Fender Bender
4649 posts

Re: Peter Moore trashes Sony's PS3

Jan 10, 2007

SlyTheBoss wrote:

Burned with desire wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:
It'd be a lot funnier if almost everything he said wasnt true,,,unfortunetly it is. PSN is about a joke right now and until they come up with something brilliant I wouldnt expect anything but negative remarks towards it.

Well,I don't care about online,it's all about solid sinlgle player mode.
 PSN may not be on LIVE level now,as he said it took them 4 years.
So dont expect wonders from Sony in less than 2 months.
PSN at least has better demos like GT:HD,T5:R,MK2 ect.

LOL, have you seen the demos on XBox Live?

live has demos for about 95% of its games, and its free
Motorstorm in 720p
Q: How much of the PS3���s capacity are you using with this game?
A:We are using all of the SPU processors and all of the memory
Message 31 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6346 posts

Jan 10, 2007

PSWii60FTW wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:
It'd be a lot funnier if almost everything he said wasnt true,,,unfortunetly it is. PSN is about a joke right now and until they come up with something brilliant I wouldnt expect anything but negative remarks towards it.

I prefer real games over demos.  Unfortunately, PS3 only has one.

yep like other system a year ago what was it Call of Duty 2? and then a long drought when Oblivion came to the rescue.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Jan 10, 2007

ProjectSatan wrote:

Which is cool for you, but us online fanatics see Peter Moores words as truth....Im not saying sony cant deliver the goods, Im just saying for the time being they arent.
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

PSN: Hellucinate
XBL: ProjectSatan
Message 33 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
483 posts

Jan 10, 2007

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22117

"They're struggling with some of their hardware issues, and apparently they're going to deliver another five million in the next 90 days."

Message Edited by Burned with desire on 01-10-2007 10:05 AM

Who cares?  Peter Moore is a **bleep** bag.

"A flute with no holes isn't a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a danish."
Message 34 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jan 10, 2007

GEEZER wrote:
MS will be doing a lot less trash talking when killer exclusives start appearing on the 360 how when most are made by MS studios? and 360 games are on 4 discs If they are good games no one really would care except the bashers.... Sony is in it for the long haul and they won't disappoint They've already dissapointed some. Hopefully things get better...

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 35 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4649 posts

Jan 10, 2007

GEEZER wrote:
MS will be doing a lot less trash talking when killer exclusives start appearing on the 360 and 360 games are on 4 discs. Sony is in it for the long haul and they won't disappoint.

Ms will stop the trash talk when 2 things are met:

1- Sony Shuts up with their end of the trash talk
2- Sony walks the walk and can back up all their bs hype

Motorstorm in 720p
Message 36 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2322 posts

Jan 10, 2007

"They're struggling with some of their hardware issues, and apparently they're going to deliver another five million in the next 90 days."

I think out of all this psycho babble the most important thing he said was this:

""It's taken a company like Microsoft four solid years to get where we are today - the richness of the experience, the consistency of the experience, constantly updating features and making it feel fresh - and we're a software company and this is a software plane," he said."

That underlined part just proves what many of us has been saying. A network like this takes time to realize its full potentiel. With that said, its sort of telling that PSN falls short but NOT by far of the live service. So Sony been able to come close in one or two years (however long it took to make the PSN network) to doing what it has taken MS 4 yrs to do. Not only that, how many xbox 360s were shipped from the date of its launch to two months after world wide? If it wasn't as much as sony has shipped then he should really shut his trap.
Message 37 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jan 10, 2007

PSWii60FTW wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:

I prefer real games over demos.  Unfortunately, PS3 only has one.

yep like other system a year ago what was it Call of Duty 2? and then a long drought when Oblivion came to the rescue.

Actually along with COD2 it had PGR3 and a game that I enjoyed at the time, PDZ. It also had the addicitve/ fun arcade game geometry wars.

Message Edited by Bgamer on 01-10-2007 10:19 AM
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 38 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 10, 2007
if ps3's market place is ever going to be any good,they will have to charge for it......Xbox 360s live is amazingly good.......Well worth 50 bucks a year...I cant believe anyone would complain paying that fee when you spent 600 on the unit ,plus games ect...........
Message 39 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4649 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Big Preme wrote:

I think out of all this psycho babble the most important thing he said was this:

""It's taken a company like Microsoft four solid years to get where we are today - the richness of the experience, the consistency of the experience, constantly updating features and making it feel fresh - and we're a software company and this is a software plane," he said."

That underlined part just proves what many of us has been saying. A network like this takes time to realize its full potentiel. With that said, its sort of telling that PSN falls short but NOT by far of the live service. So Sony been able to come close in one or two years (however long it took to make the PSN network) to doing what it has taken MS 4 yrs to do. Not only that, how many xbox 360s were shipped from the date of its launch to two months after world wide? If it wasn't as much as sony has shipped then he should really shut his trap.

i dont see how PSN has come close to what live has sofar where do u get this from? the whole debate is on how far behind psn is. even compared to the launch live it still falls short especially in server bandwidth live has always had the best preformance sony falls dead short there.
Motorstorm in 720p
Message 40 of 132 (1 View)
0 Likes