Nov 17 2013
By: Nightingale1408 First Son 1 posts

PSN Friends

2 replies 75 views Edited Nov 17, 2013

I'm not sure if this has already been brought up and talked about, but here it goes. I had been worried that I would lose my PSN friends or more specifically, my PSN friends list, because of the PS4 launching, and the changes that would come to the network, and I don't quite have the money yet to buy a PS4. I still have my PS3 for now. At first I was told by someone at Gamestop that I would still have all of my friends, and that there would be nothing to worry about. But now, since the PS4 launch, even though I still have my friends on my PS3, I can't see who's online for who has a PS4. Strangely enough, I can still send and receive messages, but I can't see them online, but I think they can still see me. Why is this? How come I can't see my friends online that have a PS4, but they can see me? How come I'm still able to send and receive messages, even though we would be on different systems even though we can't see who's online? Isn't everything connected to the PSN? No offense, but this seems rather silly. I hope that maybe one day there could be a PSN update that could fully connect everybody, no matter what system you were on, be it PS3, PS4, or even the PSP/Vita. I hope someone can explain this, because I really don't understand it, one because if there is an actual tech reason, I'm not very tech savvy at all, and two, I just don't understand it because again it seems very silly. Unless it's some kind of mess up or error with the PSN. I'm actually really bummed out since the people I play with are all good friends of mine lol. >.< Smiley Sad 

Message 1 of 3 (75 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8960 posts

Re: PSN Friends

Nov 17, 2013

Welcome to the forum.You cannot see your friends online if they are on the PS4 i don't know if they will update this so we can see the friends added online.On the Playstation Vita you can see who is online even if they are on the PS3 or PS4.

KANE-FIRE

Message 2 of 3 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3596 posts

Re: PSN Friends

Nov 17, 2013
Again, this is an issue I wish i had... Quiero PS4.
I can here hurtful. I can be purple. I can be anything you like.
Message 3 of 3 (66 Views)
0 Likes