Highlighted
Apr 28 2013
By: iRpiNoYx3 Monster Hunter 32 posts

PS3 virus

4 replies 127 views Edited Apr 28, 2013

I been thinking about this question for a little while and i looked it up but is it possible for a PS3 to get a virus by visiting a bad website(you know what i mean "bad" website) or by the downloading a theme from another site instead of the ps3??

Message 1 of 5 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4576 posts

Re: PS3 virus

Apr 28, 2013
Yes so to speak. Just don't install any third party software since those can carry malicious files.

The virus would have to only be for the PS3. Just like Mac users, they too can get viruses. It's just that most viruses that are created are towards people who use a Windows computer.
Message 2 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Maybe its a good thing people havent adopted web browsing through their ps3s then en masse. If that were the case maybe more virii would be in circulation. I wonder how many do exist though, what they do and what a solution if any? for a system without removable parts infected would be.
Support Forums
Message 3 of 5 (107 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9851 posts

Apr 28, 2013

iRpiNoYx3 wrote:

I been thinking about this question for a little while and i looked it up but is it possible for a PS3 to get a virus by visiting a bad website(you know what i mean "bad" website) or by the downloading a theme from another site instead of the ps3??

PS3 is a computer, so I guess it is possible. But I have never heard of a PS3 getting a virus. I have downloaded many themes and photos and video and music from countless websites over the years, and I never got a virus in either of my PS3s. (And yes. I have been to a few of those "bad" websites) still no virus for my PS3.

alive.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 4 of 5 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2613 posts

Apr 28, 2013

While it is possible for a PS3 to get a virus, it is exremely likely that those virus won't effect the PS3 due to the virus being designed to run on Windows or MACs. That is why MAC once held the title of virus free, since practically every virus was designed for Windows. Plus if there was a virus outthere designed for PS3 the olny practical place you could put it where it might take hold are gaming related places. Plus coding for the Cell is really hard.

To recap, due to amount of use and difficultly of coding for the Cell a virus on PS3 is highyl unlikely to be able to do anything to your PlayStation.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 5 of 5 (91 Views)