Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
2257 posts
 

Re: PC vs Consoles, What do you think?

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

TheDster wrote:

I think Pcs can last 4 console cycles with the right stuff in them, without a single upgrade whatsoever.  Such as 32gig dd3 1800mhz ram, 2gig or more graphic unit.  Also you could really tweak that bad boy up and sli, double the graphic cards or even quad that beast out.  1k bucks, is all it would really take to put into one to make it last 4 console cycles which is 24 years though.  Got to take care of it with cans of air and stuff once a month though.  I slack on that though but even every so many months.  I take care of ps3 once a month cleaning though.  Expensive consoles thats for sure.

 

One Pc to rule them all, One Pc to create them all, One Pc to bring all them consoles, and in their greediness smites them.



I stopped reading at "32gig dd3"; that is just nonsense. I'd like you to show me a computer from 24 years ago that can play anything from today.



Not from but all computers are bc up to 95 as long as you have windows OS,  Im talking this day and age you can get 32 gig ram, quad graphic cards and 8 core processors that has to amount to 24 years easy if not more?  Considering next Gen ps4 will only have 3 gig ram and probably 300mb at the most graphics or maybe better?

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 11 of 63 (128 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
34148 posts
 

Re: PC vs Consoles, What do you think?

Mar 17, 2013

PC gaming is dead, hardly anyone plays games on PC anymore. and 90% of those that do dont matter because they pirate the games anway.


Message 12 of 63 (125 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
2257 posts
 

Re: PC vs Consoles, What do you think?

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

Dr_McNoob wrote:

I think we should be able to enjoy both systems, and not have to choose which one is better.



Im just trying to save people a bundle, Mr McNoob or Dr rather.  I care and i know what it cost me this generation in games and system and tv.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 13 of 63 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
2257 posts
 

Re: PC vs Consoles, What do you think?

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

PC gaming is dead, hardly anyone plays games on PC anymore. and 90% of those that do dont matter because they pirate the games anway.



I need to learn that trick i guess, thats free stuff.  I do know the cost of PC games are alot cheaper then console, which i cant figure out cause PC is superior in graphics and resolution so far.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 14 of 63 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15344 posts
 

Re: PC vs Consoles, What do you think?

Mar 17, 2013

TheDster wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

TheDster wrote:

I think Pcs can last 4 console cycles with the right stuff in them, without a single upgrade whatsoever.  Such as 32gig dd3 1800mhz ram, 2gig or more graphic unit.  Also you could really tweak that bad boy up and sli, double the graphic cards or even quad that beast out.  1k bucks, is all it would really take to put into one to make it last 4 console cycles which is 24 years though.  Got to take care of it with cans of air and stuff once a month though.  I slack on that though but even every so many months.  I take care of ps3 once a month cleaning though.  Expensive consoles thats for sure.

 

One Pc to rule them all, One Pc to create them all, One Pc to bring all them consoles, and in their greediness smites them.



I stopped reading at "32gig dd3"; that is just nonsense. I'd like you to show me a computer from 24 years ago that can play anything from today.



Not from but all computers are bc up to 95 as long as you have windows OS,  Im talking this day and age you can get 32 gig ram, quad graphic cards and 8 core processors that has to amount to 24 years easy if not more?  Considering next Gen ps4 will only have 3 gig ram and probably 300mb at the most graphics or maybe better?


BC on a console is not the same as plaing a game released on Windows 95. If anything it would be as if you were playing a PS3 game released before the 2.0 update on a PS3 running 4.31. There is absolutely no need for 32 GB of RAM.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 15 of 63 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
2257 posts
 

Re: PC vs Consoles, What do you think?

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

they made mafia1 for windows 98 or 95 and ps2 and first xbox, maybe xp either way you can play it on pc doing that even on windows Vista or win 7 probably.  I know theres no need for that much ram but im just saying ps4 is going to have 3gig, i know theres limits with 3 gig.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 16 of 63 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15344 posts
 

Re: PC vs Consoles, What do you think?

Mar 17, 2013

TheDster wrote:

they made mafia1 for windows 98 or 95 and ps2 and first xbox, maybe xp either way you can play it on pc doing that even on windows Vista or win 7 probably.  I know theres no need for that much ram but im just saying ps4 is going to have 3gig, i know theres limits with 3 gig.


The PS4 will have 8 GB of Unified DDR5 Ram. Playing a game released on Win 95 on a Win 8 machine is not the same as playing a PS1 game on a PS4.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 17 of 63 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/07/2006
Offline
67 posts
 

Re: PC vs Consoles, What do you think?

Mar 17, 2013
I've pretty much always been a console gamer. When I was a kid, my dad already owned quite a few video game consoles so it's just what I'm used to. He's moved on to become a strictly PC gamer now, but I can't ever see that happening for myself.
Message 18 of 63 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
2257 posts
 

Re: PC vs Consoles, What do you think?

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

TheDster wrote:

they made mafia1 for windows 98 or 95 and ps2 and first xbox, maybe xp either way you can play it on pc doing that even on windows Vista or win 7 probably.  I know theres no need for that much ram but im just saying ps4 is going to have 3gig, i know theres limits with 3 gig.


The PS4 will have 8 GB of Unified DDR5 Ram. Playing a game released on Win 95 on a Win 8 machine is not the same as playing a PS1 game on a PS4.



Seeing the stats is believing where did you see them stats?  Actually i probably wouldnt believe them anyhow, i did on on all the games that was posted 1080p as well and found out different.  Id like to see what the stats are on the unit.  I thought the movie said 3 gig ddr3 ram could be wrong though?  Or maybe someone posted it here and i read it?

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 19 of 63 (87 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/23/2006
Offline
2375 posts
 

Re: PC vs Consoles, What do you think?

Mar 17, 2013
In my opinion, both platforms are different and aim for different audiences. As they both reach for different audiences, they both have their pros and cons.

PC gaming is more for the hardcore gamer. If you want a game that requires a lot of teamwork, has great gameplay mechanics, and requires a lot of time, you go PC. If you want a less social and more competitive experience, you go with PC.

Console gaming is more for the casual gamer. If you want good games that don't require grinding, and have decent gaming mechanics, you go console. If you want a more social experience you go with console.
Message 20 of 63 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes