Jun 19 2012
By: dulun18 Limit Breaker 22635 posts

Pay weekly or Bi-weekly or Monthly?

9 replies 185 views Edited Jun 19, 2012

which would you rather have??

in don't know.. monthly is too long of a wait..

but then again.. that's why you have credit cards.. to hold out until payday??..   LOL

biweekly is ok.. but it would be nice if i can get pay WEEKLY instead..

which would you prefer??

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Pay weekly or Bi-weekly or Monthly?

Jun 19, 2012

My current job has a weekly pay scale, and its awesome, bi-weekly isnt too bad( every other week you get a large check ) but you need to budget your $.

Weekly rocks.

Message 2 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22635 posts

Jun 19, 2012

Morph1ous wrote:

My current job has a weekly pay scale, and its awesome, bi-weekly isnt too bad( every other week you get a large check ) but you need to budget your $.

Weekly rocks.

my next payday is this week

and i'll receive a check for bi-weekly and another for monthly!!   it will be nice!!

for a student.. being able to read my books and study when i'm not working (right on the job)  there are few jobs like this out there

Message 3 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jun 19, 2012

You've got to budget no matter how you get paid but it's harder monthly IMO. If there's an unexpected expense it's tough. When I work I get paid weekly but unemployment is bi-weekly and about half the money. I really have to budget and squirrel away what I can when I'm working. I'm not lazy or have trouble holding a job. I work construction. When the building is done being built or upgraded or the nuclear plant is done with refueling and maintenance I'm laid off until something else breaks. That's just the way it goes. Construction has taken a hit with this economy.

Message 4 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7101 posts

Jun 20, 2012

More frequently is better, but I get paid monthly and it's not a problem; it just takes a little planning.

Message 5 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Jun 20, 2012

I prefer bi-weekly. More frequent paychecks are always good to me.

Message 6 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22635 posts

Jun 20, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

You've got to budget no matter how you get paid but it's harder monthly IMO. If there's an unexpected expense it's tough. When I work I get paid weekly but unemployment is bi-weekly and about half the money. I really have to budget and squirrel away what I can when I'm working. I'm not lazy or have trouble holding a job. I work construction. When the building is done being built or upgraded or the nuclear plant is done with refueling and maintenance I'm laid off until something else breaks. That's just the way it goes. Construction has taken a hit with this economy.

Photobucket simpsonsfamilyhouse

looks like it's pretty tough in your field of work there..

you working as a contractor ??

Message 7 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jun 20, 2012

dulun18 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

No. I'm a Union Electrician. Proud member of the I.B.E.W.. When a contractor needs help they call the Union Hall and request however many men they need and off we go. It is tough. Lots of competition from Non-Union but they took a hit too. There just isn't much being built or upgraded with this economy. It'll turn around. It goes in cycles of boom and bust. Just got to make it to the next boom.

Message 8 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22635 posts

Jun 20, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

No. I'm a Union Electrician. Proud member of the I.B.E.W.. When a contractor needs help they call the Union Hall and request however many men they need and off we go. It is tough. Lots of competition from Non-Union but they took a hit too. There just isn't much being built or upgraded with this economy. It'll turn around. It goes in cycles of boom and bust. Just got to make it to the next boom.

the house problem and things..years and years..

honestly.. i'm not sure when things will be going to turn around....

i guess i this economy .. we should feel lucky if you are working?? since there are those that are not??

Message 9 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Jun 23, 2012

Weekly for me.

I'd like to think I'm financially responsible enough to survive a bi-weekly or monthly pay cycle, but I'm not.

Message 10 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes