Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Re: PC vs Consoles, What do you think?

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013
I'm just here to help, I care less whichever way you choose. I'm not rich I guess? I know I need to go cheapest way. I don't recommend mmos on PC. I recommend games we are playing now on PC. Ps3 back 360 back, mmos are real time wasters. You don't even realize it and whole day is gone. Plus you have to pay them all but diablos.

What's funny about it is, you get better bang for buck on PC and best quality but yet consoles you have to be rich. Is ironic ness?
Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 31 of 63 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Mar 18, 2013

No one cares. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 32 of 63 (175 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Mar 18, 2013

I will never game on a PC. I'm a couch and controller kind of guy. 

Message 33 of 63 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Honestly, given the power, and ability to upgrade a PC at any time, the PC will always "out perform" a console.

This being said, if you do not have the money to dump into a continuously needy  CPU, then a Console will always give you that "Out of the Box", and ready to go advantage.

PC Gaming and Console Gaming is completely different, when it is all said and done.  There are some arguments out there; FPSs are better suited for PC Gaming.  Better suited, or easier to target and move?

I have played BF2 on the CPU and on the PS.  I notice a substantial upgrade in my K/D when playing on the CPU, that I only chalk up as my ability to sight and aim faster with a mouse.

Overall, I do prefer the feel of a controller in my hand, over straddling a keyboard, and or modifying my key and mouse settings to get the optimum efficiency out of them.

What is more, a console is almost 100% an even playing field.  One person's skills are better than another's based solely on practice and abilities.  There is little to no difference between one player and another; with respects to processor speed, connection and Hardware.

I prefer consoles for this and other reasons.  While a CPU can be continuously Modded out, it remains that is must be continuously modded out.  So while a single Computer, may outlast two or three console waves, it is certainly NOT cheaper.  The costs incurred to maintain a computer to be a the top of the competition level of other computers is staggering at times.

If I play online with my PS3, I have the ability to gauge my skills, based on the level playing field.  With a CPU, I may dominate or get eviscerated, depending solely on how much of a machine I haveversus my competitor's.

As a final note, even though there are arguments about it here and there, the console is monitored and restricted on a greater level for "Hacks", "Cheats" and "Glitching".  Further, the Console's Terms of Use, prohibits these things, where as the Servers for CPUs are limited in their ability to monitor, or even restrict these things.

I run into more "foul play" while using the computer, than I do on a console.

Just my thoughts on it, but as gR said.  In the end, no one cares.  

No one here could care that much, because it is obvious since this is the PlayStation Community Forum, that we have in a majority, chosen a console as our primary gaming source.

Again, just my thoughts and opinions.

Moble

Message 34 of 63 (165 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7988 posts

Mar 18, 2013

While PC's give you the freedom of mods and endless possibilities in gaming, the cost of a system that will last 10-12 years is far beyond what most people have to spend.

It's true that PC's can and do offer more in the way of gaming and features it's not quite that simple.

Spending $3000-$5000 on a gaming rig that will last you isn't ideal for most of us. Even Spending $1000 on a rig that will only lasy 2-4 years isn't ideal. That being said spending $300-$500 on a console isn't "ideal" either but it's way easier to swallow that $300-$500 and be able to play any game that releases on that console with in it's life time.

It isn't the ability of the machine that steers most people away it's the cost. Even going through sites like tiger direct or new egg you are still looking to spend many times over what a console would cost. Most gamers don't need to see every blade of grass to enjoy a game it's as much about affordability as it is about the specs.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd73/rseverclear/Lightemuprsteele2.png

Message 35 of 63 (143 Views)
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013
My 1k rig lasted 11 years and counting and all i did extra was put a 25 buck 300 something nvidia card in it.  I know its better then ps3 and it was better then ps2 when i got it.

I guess im going to try for a few more them impossible bronzies on Dishonored.  I got ps3, till credit card is paid off then im pc gaming rigging it from here on.  That is all, i used to fight tooth to nail saying consoles was better to but i was very wrong.  They are getting so expensive its better to PC game.

I took that game out, that's dumb. I shouldn't even bought it, bronzes that hard are crazy ness. So now if you'll excuse me I'm going to finish up alice madness and god of wars.
Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 36 of 63 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I prefer consoles because of the ease of use, u plug it in, put in the disc and play! With PC you have to constantly update the software, drivers, etc. Also PC's become obsolete faster than consoles do because developers do not optimize their games on PC's as much as they do on consoles. For example a 6 year old console like the PS3 can run games like Uncharted, God of War, etc with outdated hardware because developers optimize the **bleep** out those games to make them run on the system. While a PC from 2006 with the same specs as a PS3 won't be able to do anything at all.

BTW - I'm not a console fanboy because I do game on PC, I use Steam to play Star Wars Online and several other games. Don't believe me check out my profile and add me if you want its - cross12095. I'm a newbie to Steam so that's why I don't have that many achievements although I plan on changing that soon! Smiley Happy

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 37 of 63 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Mar 19, 2013
I always run into updates on consoles, skyrim had like 6 alone. I guess though whatever you say, pcs are bc though so I don't know what your talking about on that. I do know the game infamous 1 will lock the ps3 up to where you have to pull power, and infamous2 does same, that's the only games so far you have to pull plug with I've come across. Rest you just hit power button and it works on lockups.
Message 38 of 63 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Mar 19, 2013

TheDster wrote:
I always run into updates on consoles, skyrim had like 6 alone. I guess though whatever you say, pcs are bc though so I don't know what your talking about on that. I do know the game infamous 1 will lock the ps3 up to where you have to pull power, and infamous2 does same, that's the only games so far you have to pull plug with I've come across. Rest you just hit power button and it works on lockups.

You can update games if you want to its optional. And don't talk about Skyrim, the ppl at Bethesda are complete fools at programing their game engines for the PS3. In fact all their games on PS3 run like **bleep**!

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 39 of 63 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Mar 19, 2013
I thought it was cause the ps3 lacked the power over the other console?
Message 40 of 63 (91 Views)
0 Likes