Dec 01 2011
By: Xuchilbara MVP Support 18752 posts

PS Community New Rank's Code of Arm & Points

5 replies 50 views Edited Dec 1, 2011

I've been too busy with work, chasing Talbot & making a better place out of Arkham City. Today I decided to make a stop by my PS Community profile, and to my surprise, I've come to notice that we all are rocking a Code of Arm based on Ranks & Points.

I've ran several forum searches trying to find information about this new community feature but the search engine seems to be fond of content posted during the Lithium Era. ---Can anybody please direct me to the right thread in which information about the new rank system, points and shields are being discussed?

Thanks.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 1 of 6 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Re: PS Community New Rank's Code of Arm & Points

Dec 1, 2011

This forum sure is alive and kicking...

Message 2 of 6 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19021 posts

Dec 1, 2011

Hey there, SevenFactors 

There is some talk of the points and shields by the mods starting on page 63 of the "New Forum Feedback" thread in the General Discussions section.  Besides that, not a whole lot else that I've seen discussed around here.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3390741?start=930&tstart=0

Message 3 of 6 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
32324 posts

Dec 1, 2011

Actually I thought there had been a fair amount of discussion, it is rather hidden & the search function throws up some odd results sometimes, but this is what I know/think I know so far:

1. Assuming someone posts a question as a question & asuming you post the correct answer & in turn they choose your answer as the correct one you will receive 5 points.

2. It appears a "like" is worth 1 or 2 points.

3 A post is also I think worth 1 or 2 points.

Along with the above I think your DOJ, being a proactive (I hate that word but it seemed appropriate sorry) member of the Community also helps you "rank-up", there are probably other factors as well, but as well know part of the fun is the not knowing, personally I like the new shields (badges as some people refer to them).

Message 4 of 6 (50 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18752 posts

Dec 7, 2011

zeker wrote:

Hey there, SevenFactors 

There is some talk of the points and shields by the mods starting on page 63 of the "New Forum Feedback" thread in the General Discussions section.  Besides that, not a whole lot else that I've seen discussed around here.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3390741?start=930&tstart=0

Hey, hello there Zeker Glad to see you & an honor it must be for Jive to have you.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Message 5 of 6 (50 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18752 posts

Dec 7, 2011

BRIT-KO wrote:

Actually I thought there had been a fair amount of discussion, it is rather hidden & the search function throws up some odd results sometimes, but this is what I know/think I know so far:

1. Assuming someone posts a question as a question & asuming you post the correct answer & in turn they choose your answer as the correct one you will receive 5 points.

2. It appears a "like" is worth 1 or 2 points.

3 A post is also I think worth 1 or 2 points.

Along with the above I think your DOJ, being a proactive (I hate that word but it seemed appropriate sorry) member of the Community also helps you "rank-up", there are probably other factors as well, but as well know part of the fun is the not knowing, personally I like the new shields (badges as some people refer to them).

"Proactive" just sounds like

http://www.myacnetreatmentreview.com/images/proactive-reviews.jpg

So I do agree with you, lets not use it.

-------------

The premordial PlayStation community rank system, which was under Lithium, used to take DOJ, post count and several other stats as requirement for ranking up. What they didn't have was the Shield. I very much like the idea, as well as, the visuals.

Message 6 of 6 (50 Views)
0 Likes