Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3877 posts

Re: BESTBUY SCAMMED ME, Defective 40gig inside my mgs4 80gig bundle !!!! HELP

Aug 7, 2008
If they didn't give you a number to call or a case number/file number or something I would either go back or call for an update and ask/demand/beg whatever you need to do for them to give you some kind of information you could use to talk to Sony with they can ban the stolen PS3 from the PSN and work with Loss Prevention at BB to IP track and give a location it's at the sooner the person and PS3 is tracked down the sooner you get what you should've got in the first place.  Just having some information of some kind from BB could allow you to call Sony and explain your situation and possibly get a new system sent to you right away rather than waiting for BB to settle the matter internally and possibly giving you nothing.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 358 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Re: They didnt take it back, they took our info and said they...

Aug 7, 2008

Tensaiya wrote:

ShadowFyren wrote:

info: Bestbuy in Canada.

the cause of all your problems lie there

Actually canada isnt the problem, its just a couple of low lifes that do these things. Ive heard worse things happen in the US.

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 358 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Re: **bleep**?? PS3 MGS4 Bundle 80gig, only comes w

Aug 7, 2008

They were most likely unaware of what went on.  Trust me they aren't out to scam their customers.

I totally agree. Someone is probably scamming them. I know their reputation has been tarnished a little re: misleading prices, etc., but the corporation definitely wouldn't pull something like this.

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 358 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Aug 7, 2008
The problem is that it didnt seem like they wanted to help at all, they though i was a liar. Which i most certainly am NOT. They wouldnt even give me their full name for further contact. I dont know what information i can get from them to get this process going, i dont even know when they will email Lost prevention.
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 358 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Aug 7, 2008
I dont know what your rights are in Canada but in the states the law protects consumers. I would research the law in canada, maybe contact a consumer rights hotline/organization and possibly take best buy to court. Maybe contact these people: http://www.consumer.ca/1625   i hope everything works out for you.
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Re: **bleep** BESTBUY PROBLEM! DEFECTIVE 40gb in MGS4 80gb BUNDLE. HELP pls

Aug 7, 2008

ShadowFyren wrote:

Today I just got a new PS3 80gig, the MGS4 bundle. But when i opened it, the ps3 only had 2 usb ports, and it didnt have any card readers.(There was no flip up lid thing). I bought it from best buy, and im going tomorrow to find out what happened. But i first wanted to know if all MGS4 bundle ps3 80gigs came with 4 usb ports and card readers, or do some look exactly like the 40gig(2 usb ports and no card readers).??? There are also finger prints and scratches, but now i know that its not from packaging, and that someone placed this inside. 

Edit: I went into the system settings and checked the space, and it was 9000mb/37gb. That means it was a defective 40gig, that someone replaced into this MGS4 Bundle, im going back later today to return it, ill post what the result is when i get back from bestbuy. 

EDIT x2:
BEST BUY DID NOT TAKE IT BACK !!!!!!  They took our info and said they are filing it to corporate, the serial number on the ps3 was different that what was on the box.  So they are filing a lost and stolen prevention thing.

THEY COMPLETELY DIDNT CARE, The Manager walked away before our problem was resolved!! Does ANYONE have any information on what i can do, who i can call, PLEASE ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

PLEASE HELP if u have any numbers, any suggestions anything please HELP.
If anyone has anything that will help me get this resolved, please post here or email me at fyren_92@hotmail.com 
Message Edited by ShadowFyren on 08-06-2008 08:07 PM
Message Edited by ShadowFyren on 08-06-2008 08:07 PM
Message Edited by ShadowFyren on 08-06-2008 08:10 PM

I stopped buying things from Best Buy along time ago because I had problems with them living up to their warranty standards. Sorry, this has happened to you, I would try and call Sony or even call Best Buy Corporate to figure this thing out.

Your signature is in violation of the restrictions set in place by the New User Guide. As described in the New User Guide, signatures must be no larger than 150 pixels high by 520 pixels wide and must be no larger than 300KB. Please change your signature to comply with these restrictions. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 358 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

Re: BESTBUY SCAMMED ME! DEFECTIVE 40gb in MGS4 80gb BUNDLE.

Aug 7, 2008

Best Buy is crazy they did this to me years ago I bought a racing game and when i opened up the box it was a burned copy of the game. After trying over and over and them BS me and I gave up but they got me. It's not the Best Buy Corp its the people that stock or on the trucks or deal with repairs but the stole from me and got a way with it.

Message Edited by SpeedPredator on 08-06-2008 08:14 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 358 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1652 posts

Re: ok so i turned on the ps3, and it took me to the normal f...

Aug 7, 2008
I feel bad for you. I always hated Best Buy, every time I bought and returned something, they made me feel like I was stealing. All my systems I bought came from Target, 90 day return policy and they will not accuse me of anything.
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 358 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Aug 7, 2008

If anyone has the BESt BUY Canadian Corporate, or HQ number please tell me.

or please tell me the Sony number that i could call for an issue of this nature. 

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 358 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
634 posts

Aug 7, 2008
Go to a different best buy, and tell them it broke, say blu-ray doesn't work.  then they will usually return it and not check the label.. Happened to me lol..
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 358 (4 Views)
0 Likes