Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 17 2013
By: TheDster Gaming Beast 2195 posts

PC vs Consoles, What do you think?

[ Edited ]
62 replies 249 views Edited Mar 17, 2013

I think Pcs can last 4 console cycles with the right stuff in them, without a single upgrade whatsoever.  Such as 32gig dd3 1800mhz ram, 2gig or more graphic unit.  Also you could really tweak that bad boy up and sli, double the graphic cards or even quad that beast out.  1k bucks, is all it would really take to put into one to make it last 4 console cycles which is 24 years though.  Got to take care of it with cans of air and stuff once a month though.  I slack on that though but even every so many months.  I take care of ps3 once a month cleaning though.  Expensive consoles thats for sure.

One Pc to rule them all, One Pc to create them all, One Pc to bring all them consoles, and in their greediness smites them.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 63 (249 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Re: PC vs Consoles, What do you think?

Mar 17, 2013

Both PC and consoles have their pros and cons. Personally I prefer consoles. I like being comfortable when I play instead of at a desk with the keyboard and mouse. The only genre PC is more appealing to me is MMORPGs simply because there are very few on the consoles. I hate RTS games and don't play FPS games online anymore so the advantage of a mouse doesn't matter to me.

There has been a lot of Indie games poppin up on PC but many are being ported to the consoles.

It's really preference. If I started as a PC gamer I probably wouldn't be interested in consoles.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 63 (236 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18235 posts

Mar 17, 2013
People generally say that PCs are better than consoles, but you can really rack up a hefty price tag getting all the right parts to get the best quality out of it.

However, if you have that money to spend, you can get one great piece of gaming hardware out of it. Of course, you'll miss out on console exclusives, but you can do a lot of cool things with a powerful PC.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 63 (232 Views)
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I would love to try Battlefield 3 on ultimate settings with a powerful rig. My PC is a Dell pentium 4. It's got less than a gb of ram. Believe it's from 2004 or 2005. Nothing has been upgraded except 256mb of ram was added because a friend had an extra stick laying around. I

LOL

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 63 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7551 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I honestly don't care about PC, no matter how good it is or better it is. It just costs too much and I don't agree with the ToS and Privacy Policy of Steam and Origin and their Anti-Cheating software.

I also don't want to be associated with the PC Community, who likes to whine about console ports, whine about bugs, whine about DRM, whine about lazy developers, and I especially don't want to be associated with it's unreasonably Elitist parts because they are massive jerks and have problems.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 63 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14130 posts

Mar 17, 2013

TheDster wrote:

I think Pcs can last 4 console cycles with the right stuff in them, without a single upgrade whatsoever.  Such as 32gig dd3 1800mhz ram, 2gig or more graphic unit.  Also you could really tweak that bad boy up and sli, double the graphic cards or even quad that beast out.  1k bucks, is all it would really take to put into one to make it last 4 console cycles which is 24 years though.  Got to take care of it with cans of air and stuff once a month though.  I slack on that though but even every so many months.  I take care of ps3 once a month cleaning though.  Expensive consoles thats for sure.

One Pc to rule them all, One Pc to create them all, One Pc to bring all them consoles, and in their greediness smites them.

I stopped reading at "32gig dd3"; that is just nonsense. I'd like you to show me a computer from 24 years ago that can play anything from today.

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 63 (220 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9669 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I think we should be able to enjoy both systems, and not have to choose which one is better.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 63 (216 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3319 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I like consoles, the community, the games brought to my attention because of it, and the family friendly part of it. I don't LET anyone else touch my computer!

I play stuff like Fieldrunners on my PC. I built a dream machine not that long ago, it's very capable of playing anything mostly. (SLI)  People online that know about my rig think I'm NUTS not to just GAME on it.

I like it for all my computer needs, it just works so well, compared to the other computers I have/had. I can multi-multi-multi...task. I play serious games on my PS3, the rest of the family can use those games too. It'd be so selfish of me to PC game, except for any Humble Bundles I get, which I can put on the other computers, little indy games. 

Sure my PC can game with the best of them, but I still prefer my PS3 right now, and in the future the PS4 no doubt.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 63 (213 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Both are great in their own ways.  I use both, and also play with both.  But, if you are talking about gaming, then perhaps the consoles are better, because computers need to be updated in graphics specs every few years, and consoles are designed for gaming.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 63 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I paid 650 for MGS bundle, i could bought a PC kit for that.  Im just saying.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 63 (205 Views)
0 Likes