6346 posts

Re: Peter Moore trashes Sony's PS3

Jan 10, 2007

Bgamer wrote:

Burned with desire wrote:

PSWii60FTW wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:
It'd be a lot funnier if almost everything he said wasnt true,,,unfortunetly it is. PSN is about a joke right now and until they come up with something brilliant I wouldnt expect anything but negative remarks towards it.

Well,I don't care about online,it's all about solid sinlgle player mode.
 PSN may not be on LIVE level now,as he said it took them 4 years.
So dont expect wonders from Sony in less than 2 months.
PSN at least has better demos like GT:HD,T5:R,MK2 ect.

I prefer real games over demos.  Unfortunately, PS3 only has one.

yep like other system a year ago what was it Call of Duty 2? and then a long drought when Oblivion came to the rescue.

Actually along with COD2 it had PGR3 and game that I enjoyed at the time, PDZ. It also had the addicitve fun arcade game geometry wars.

So Resistance is not the only game according to PSWii60FTW if I add Call of Duty 3 and RR7,FN3?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 41 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Bgamer wrote:

PSWii60FTW wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:
It'd be a lot funnier if almost everything he said wasnt true,,,unfortunetly it is. PSN is about a joke right now and until they come up with something brilliant I wouldnt expect anything but negative remarks towards it.

yep like other system a year ago what was it Call of Duty 2? and then a long drought when Oblivion came to the rescue.

Actually along with COD2 it had PGR3 and a game that I enjoyed at the time, PDZ. It also had the addicitve/ fun arcade game geometry wars.

Message Edited by Bgamer on 01-10-2007 10:19 AM

I bought Kameo for the kids (yes really) earlier this week for $19.99 and although I wasn't impressed with the demo, the game itself is way behond what I expected. Once you pass that demo level, it becomes really cool!

Message 42 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
467 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Big Preme wrote:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22117

"They're struggling with some of their hardware issues, and apparently they're going to deliver another five million in the next 90 days."

Message Edited by Burned with desire on 01-10-2007 10:05 AM

I think out of all this psycho babble the most important thing he said was this:

""It's taken a company like Microsoft four solid years to get where we are today - the richness of the experience, the consistency of the experience, constantly updating features and making it feel fresh - and we're a software company and this is a software plane," he said."

That underlined part just proves what many of us has been saying. A network like this takes time to realize its full potentiel. With that said, its sort of telling that PSN falls short but NOT by far of the live service. So Sony been able to come close in one or two years (however long it took to make the PSN network) to doing what it has taken MS 4 yrs to do. Not only that, how many xbox 360s were shipped from the date of its launch to two months after world wide? If it wasn't as much as sony has shipped then he should really shut his trap.

Sony's network is not even close to live, and also, PSN can barely keep service up now, what do you think would happen if there were 5 million users like live.
Xbox 360 owner since launch day. PS3 owner since launch day. I finished playing with my Wii when I was 14. Why not jump in and play b3yond.
Message 43 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4649 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Bgamer wrote:

PSWii60FTW wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:

Actually along with COD2 it had PGR3 and game that I enjoyed at the time, PDZ. It also had the addicitve fun arcade game geometry wars.

So Resistance is not the only game according to PSWii60FTW if I add Call of Duty 3 and RR7,FN3?

why did u switch the argument from better demos to actual games? i dont see the point to it other then u cant come up with a way of saying psn has better demos lol
Motorstorm in 720p
Q: How much of the PS3���s capacity are you using with this game?
A:We are using all of the SPU processors and all of the memory
Message 44 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
822 posts

Jan 10, 2007
The guy is a moron, and it looks like he can't do math.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 45 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4649 posts

Jan 10, 2007

PSWii60FTW wrote:

Big Preme wrote:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22117

"They're struggling with some of their hardware issues, and apparently they're going to deliver another five million in the next 90 days."

Message Edited by Burned with desire on 01-10-2007 10:05 AM

I think out of all this psycho babble the most important thing he said was this:

""It's taken a company like Microsoft four solid years to get where we are today - the richness of the experience, the consistency of the experience, constantly updating features and making it feel fresh - and we're a software company and this is a software plane," he said."

That underlined part just proves what many of us has been saying. A network like this takes time to realize its full potentiel. With that said, its sort of telling that PSN falls short but NOT by far of the live service. So Sony been able to come close in one or two years (however long it took to make the PSN network) to doing what it has taken MS 4 yrs to do. Not only that, how many xbox 360s were shipped from the date of its launch to two months after world wide? If it wasn't as much as sony has shipped then he should really shut his trap.

Sony's network is not even close to live, and also, PSN can barely keep service up now, what do you think would happen if there were 5 million users like live.

well theoretically speaking if it had 5 million then PSN would have about 5 times the lag wich basically would require well over a day to download a demo.
Motorstorm in 720p
Q: How much of the PS3���s capacity are you using with this game?
A:We are using all of the SPU processors and all of the memory
Message 46 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Jan 10, 2007

SlyTheBoss wrote:

Bgamer wrote:

PSWii60FTW wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:

Actually along with COD2 it had PGR3 and a game that I enjoyed at the time, PDZ. It also had the addicitve/ fun arcade game geometry wars.

Message Edited by Bgamer on 01-10-2007 10:19 AM

I bought Kameo for the kids (yes really) earlier this week for $19.99 and although I wasn't impressed with the demo, the game itself is way behond what I expected. Once you pass that demo level, it becomes really cool!

I bring this game up all the time....the game is simply amazing at times, the lush colors the hundreds of enemies on screen at one time. The only thing it lacks is length, Kameo and Condemned were my fav launch games and neither get the credit that they deserve.

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

PSN: Hellucinate
XBL: ProjectSatan
Message 47 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
705 posts

Jan 10, 2007
DAMN MAN... WHY ARE YOU ALL POUTING OVER THE PSN NETWORK..Sony has already stated they will do a major update in March (Euro Launch)
why would they do double work ? ..BE PATIENT

If I were  paying for I'd have an argument, I'm not so it doesn't bother me.. M$ is charging 50 bucks in some cases for their service ..SO EXPECTED IT TO BE BETTER

IF SONY COMES THROUGH WHICH I BELIEVE THEY WILL..

M$ needs to worry about that new OS gettign ready to come out and its issues ..they have their priorities wrong if you ask me
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Message 48 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
467 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Bgamer wrote:

PSWii60FTW wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:

Except I finished playing FN3 eight months ago.  COD3 has documented slowdown on PS3 and less online features.  RR7 also has documented slowdown and the background textures pale in comparison to RR6 which was released a year ago.
Xbox 360 owner since launch day. PS3 owner since launch day. I finished playing with my Wii when I was 14. Why not jump in and play b3yond.
Message 49 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4173 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Qbanflak0 wrote:

SlyTheBoss wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:

LOL, have you seen the demos on XBox Live?

live has demos for about 95% of its games, and its free

Videos don't count as demos.
Message 50 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes