we're a software company and this is a software plane," he said."

That underlined part just proves what many of us has been saying. A network like this takes time to realize its full potentiel. With that said, its sort of telling that PSN falls short but NOT by far of the live service. So Sony been able to come close in one or two years (however long it took to make the PSN network) to doing what it has taken MS 4 yrs to do. Not only that, how many xbox 360s were shipped from the date of its launch to two months after world wide? If it wasn't as much as sony has shipped then he should really shut his trap.

Exactly. They are saying how are they going to ship 5 million consoles in the next 90 days.... So stupid. 360 could barely get more than 1 million to the US by the end of March...

If they paid attention they would know that PS3 production issues ended December 11th, with the announcement from Sony that they had gotten the blue laser diodes in order and production was now going smoothley. I guess he missed that memo.
Message 51 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Bgamer wrote:

PSWii60FTW wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:
It'd be a lot funnier if almost everything he said wasnt true,,,unfortunetly it is. PSN is about a joke right now and until they come up with something brilliant I wouldnt expect anything but negative remarks towards it.

Well,I don't care about online,it's all about solid sinlgle player mode.
 PSN may not be on LIVE level now,as he said it took them 4 years.
So dont expect wonders from Sony in less than 2 months.
PSN at least has better demos like GT:HD,T5:R,MK2 ect.

I prefer real games over demos.  Unfortunately, PS3 only has one.

yep like other system a year ago what was it Call of Duty 2? and then a long drought when Oblivion came to the rescue.

Actually along with COD2 it had PGR3 and game that I enjoyed at the time, PDZ. It also had the addicitve fun arcade game geometry wars.

So Resistance is not the only game according to PSWii60FTW if I add Call of Duty 3 and RR7,FN3?

If you want to...
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 52 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jan 10, 2007
Live has demos for at least half of its games, so somewhere around 70 demos.

And Peter Moore is right. You cant beat Mr Gates!
Message 53 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4649 posts

Jan 10, 2007

RATEDPG30 wrote:

Qbanflak0 wrote:

SlyTheBoss wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:
It'd be a lot funnier if almost everything he said wasnt true,,,unfortunetly it is. PSN is about a joke right now and until they come up with something brilliant I wouldnt expect anything but negative remarks towards it.

LOL, have you seen the demos on XBox Live?

live has demos for about 95% of its games, and its free

Videos don't count as demos.

im not counting videos, if i coulnted videos and online content it wouldnt be fair since that would exclipse anything PSN can offer.
Motorstorm in 720p
Q: How much of the PS3���s capacity are you using with this game?
A:We are using all of the SPU processors and all of the memory
Message 54 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1672 posts

Jan 10, 2007
What is with all the Xbots and Sony bashers on here....grow up kids.

You guys all think that Live is the best thing about gaming, maybe to you guys.  Only 50% of 360 owners use Live, including the Silver service (according to M$'s own stats they released at CES.)

What can you take from that?  That online gaming isn't as crucial as all you uber hardcore nerdy gamers think.  All the PSN has to offer is something that can do all the functions that Live can......and I'd argue it does a pretty dang close job.  Is it as streamlined or as quick at this time.....NO.  But it's free, and does almost everything that Live can do.

About the 5 million machines in 90 days.  They got over 1 million shipped out in just over 30 days.....not sure why they can't get close to 5 million in 90 days with ramp ups in production.

I like the 360 and Wii too, but some of you guys are pathetic for coming here just to flame and troll.  If this is the 360 fans way of supporting there machine it's sad.

Message 55 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2322 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Qbanflak0 wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22117

"They're struggling with some of their hardware issues, and apparently they're going to deliver another five million in the next 90 days."

Message Edited by Burned with desire on 01-10-2007 10:05 AM

I think out of all this psycho babble the most important thing he said was this:

""It's taken a company like Microsoft four solid years to get where we are today - the richness of the experience, the consistency of the experience, constantly updating features and making it feel fresh - and we're a software company and this is a software plane," he said."

That underlined part just proves what many of us has been saying. A network like this takes time to realize its full potentiel. With that said, its sort of telling that PSN falls short but NOT by far of the live service. So Sony been able to come close in one or two years (however long it took to make the PSN network) to doing what it has taken MS 4 yrs to do. Not only that, how many xbox 360s were shipped from the date of its launch to two months after world wide? If it wasn't as much as sony has shipped then he should really shut his trap.

i dont see how PSN has come close to what live has sofar where do u get this from? the whole debate is on how far behind psn is. even compared to the launch live it still falls short especially in server bandwidth live has always had the best preformance sony falls dead short there.

Where do I get it from? I had xbox 1 on Day one of its launch. I had xbox live on day one of its launch and i can assure you xbox live back then was just about the same as PSN is right now. IT was NOTHING like it is today. PSN is a bit more advanced than the original live cause you didnt have the demo downloads like now, you didnt have movie trailer downloads like now, you definitly were not going to get 40 man servers, that was out of the questions generally 16 man servers. Umm lets say what else, You couldn't see PC players on your friends list (you can do this with xfire on the ps3). I mean for you to say such a thing is absurd to say the least and it lets me know your probably were not around on the original xbox and playing live for very long. I would spend 5 or 6 hours a day playing on live back then easy. Me and my clan creamed many a other clan on rainbow six and I also had steel battalion which I spent dumb amounts of time on.

So again your wrong, and in a debate you have two sides, one arguing for and against so my argument was FOR the PSN my friend.

Message Edited by Big Preme on 01-10-2007 10:28 AM
Message 56 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6346 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Qbanflak0 wrote:

Bgamer wrote:

PSWii60FTW wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:

I prefer real games over demos.  Unfortunately, PS3 only has one.

yep like other system a year ago what was it Call of Duty 2? and then a long drought when Oblivion came to the rescue.

Actually along with COD2 it had PGR3 and game that I enjoyed at the time, PDZ. It also had the addicitve fun arcade game geometry wars.

So Resistance is not the only game according to PSWii60FTW if I add Call of Duty 3 and RR7,FN3?

why did u switch the argument from better demos to actual games? i dont see the point to it other then u cant come up with a way of saying psn has better demos lol

argument? not really,we're all unbiased gamers

Message Edited by Burned with desire on 01-10-2007 10:29 AM
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 57 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Jan 10, 2007

RATEDPG30 wrote:

Qbanflak0 wrote:

SlyTheBoss wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:

Whos counting videos?  Live currently has 55 fully playable game demos....thats not including the demos for all the arcade games....theres currently 42 of those.
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

PSN: Hellucinate
XBL: ProjectSatan
Message 58 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jan 10, 2007

PS-4life wrote:
What is with all the Xbots and Sony bashers on here....grow up kids.

You guys all think that Live is the best thing about gaming, maybe to you guys.  Only 50% of 360 owners use Live, including the Silver service (according to M$'s own stats they released at CES.)

What can you take from that?  That online gaming isn't as crucial as all you uber hardcore nerdy gamers think lol.. yet you tell others to grow up?.  All the PSN has to offer is something that can do all the functions that Live can......and I'd argue it does a pretty dang close job.  Is it as streamlined or as quick at this time.....NO.  But it's free, and does almost everything that Live can do 

About the 5 million machines in 90 days.  They got over 1 million shipped out in just over 30 days.....not sure why they can't get close to 5 million in 90 days with ramp ups in production.

I like the 360 and Wii too, but some of you guys are pathetic for coming here just to flame and troll.  If this is the 360 fans way of supporting there machine it's sad.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 59 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
467 posts

Jan 10, 2007

RATEDPG30 wrote:

Qbanflak0 wrote:

SlyTheBoss wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:

They have more than 60 game demos, and hundreds of game videos.
Xbox 360 owner since launch day. PS3 owner since launch day. I finished playing with my Wii when I was 14. Why not jump in and play b3yond.
Message 60 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes