First Son
24 posts

Re: PS3 cant play music over a game... but 360 can?

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

more excuses? yeesh, why doesnt the ps3 ya know... do everything

I mean is it so difficult, if microsoft can do it, surely sony would have no problem... but no, just laziness

man  if there was only some way that this 300 dollar device in front of me could import music and then play it back for me.... OH WAIT

how about you create some solutions for me, Im the one who asked the questions here....

Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition
Message 11 of 40 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 3, 2013

and wait? did I read redundancy?

you mean like how sony thought no one played ps2 games anymore and removed a key feature?

ZING

Message 12 of 40 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

Brett_Hicks wrote:

I dont understand how it is that Sony can say Ps3 only does "everything" when its just a blatant lie

I paid 300 bucks for this thing, all I would like is to have my own custom soundtrack while I blast helghast, defy the gods of olympus, or sneak around some metal gears...

but nope...

There is no justification for this, I mean you cant just update the system? Ive heard it before "oh but developers need to program it in" no they dont, Sony just needs to stop being lazy and make the Playstation Menu(the one you hit the guide button for) override this crap about "Music content cannot be played during use of this game" orly? really? its sooooo hard for this system to multitask???

I call bull****, that stupid 360 I bought years ago could play music over GTA4 and Gears of War right out the box I brought it home in, but Sony still hasnt made this BASIC FUNCTION WORK???

Fail....

Friend, I thought I would never see this topic again. But seeing as you want an reason and not excuses I will provide you with one. 

I'm sure you don't believe every bit of advertising you've seen in your life. If you did, and still do, that is a problem; correct it. The PS3 does not do eveything, please accept that truth. One more thing, it is not a basic function simply because the 360 can do it. A basic function on a game console would be playing games, friend.

First let me say, the PS3 is capable of in-game music, just as many PS3 games are capable to be played via remote play. A fine example is Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. Years back, using the PS3's relatively new in-game XMB I was able to select and play music files that would replace the in-game soundtrack. There are other games as well, Burnout Paradise (to some extent) and a list populated with such titles can be found with a simple Bing search.

However, not all games, or rather most games, do not have this feature. Like the PS3's remoteplay, the problem lies in that it is an optional feature. It's use is determined by the developer of the game that you happen to be playing. Why would the developers not enable this sought after function? RAM. The PS3's RAM is different from the 360's RAM and the way it is structured on the PS3 severely limits whatever extra fuctions may be tacked on. 

There is your reason. Since you do not want to hear it, I will not suggest any alternatives. Although the others have suggested the most common ones. Fail is not a noun and it is not to be used as such, old sport. Have fun with your newly acquired PlayStation 3.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 13 of 40 (190 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Dec 3, 2013

Im really just wondering why your text is red?

actually its my second ps3... the first one had that lil yellow light issue...

Message 14 of 40 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Dec 3, 2013

My text is always red, friend. If I come of as brusque or callous because of it please forgive me.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 15 of 40 (182 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Dec 3, 2013

gotta be honest, least you are relatively nice, I will commend you for that

just saying, the red text is a pain on the eyes

Message 16 of 40 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Dec 3, 2013
Astro what? Astro Mixamp. Apparently you have never heard of it. Its an audio device that offers 7.1 surround sound for headphones. It also has a port for a portable media player to stream your music to your game. I like the 360's media player which transcodes everything to 160kbps, you can actually stream high quality audio.

And darknovaxp is right. PS3 can do it in some games and the feature wasn't available in the background because of the systems ram.

PS4 can stream music in game through music unlimited. MP3 support will be added later.
Message 17 of 40 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 3, 2013

meh, Im not gonna shell out cash for something when it could easily be patched into the console... I mean I can download gigabytes of data in the background, but not play music in the foreground?

jip

Message 18 of 40 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Dec 3, 2013

The choice in colour made sense at some point before the forum layout changed, but I understand where you come from. Glad I could answer your question.

Fabulous!
Message 19 of 40 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Dec 3, 2013

its just one small feature they dont have... not the end of the world lol. Go buy a stereo and play music with that why dont you

Message 20 of 40 (143 Views)
0 Likes