Highlighted
Aug 21 2013
By: MrDiscoDucks First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

PS4 compatible with PS2 and PS1 games?

3 replies 121 views Edited Aug 21, 2013

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can play your PS2 and PS1 games on the PS4.  This for me is going to be the breaking point, where I'm either all in or not.  I know the PS4 can play PS3 games, but it never said if it was compatible with PS2 and PS1 games.

I do not wish to buy PS2 or PS1 games online (especially when I already have them) for the PS4 and could go through the process of hooking up the older systems, This is what I am trying to avoid.  It would be a LOT easier to be able to play any PlayStation game on one system.  

I know that certain PS3 systems can play PS2 and PS1, but of course the one I have will only let me play PS1 games.  

I want a system that can let me play all of my PlayStation games, ranging from the newest system to the oldest system all to be in just one system.  I am hoping that the PS4 is going to be that system. 

Message 1 of 4 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Re: PS4 compatible with PS2 and PS1 games?

Aug 21, 2013
welcome to the forums.

You cannot play ps1, ps2, and ps3 disks on the ps4. Gaikai will be able to stream select ps1, ps2, and ps3 games to your ps4.
Message 2 of 4 (119 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39470 posts

Aug 21, 2013
Message 3 of 4 (114 Views)
Wastelander
657 posts

Aug 21, 2013

MrDiscoDucks wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can play your PS2 and PS1 games on the PS4.  This for me is going to be the breaking point, where I'm either all in or not.  I know the PS4 can play PS3 games, but it never said if it was compatible with PS2 and PS1 games.

I do not wish to buy PS2 or PS1 games online (especially when I already have them) for the PS4 and could go through the process of hooking up the older systems, This is what I am trying to avoid.  It would be a LOT easier to be able to play any PlayStation game on one system.  

I know that certain PS3 systems can play PS2 and PS1, but of course the one I have will only let me play PS1 games.  

I want a system that can let me play all of my PlayStation games, ranging from the newest system to the oldest system all to be in just one system.  I am hoping that the PS4 is going to be that system. 

I wanted this feature before but after my 8350 arrived and my 760 4GB FTW arrived I feel like I'm on steroids.

The only cons so far in my opinion are that I'm not going to be socializing enough and people are going to think I'm crazy... well I don't socialize anyways but if I play video games they would find something to blame it on lol... what was I talking about? oh yeah about my PC lol

Message 4 of 4 (98 Views)
0 Likes