Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3674 posts

Re: PS3 cant play music over a game... but 360 can?

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

Seriously?  You sound like a spoiled Xbrat360 fan.  No offense, but if music is really THAT important to you, here is a quick workaround for the failings of your PS3:  Get an iPod!

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 40 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5448 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

Brett_Hicks wrote:

meh, Im not gonna shell out cash for something when it could easily be patched into the console... I mean I can download gigabytes of data in the background, but not play music in the foreground?

jip

Actually, the reason that it's an optional feature is that the developers have to choose to allocate RAM to the process of replacing the soundtrack, so, one system-wide patch would not fix it, as much as I wish that were the case.

The PS4, however, has more than enough RAM at its disposal, and I can say that Music Unlimited plays music over top of games quite easily, without restriction.  I imagine that the MP3 support that's coming will be implemented the same way.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 40 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Dec 3, 2013

OP, just use a MP3 player. I believe everyone has one nowadays.

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 40 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4334 posts

Dec 3, 2013
...iPod or MP3 Player? Or a radio? Or another television with another Playstation?

Driving.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 40 (136 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5448 posts

Dec 3, 2013

rengle598 wrote:
...iPod or MP3 Player? Or a radio? Or another television with another Playstation?

I understand the OP's frustration, for sure.  "Solving" the issue by providing an alternate way to listen to music does nothing to quesll the frustration of the console not being able to do it on its own (see my thoughts on this same issue on the PS4).  I don't think that anyone with in-game music support questions doesn't know how to work a computer, MP3 player, smartphone, or tablet.

That's not the point.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 40 (134 Views)
PlayStation MVP
24341 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

Wait a minute... you mean the Ford Fusion can't actually fly???? Why would they make that commmercial??? AAAAAAAAAAAAH FALSE ADVERTISING!! BAIT AND SWITCH!!

Seriously though folks, the PS3 has limited RAM, and it's really up to the developers and how they manage it if they want to implement in game music. This is not "news", this is not because they're "lazy" which seems to be one of the standard gamer outrage talking points, and welcome to 2007.

If you were interested, there has been EXTENSIVE discussion on this, and it would not have made your computer explode to search it out. There is also a list of games that DO have in game music.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS3-PSN-Games-with-Custom-Soundtracks/m-p...

Personally I'm still a big believer that music is it's own form of entertainment, and I see no value in forcing an image over a song in order to make it into a music video.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 40 (127 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

ah yes, being called a... what... xbrat360 fan? whatever that is.... lol, nah, Im just pointing out, that the other console, does something this one doesnt, if that makes me seem like a fanboy to you, well, sorry, I have just as many sony games and microsoft games on my shelf....

as for other people, who ever said I didnt like the games soundtrack? I mean, read all my posts people

I wanna play music while Im speedrunning, or farming for experience, or just hunting trophies

this is my second ps3, a new account, only a few months old, I played back through several games, just for the completion and the trophies, it would have been nice if instead of listening to rico spew anger at sev, I could have enjoyed slayer while blasting helghast

and I really dont understand all the excuses? "get this, get that, oh oh, get a whole nother ps3 to play music"(so many yo dawg memes just popped into my head) or.... how about this, I understand its a wild concept, how about Ps3 release an app, or an update, that just forces the music to play? I mean, I dont think its that difficult.... this thing has had so many revisions, hell the og one used to play ps2 games(still **bleep** **bleep** off about that) how difficult is music?

as for the latest post, that thing can fly, get a ramp :smileytongue:

Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 40 (121 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5448 posts

Dec 3, 2013

Brett_Hicks wrote:

read all my posts people

and I really dont understand all the excuses? "get this, get that, oh oh, get a whole nother ps3 to play music"(so many yo dawg memes just popped into my head) or.... how about this, I understand its a wild concept, how about Ps3 release an app, or an update, that just forces the music to play? I mean, I dont think its that difficult.... this thing has had so many revisions, hell the og one used to play ps2 games(still **bleep** **bleep** off about that) how difficult is music?

Maybe you should read other people's posts, too. :smileywink:  

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Brett_Hicks wrote:

meh, Im not gonna shell out cash for something when it could easily be patched into the console... I mean I can download gigabytes of data in the background, but not play music in the foreground?

jip

Actually, the reason that it's an optional feature is that the developers have to choose to allocate RAM to the process of replacing the soundtrack, so, one system-wide patch would not fix it, as much as I wish that were the case.

The PS4, however, has more than enough RAM at its disposal, and I can say that Music Unlimited plays music over top of games quite easily, without restriction.  I imagine that the MP3 support that's coming will be implemented the same way.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 40 (113 Views)
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Dec 3, 2013

OP, the RAM comments are your answer.

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 40 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 3, 2013

Why do you keep bringing up the ps4? ya know, I kinda already spent some cash on this other system, with other games I wanted to play, that arent supported on the ps4?

so to fix one of my issues, you wanna make lik 6 new ones?

really?

Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 40 (107 Views)
0 Likes