May 21 2014
By: YoungBeard Gaming Beast 2023 posts

PROUDEST moment in your life?!

[ Edited ]
31 replies 186 views Edited May 21, 2014

I haven't posted in a while since I have had a tight schedule with finishing up school and fun things like that. But anyways, I have been curious to see how people might respond to this question: What is your most proudest moment in your LIFE? I'm not talking about proud mements limited to video games (though that could count as an asnwer), but rather, your whole life. Something that made you want to share it with the world (that was over-exaggerated, but you get the point). I don't have many of these moments, but the closest thing that I can call a "proud moment" is when I graduated from High School a year ago. It was awesome because of all the graduation parties/celebrations and getting together with family. Or when I managed to hike all the way down below the canyons at Grand Canyon. It was an amazing experience but also very intense and scary

young beard signature
Message 1 of 32 (186 Views)
Limit Breaker
22378 posts

Re: PROUDEST moment in your life?!

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2014

d

the PROUDEST moment in my life ...was when i got the keys to my house Smiley Happy

it was my FIRST house.. and i did all i can in 2 years to get it.

it is a nice house, in a nice neighborhood, close to shopping centers.. etc..

managed to put down 30% as the down payment--  after only started to work as of June 2011.  bought the house in May 2013

after 1 year of owning the house we managed to build a considerable amount of equity.. it is now in 6 digits figure equite amt Smiley Happy..    when no one is buying. .it's time to buy...Smiley Happy

my next proudest moment will be when i paid off this house in 6-7 years from now Smiley Happy

that's the goal for me Smiley Happy

the next time i'm buying a house it will be during another housing crisis..  the houses around here have similar price range....the neighbor on my right paid full price for his house before the crash (2007).. the one on my left paid 50% less in 2011.. while i paid only 30% less in 2013.. price went up again..

if i can do it over.. i would buyt this house in 2011..  but  i'm still college no job.. and the house was not on the market yet.. :/

in a way.. i guess it was meant to be..  or something.

but it was a great learning experience and the PROUDEST MOMENT in my life.. is buying my first house Smiley Happy

*and yes . i did read all the paperworks and fine print clearly before i signed anything..and asked a lot of questions..did my own research and list of things to ask do.. etc..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 32 (175 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

May 21, 2014

@dulun18- Haha, awesome choice Smiley Very Happy When it comes down to it for me, as long as I have a nice neighborhood and a decent house, I'll be fine. Even an apartment would be fine by me as long as neighbors aren't obnoxious. I have yet to buy my first "real" house. I still got a ways to go. My parents did force me to get a job and rent an apartment with that money so that I can learn to live by "myself". Suffice to say, it didn't work out Smiley Tongue

young beard signature
Message 3 of 32 (160 Views)
Limit Breaker
22378 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

@dulun18- Haha, awesome choice Smiley Very Happy When it comes down to it for me, as long as I have a nice neighborhood and a decent house, I'll be fine. Even an apartment would be fine by me as long as neighbors aren't obnoxious. I have yet to buy my first "real" house. I still got a ways to go. My parents did force me to get a job and rent an apartment with that money so that I can learn to live by "myself". Suffice to say, it didn't work out Smiley Tongue

moving out is not easy.. not in this economy... sure.. we are encouraging INDEPENDENCE in the the US.. but the way they set up the system penalized you to live alone..

having my own house is much better..  since we used to rent apartments, houses..  but no equity what so ever.. and i can't do anything to the house.. since after some energy efficient DIY projects (costed me around $600- attic insulation, windows sealing, etc..)

the house i live in 2500sq use less electricity than the 1800sq ft house that we used to rent..  in july-august (hottest months in AZ)  $149 (2500sq ft) vs $243 (july- 1800sq ft)

sure with your own house. you have to do your own maintenance, HOA fees and property taxes..

but those things are not bad (i hate property taxes.. but most of it going to the local high school in the neighborhood..so i accepted it..given that i was a student myself back in the days..) ..  and giving that i'm a handyman already.. most of the things i can fix myself.. which are not that costly like people think.. it's costly when you hire someone.. but if you know how to do it. .the parts sometimes  are like $4-$5..if you do yourself at least 40-70% less vs hiring someone..

Message 4 of 32 (150 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

May 21, 2014

^True. But I think the main I had with the apartment maintaining the money properly. I am the type of person who's always looking for oppurtunities to buy all sorts of junk. Of course, I did learn my lesson and I do regret spending too much money since I could easily transfer that into college as well. But I doubt that'll be a problem later in my life. My friend's parents did something similar to him as well (although his maintainence of the aparatment was pretty successful, unlike mine).

young beard signature
Message 5 of 32 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22378 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

^True. But I think the main I had with the apartment maintaining the money properly. I am the type of person who's always looking for oppurtunities to buy all sorts of junk. Of course, I did learn my lesson and I do regret spending too much money since I could easily transfer that into college as well. But I doubt that'll be a problem later in my life. My friend's parents did something similar to him as well (although his maintainence of the aparatment was pretty successful, unlike mine).

i think most apartments will fix the appliances and things in the apartment when you submitted a repair request.. or just call in..

but for me. it depends.. if it's something that can be fix.. i'l fix it.. but if it's too old.. and the new ones are not that expensive.. i'll just buy new ones..  since i like having new things in the house anyway Smiley Happy

i used to live in apartments and often time they will fix .. never replace.. since it's more profitable that way..  but when it comes to your own house. you are more eager to replace the old appliances with a new one if you can afford it Smiley Happy

true.. owning a house is not for everyone..  since it's a BIG INVESTMENT..  also it's not ideal for those who moves around a lot..i have friends who are moving every 6-24 months..

but for me it's perfect.. since i like to stay in one place as long as possible.. i hate moving.. since we have so many stuffs.. it's too much of a hassle every time..

beside travelling around different countries.. i lived in 4 different states already..finally settling down in Arizona.. while i'm here.. i moved around 3 different cities in arizona already..  i hope this is the last time..

i'll buy another house in the future when i paid of this one.. but i'll put it up for rent..

i promised a friend who work in the housing department for the city..

a house for those who are less fortunate...  the rent will be 20% cheaper than the competitors, and i'll use a reward system.. if not damage or service call within the year.. 50% off the rent in december Smiley Happy..

of course any repairs that needed.. will be done by me.. but i'm buying new appliances for the place anyway.. so the chance of fixing it is slim.. unless they intentionally tried to damage them. or putting holes into my house walls.

but this is why i'm working with a friend of selecting the right tenants.. the ones who will appreciate what we are doing and treat the house as their own.. if it sucessful.. i might expand.. like buying a 2nd house for rent..

Message 6 of 32 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54523 posts

May 21, 2014

I've had several really good, pride inducing, moments in my life.   Getting my own home and then actually paying off the mortgage is definately one of the top ones.  Owning your own house/property with zero debt on it is one heck of a great feeling.

Message 7 of 32 (133 Views)
Fender Bender
3348 posts

May 21, 2014
It hasn't happened yet. Maybe when I recovered from a bad grade and got an A in biology.
guitar guru 2012
Message 8 of 32 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22378 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I've had several really good, pride inducing, moments in my life.   Getting my own home and then actually paying off the mortgage is definately one of the top ones.  Owning your own house/property with zero debt on it is one heck of a great feeling.

agreed Smiley Happy

living the American Dream.. some said.. some might not agree

but like you and me Smiley Happy  i'm loving it! Smiley Happy

still i have some years left on this house... so i'm not in the CLEAR yet...

**what do i do with $1079+ a month extra.. since i usually add in a seperate check toward the principlal as well...when there's no more mortgage?

i would love to travel again once i can lift this mortgage boulder of my shoulders Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 32 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8724 posts

May 21, 2014
I want to wait on saying what my Proudest moment is because a better one might come then the one I might want to say now. lol. So stay tuned !
Message 10 of 32 (127 Views)